Pinecam picnic

18 Sep 2010 11:19 #1 by V_A
Pinecam picnic was created by V_A
Anyone going to the Pinecam Picnic? We are thinking about going.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2010 12:41 #2 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pinecam picnic
I think it would be fun. So who wants to join me in attending the Pinecam annual picnic tomorrow? I think it would be a lot of fun to see the expressions on many of their faces. I am never uncomfortable so it won't bother me. I think we are all still members of this community right? Or is this just an elitist club picnic now?

18 Sep 2010 13:45 #3 by Spykster
Replied by Spykster on topic Pinecam picnic
Let them crawl around in the mud by themselves...

18 Sep 2010 20:17 #4 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Pinecam picnic

The Viking wrote: I think we are all still members of this community right? Or is this just an elitist club picnic now?

I believe it's a picnic for members of Pinecam. You aren't a member.

It always surprised me how few people show up for the event every year, compared to the thousands of members they have. I think the 285Bound Pot Luck that Becky hosted will hold the attendance record for years to come.

18 Sep 2010 20:35 #5 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Pinecam picnic

Wayne Harrison wrote:

The Viking wrote: I think we are all still members of this community right? Or is this just an elitist club picnic now?

It always surprised me how few people show up for the event every year, compared to the thousands of members they have. I think the 285Bound Pot Luck that Becky hosted will hold the attendance record for years to come.

I think he would be welcome, member or not. JMO.

18 Sep 2010 20:38 #6 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote:

That is because this site is so much more of a community and much moer inclusive than that wanna be country club type site. When most of their time is spent scolding people and people talking about how upset they are with the site and how they make people feel alienated and how they have banned so many of our community for life. It just doesn't feel very welcoming to be around them for a picnic.

Yes, I agree, what Becky put on with a group of people from a site that had only been around for less than 5 months, will far outshine anything Pinecam could ever put together at this point, after what they have done to that site and how they make people feel up here.

18 Sep 2010 20:39 #7 by The Viking

neptunechimney wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote:

I think he would be welcome, member or not. JMO.

With Pinecam, no one is really welcome anymore. Just tolerated.

18 Sep 2010 20:52 #8 by pinedust
Replied by pinedust on topic Pinecam picnic
I do believe we, chocolove and I, will show up. There will always be special place in my heart for pinecam, and many of the people that make it work.

18 Sep 2010 20:56 #9 by chocolove
Replied by chocolove on topic Pinecam picnic
Well, I guess, I will be tolerated then. As we will be showing up. I have never felt unwanted in Pinecamland...I just don't always agree with everything that is done. However, it is my first love, and I will try to do nothing to ruin it but I will venture to other sites as is my free will. I don't need to bash, I can play in many playgrounds just like I did in high school with their stupid cliques! I don't belong to anyone, or any group.

18 Sep 2010 21:01 #10 by pchistory
Replied by pchistory on topic Pinecam picnic

chocolove wrote: Well, I guess, I will be tolerated then. As we will be showing up. I have never felt unwanted in Pinecamland...I just don't always agree with everything that is done. However, it is my first love, and I will try to do nothing to ruin it but I will venture to other sites as is my free will. I don't need to bash, I can play in many playgrounds just like I did in high school with their stupid cliques! I don't belong to anyone, or any group.

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds