Hwy 285 Road Conditions

24 Nov 2020 08:26 #241 by MountainTownAlerts
Aimee O. 20m ago
Drove down from Bailey to Denver, roads are a bit slick, snow packed. From Bailey to Conifer averaged 40 mph, Conifer to 470 averaged 45 mph. Denver roads are worse than 285 Hwy. no issues. Just slow down & be mindful. Happy Tuesday All

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2020 09:40 #242 by MountainTownAlerts
Chrissy O. 21m
Just came down from the top of Conifer Mountain (Kennedy Gulch exit). Kennedy/Conifer Mountain drive was plowed, snow packed and icy in spots. 285 is snow packed and icy. It’s really icy through Aspen Park. Windy point wasn’t too bad... snow packed with packed snow underneath. Coming into Turkey Creek area was slick and icy. The canyon... Oh the infamous canyon... it’s plowed with icy snowpack all over it. Both sides were open when I came down. I saw one box truck get stuck on the UPHILL (Southbound), but traffic is moving both directions. I saw plows all over 285 and even on Conifer Mountain! Lakewood is a disaster... No plowing and A LOT of people out that shouldn’t be. I have done a lot of dodging crazy people down here. Take it slow and steady... Remember 4wd doesn’t mean 4 she’ll stop!

Stefanie E. 33m
Just drove home from a busy ER night shift ....
I70 is HORRIBLE! 470 is drivable (I went 40mph). Going up 285 was sketchy. Lots of vehicles (and even a big truck) blocking lanes. Snowpacked. Slushy and slippery.
In my neighborhood off Foxton, the plow truck is off the road and stuck.
Happy Tuesday. Good night.

24 Nov 2020 13:12 #243 by MountainTownAlerts
Chad A. 4m
Drove from Bailey to Denver. 285 either side of Conifer mostly wet and slushy. Conifer still snow packed and icy.

Melissa D. 1hr
Just drove Shawnee to Conifer, conditions aren't bad at all. Some spots snow packed but mostly sushy and wet. Was able to do 45

Current view from our webcam at Little Britches, showing blue skies! mymountaintown.com/
Attachments:

10 Dec 2020 20:29 #244 by MountainTownAlerts
Attachments:

11 Dec 2020 06:38 #245 by MountainTownAlerts
From 285 Travelers:
Barbara F. 34min ago
285 thru Conifer is foggy and snow packed. Plows are out.

Clif B. 37min ago
43 is snowpacked and slick in the usual spots 285 is partially snowpacked till pine junction then just wet till the north side of Richmond then partially snowpacked 73 is snowpacked but the plows have dropped some sand theres also some light fog, stay safe

Casey A. 1h ago
Heavy freezing fog from conifer northbound to surrey road with slushy roads, very poor visibility. Surrey road through the Canyon mostly just wet

11 Dec 2020 07:00 #246 by MountainTownAlerts
Wes A. 16min ago
Just drove down the hill from pine jct to littleton. 285 nb has little bit of snow on the road but just wet. foggy through conifer. all traffic is running at just under normal speeds. Drove down in a 2wd car and was just fine.

15 Dec 2020 07:41 #247 by MountainTownAlerts
Reports from 285 Travelers this morning:
Kel L. 21m
Drove up 43 to Aspen Park. Some snow, some slush, some wet but really no big deal. Traffic flowing slower than normal. Only took a few minutes extra.

JT H. 34m
6:30am: 285 NB drastically improves after Windy Point — turns to rain/ slush at 470. Top up on windshield fluid

Kiki W. 47m
Update; made it to Loveland. Far right lane on North bound 285 was not plowed well, if at all. Left lane was clear, but lane transitions dicey. 470 E was slow with lots of lane slush, evidence of a prior accident just before I-70. Pretty much just wet the rest of the way. I went slower than the speed limit until I hit I-70 at about Wadsworth.

Clif B. 1hr
Snowpacked from 43 to Evergreen still snowing in kings valley watch that damn roundabout in marshdale its solid ice

Ryan P. 1hr
The roads aren't too bad. Just alittle snowy. I went the speed limit almost the whole way

Scanner & Emergency Info Forum for Travel Alerts, Preparing for Winter in the Mountains, accidents and more: mymountaintown.com/forum/46-scanner-emer...fo-weather-forecasts

Webcam views: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Hwy 285 at Parmalee Gulch looking NB

MMT Windy Point

MMT at Knit Knook/Colorado Taekwondo Institute in Conifer Marketplace

MMT at Aspen Peak Cellars in Bailey

MMT at The Shaggy Sheep/ADV Mortgage in Grant

19 Jan 2021 07:39 #248 by MountainTownAlerts
Road conditions as reported by travelers:
Jon G 48min ago
285 was wet from Conifer to 470

Clif B. 1hr ago
43 is snowpacked watch the hard left before the school 285 mostly snowpacked but plows are out 73 is sanded to the school but beyond is a bit slick careful at the roundabout in marshdale or you'll eat curb be safe

285 at Parmalee Gulch (MM246)

Windy Point (MM 241)

Bailey (MM 222)
Attachments:

25 Jan 2021 16:01 #249 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif B. 3:39pm
Starting to ice up be careful on 43 it's pretty slickery

*Note from cosmiccowboy55: accidents at CR 43 and Hangman (2 cars), CR 43 and Shelton (one car slide off). No injuries in either

Myriah S. 2:59pm
My drive from conifer to bailey (43) between 2-2:30- Started snowing in conifer but roads were mostly dry and getting wet. Snow started sticking to roads and super slick at park county line in pine and then just wet again until loaf n jug. Roads wet past there until elementary school (cr 43), slick and sticking to roads but they were actually putting dirt on the road! My guess is it will be getting slick as the temps drop and sun goes down.
P.S. please turn your headlight on! 80% of my fellow drivers did not have their lights on as it was snowing. BE SAFE!!

Webcam views:
mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic

Attachments:

26 Jan 2021 06:57 #250 by MountainTownAlerts
Reports from travelers this morning:

Clif B. 14m ago
Good morning 43 is snowpacked and slick in the normal spots 285 is partially snowpacked cdot has done a pretty good job this morning 73 is partially snowpacked and has been sanded once again the biggest issue is our fellow 285 travelers that are late or for whatever reason drive like the stole the car

Dina S. 51m ago
Not bad. A little snowy but I was able to maintain 40mph easily

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds