Pinecam picnic

19 Sep 2010 08:28 #21 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pinecam picnic

Local_Historian wrote: We'll not be going. Son has the back to school crud, I'm babysitting tomorrow, and I wouldn't feel comfortable there anyway.

That is what I am talking about. It is sad that they have made so many people in our community feel uncomfortable. I have talked to business owners up here who don't even like their site anymore and they are not really even posters. They just saw all the divisivness that went on there and how they silenced so many of us. I may not go either becuase I may be taking a friend and her granddaughter to the zoo. If anyone goes I hope you have a great time and I hope they change and try and make everyone feel welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Sep 2010 12:18 #22 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pinecam picnic
Today is a beautiful day for a picnic.
Enjoy!!!!!!
Keep an eye out for smoke.

19 Sep 2010 14:07 #23 by Dilbert
Replied by Dilbert on topic Pinecam picnic

The Viking wrote:

chocolove wrote: Well, I guess, I will be tolerated then. As we will be showing up. I have never felt unwanted in Pinecamland...I just don't always agree with everything that is done. However, it is my first love, and I will try to do nothing to ruin it but I will venture to other sites as is my free will. I don't need to bash, I can play in many playgrounds just like I did in high school with their stupid cliques! I don't belong to anyone, or any group.

I am not bashing them, just stating the facts. I hear a lot of the behind the scenes childish talk about myself and others up here who are no longer on Pinecam. I can't believe people have no life and have to keep acting like that.
I would love to go but I have always been given the cold shoulder by several pinecammers when they see me out. It is so childish. I say hi and try and be nice but they refuse to treat me like a neighbor anymore. It is sad that grown adults still hae thier cliques and act that way towards other adults. They must really be bored and unhappy in their lives. And they are the ones who banned me! I never did anything to them for them to treat me like they do. It would be fun but all I get is dirty looks and fake smiles and then the backstabbing I have heard about from ones who I still get along with. There are many over there who I still do get along with and it is sad that Pinecam decided to divide up our community like they did. But it was a blessing in disguise. We now have an amazing site that is so much closer as we all could tell by the large turnout at Becky's house.

I would love to post great hings about Brooks Tavern on Pinecam so more in our community know, but like I told a couple people there tonight who asked if I post things online about the restaurants. I told them I was banned for life from there and they won't allow me to contribute useful information on their site anymore. But I did spread the word to several people about this site so hopefully they will join where we all can post about the new Restaurants up here.

Why would anyone talk about you? You really think you're that important? I'm on pinecam more than here and I've never seen anything about you - just sayin'

19 Sep 2010 14:21 #24 by CC
:(

19 Sep 2010 14:45 #25 by robin
Replied by robin on topic Pinecam picnic
Doobie, I haven't either...not in the main forums or the backrooms.
I always wonder who the heck "they" are? Who does that refer to?

I sincerely hope that anyone who goes to the picnic is welcomed and enjoys themselves. I hope everyone who lives up there realizes how lucky you are to even live close enough to SEE each other and enjoy each other in person rather than just behind a computer! How wonderful that would be!!

19 Sep 2010 15:04 #26 by Spykster
Replied by Spykster on topic Pinecam picnic

Doobie wrote:

The Viking wrote:

chocolove wrote: Well, I guess, I will be tolerated then. As we will be showing up. I have never felt unwanted in Pinecamland...I just don't always agree with everything that is done. However, it is my first love, and I will try to do nothing to ruin it but I will venture to other sites as is my free will. I don't need to bash, I can play in many playgrounds just like I did in high school with their stupid cliques! I don't belong to anyone, or any group.

I am not bashing them, just stating the facts. I hear a lot of the behind the scenes childish talk about myself and others up here who are no longer on Pinecam. I can't believe people have no life and have to keep acting like that.
I would love to go but I have always been given the cold shoulder by several pinecammers when they see me out. It is so childish. I say hi and try and be nice but they refuse to treat me like a neighbor anymore. It is sad that grown adults still hae thier cliques and act that way towards other adults. They must really be bored and unhappy in their lives. And they are the ones who banned me! I never did anything to them for them to treat me like they do. It would be fun but all I get is dirty looks and fake smiles and then the backstabbing I have heard about from ones who I still get along with. There are many over there who I still do get along with and it is sad that Pinecam decided to divide up our community like they did. But it was a blessing in disguise. We now have an amazing site that is so much closer as we all could tell by the large turnout at Becky's house.

I would love to post great hings about Brooks Tavern on Pinecam so more in our community know, but like I told a couple people there tonight who asked if I post things online about the restaurants. I told them I was banned for life from there and they won't allow me to contribute useful information on their site anymore. But I did spread the word to several people about this site so hopefully they will join where we all can post about the new Restaurants up here.

Why would anyone talk about you? You really think you're that important? I'm on pinecam more than here and I've never seen anything about you - just sayin'

They do tend to be exremely nasty there, and if you are associated with a mod, you can do and say anything you want. It is a very biased place.

19 Sep 2010 16:36 #27 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Pinecam picnic

The Viking wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: I'm going! :wink:

Really? What time? I'll go with you. I can't imagine all the whispering and dirty looks if we show up.

You going to breakfast tomorrow?

Oh, I was just kidding Viking, hence the wink.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 Sep 2010 17:26 #28 by CC
As I said before....I hope everyone had a wonderful time today.
I have tried to take the high road here but I do need to say one thing.....
Viking IS a very important person. Everyone in this community IS a very important person and deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. Even the folks we don't like.
Rather than belittle those who are angry and hurt by the actions of others....why not embrace them and try to learn from their anger, frustration or hurt. I don't get the feeling that 285bound tries to best Pinecam every day. I thought the goal here was to try and provide an alternative that was somewhat different for folks. This is a learning curve here. I personally wish Pinecam well. There are some truly outstanding folks over there who want exactly what most of us want for this community. (I ran into one just this morning at the VFW breakfast :wave: )
robin, why not try and understand why a handful here feel the way they do and try to repair that rather than make it an issue to post on. All you do is re-enforce their beliefs. That isn't hard to understand.
We are all neighbors here. Can't we try to get along? :hands:
I am so tired of all of this :Slpfigh:
Sometimes I am so embarrassed by how we treat our neighbors.

19 Sep 2010 17:36 #29 by CC
By the way....Viking didn't reference the backrooms or forums....

I would love to go but I have always been given the cold shoulder by several pinecammers when they see me out.

It would be fun but all I get is dirty looks and fake smiles and then the backstabbing I have heard about from ones who I still get along with.

So....before we go down that rumor or less than factual road....Let's pay attention to what was actually said.
It is helpful to live here and actually experience it first hand.

I hope Pinedust and Chocolove will post some pics for us because I REALLY do hope everyone had a great time.

19 Sep 2010 18:07 #30 by Dilbert
Replied by Dilbert on topic Pinecam picnic
Maybe this Robin got that idea from this sentence by Viking:

I hear a lot of the behind the scenes childish talk about myself and others up here who are no longer on Pinecam.

Not sure what it means but I kinda took it the same way but maybe I said it wrong - don't know viking or if he's important or not but just meant that I don't think he's that important at Pinecam to think everbody's talking about him is all I meant.

Hope everone had a good time at the picnic - there are some nice folks over there and I don't ever see talk about here or anyone that posts here unless somebody from here goes over there - I thought they was real nice when this place was down to let the folks know - I thought they was real nice.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds