Hwy 285 Road Conditions

03 May 2021 06:42 #291 by MountainTownAlerts
@ICFPD 48m
You can expect wet and sloppy driving conditions on Hwy 285 in Turkey Creek Canyon and at Windy Point this morning. Leave a few minutes early, slow down and give plenty of space to emergency and road maintenance vehicles

Jon G 14m
Left the house at 0515, got to Golden at 0555. Shadow mountain and 285 were not plowed, icy, snow packed. About North turkey Creek it turned to just wet.

Joe O 29m
Less and less snow on the road the farther you get but a little dicey and slick through conifer

Andi R 40m
NTC slushy wet snow, wasn’t slick, nb 285 getting slushy, until the curves/ canyon then it’s wet. Standing water on 285 after Hwy 8, hydroplaning possible.. and trucks driving close to the lines are splashing slush on cars so be careful

Clif B 1hr
Good morning as of 4am 43 was just wet 285 is wet until the climb outta shaffers crossing, about half way up it starts to get slushy and snowpacked 73 is a mess has not been plowed and is pretty slick until just before Brook Forrest then just wet. Happy Monday ugggg

Chris L 1hr
White out and slick in Bailey

View at Windy Point: mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2021 07:38 #292 by MountainTownAlerts
Brianna E 18m
Pine Junction to Aspen Park
Roads mostly wet with some slush. However there are areas with lots of standing water, watch your speed.

An oversized load was heading SB. They passed Safeway at 7:15am.

03 May 2021 16:56 #293 by MountainTownAlerts
Phil T 4:24pm
285 SB in Turkey Creek Canyon, proximately half mile before Indian Hills turn off.. Rock slide - rock on road – Right lane - traffic is merging in the left lane so watch out!

03 May 2021 18:25 #294 by MountainTownAlerts
Betty B. 6:12pm
Just back to Pine from Englewood.
Rock slide has been cleared from canyon. Raining in Denver, heavy fog and wet roads through the canyon .. fog clears SB coming into conifer ... Roads were largely dry past Conifer into Pine.

04 May 2021 07:11 #295 by MountainTownAlerts
Clif B 6am
43,285,73 just wet this morning, with a little fog here and there

Pammie D 6am
430am. Roads from Richmond Hill to Denver just wet. Lots of splash back. Watch your speeds

10 May 2021 08:32 #296 by MountainTownAlerts
Karen D 8:05am
Roads were dry Conifer to Evergreen. Super foggy in Evergreen/73. Drive safe everyone.

Greg V 7:56am
Fog is still super dense leaving conifer towards Denver

Clif B 6:30am
Roads are just wet with patchy fog on a personal note im over the snow for the season just saying

11 May 2021 14:17 #297 by MountainTownAlerts
Bea E 2:15pm
Skip it, icing under the snow, it’s a mess

Kristen E 2:08pm
Kings valley crossing: Conifer to pine Junction. Roads are getting bad, about 4 cars off the road already. Be safe out there today.

Amber M 2:01pm
I just drove from 43 to conifer High School and it took about 40 minutes.. lots of heavy snow, people doing less than 20mph and it’s still dumping heavy!

Kim B 1:58pm
Hubby just got home to Elk Creek Highlands - said roads were terrible and had trouble getting up hill past 43/47 split. We do not have 4WD, but do have studded tires that do really well in the snow.

Debbie F 1:45pm
I just drove from Conifer to Bailey about 20 minutes ago. Foggy all the way. Slushy starting at Pine Junction and coming into Bailey but I imagine that is probably true for the Conifer/Schaeffer's Crossing area now as well. Hydroplaning could also be an issue if you are going too fast.

Aimee P 1:45pm
I’m at conifer high school and it’s dumping snow, accumulating fast on side roads.

11 May 2021 16:00 #298 by MountainTownAlerts
Jim W 3:45pm
I just drove down from Pine Junction to Littleton. The roads were very wet and sloppy along the edges, but not icy.

Kassie G 3:33pm
Through conifer it’s wet and slushy, snowfall has picked up again.

Kate H 3:20pm
Just got home at Windy Point at 3:15pm. From C470 to Windy Point, only wet roads.

I am in a 2WD rental car right now and my husband called and said I better come home because roads were getting really bad. Got to the CDOT sign getting on 285 and it said that Passanger Traction Laws were in effect. Since my car didn’t meet the criteria, I pulled over at The Fort and my husband came and picked me up. From the time he got from Windy Point to The Fort, the roads completely cleared up.

Brianna E. 3:13pm
Drove 285 NB left around 2:15, got to Wadsworth around 3.
Went 20-40mph until I reached the exit for Tiny Town.
Red truck SB at Richmond Hill damaged, drive through area slow.
Saw about 4 cars off the road at Windy Point SB.
A state trooper was towing one guy out.
Roads were mostly slushy.
Around the Tiny Town exit they became just wet.
Currently in Lakewood, it's misting rain.
Also, some standing water in the canyon and until you hit 470. Be careful of speeds. A truck passed me and splashed my entire windshield with water.
Drive safe! Turn on your lights! And anyone leaving the mountains to head down, please clear off all your windows of snow!

10 Jun 2021 12:11 #299 by MountainTownAlerts

14 Jun 2021 14:41 #300 by MountainTownAlerts
From Sarah W. 1 min ago
Rollover accident between blue creek and valley hi. Avoid the area of possible

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds