Pinecam picnic

22 Sep 2010 14:20 #181 by NorCan
Replied by NorCan on topic Pinecam picnic
I think Viking got the PC ban for too many :bash :bash :bash :bash

Seriously, I was so bummed to see that they banished the Viking. no one should be banned from a community website for voicing his/her opinions! I love to see people get passionate about things, even if i don't agree with them.

So i am really happy to see so many familiar avatars here on 285Bound!

(and yes, i've had several moderator spankings over there at that other site : Embarrassed: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Sep 2010 14:47 #182 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pinecam picnic

Science Chic wrote: Viking, seriously, you hung out til 9:30? That coffee must have been d@*n good! It was great getting to know you better; looking forward to more chats in the future! And it was awesome hanging out with everyone else too - it did feel like a group of old friends and the future looks bright! Lunch next week?!

Yes I ran to the chiropractor and the bank after you left, then I went back to meet a client and couple others and sat and visited all night. That place is really growing on me. And FYI, we had a long talk and the owner knows a few of the kniks he has to work out and loves our input. He is fixing things daily and it has only been a week. So I think that will be a great place for a long time to come.

22 Sep 2010 14:51 #183 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Most of us who regularly post are doing so with an intention of persuading others to see and understand our point of view, maybe even change their minds! This cannot be accomplished with name-calling, sweeping generalizations, demeaning attitudes toward others, or without being backed up by independent, credible data (in some cases) and this is where I saw a lot of the modification coming in on Pinecam. I've seen much improvement in the posts of some who used to just outright dismiss me, and others, and/or my/their views, but I see room for more improvement too. My goal was a subtle attempt to get y'all to be a little more like me in your postings - without them being as long as mine cuz I hate reading that much! Then we can really have some fun!

LOL, But Viking does use name-calling, sweeping generalizations, demeaning attitudes toward others, and does post without backing up it up with independent, credible data (in some cases) but we love him anyway. That is no reason to get suspended or banned. LOL
Just kidding Viking. I am sorry I could not resist.

Hey!! What you singling me out in that one for? You need to meet us for lunch next week when we get together again.

22 Sep 2010 14:54 #184 by The Viking

NorCan wrote: I think Viking got the PC ban for too many :bash :bash :bash :bash

Seriously, I was so bummed to see that they banished the Viking. no one should be banned from a community website for voicing his/her opinions! I love to see people get passionate about things, even if i don't agree with them.

So i am really happy to see so many familiar avatars here on 285Bound!

(and yes, i've had several moderator spankings over there at that other site : Embarrassed: )

Yes but the real question is.........did you like it?

rofllol God I love this site!!! That would have gotten me scolded or suspended elsewhere and it is all in fun!

22 Sep 2010 15:43 #185 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Pinecam picnic

The Viking wrote: That place is really growing on me. And FYI, we had a long talk and the owner knows a few of the kniks he has to work out and loves our input. He is fixing things daily and it has only been a week. So I think that will be a great place for a long time to come.

Do they have good fixins for football lunches, say when the Vikes play the Pack?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Sep 2010 17:45 #186 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pinecam picnic
You guys have to come see me. We can watch the games together. I have HD.

But Packers are not allowed on my TV, PF. LOL

22 Sep 2010 17:48 #187 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Pinecam picnic

CinnamonGirl wrote: LOL, But Viking does use name-calling, sweeping generalizations, demeaning attitudes toward others, and does post without backing up it up with independent, credible data (in some cases) but we love him anyway. That is no reason to get suspended or banned. LOL
Just kidding Viking. I am sorry I could not resist.

I know!
File Attachment:
And I told him flat out that sometimes I want to chuck something at his head when he does that! lol He has improved a bunch though and I gave him credit for that, but here's my new emoticon for him when he pulls that crap again (cuz I know he can take it without getting his panties in a bunch!)
File Attachment:
:biggrin:

Sunshine Girl wrote: SC - you're kiddos are adorable!

SG - thanks! I'm expecting pictures of yours next time!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Sep 2010 06:21 #188 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Pinecam picnic
OK, (sorry about that, long stories), I admit I haven't been around, but could somebody please try and summarize these 19pages?

23 Sep 2010 07:29 #189 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pinecam picnic
TPP, we have really missed you around here. You know you were voted one of the funniest posters back when. LOL

23 Sep 2010 08:16 #190 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Pinecam picnic
TPP, nice to see you posting again. I'm glad you got out early for good behavior.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds