Pinecam picnic

20 Sep 2010 12:26 #91 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pinecam picnic
BearMtnIHB wanna meet us for lunch tomorrow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 12:31 #92 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Pinecam picnic
Gotta work tomorrow down the hill- but I would like to do lunch and meet some of you.

20 Sep 2010 12:35 #93 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pinecam picnic
BearMtnHIB
Sad but true.
I know that a good deal of the opinions posted here on 285bound are not shared by the management. I have never been told that I could not post something. Just asked if I really wanted to post it. LOL
Just my opinion....but 285bound.com does seem to embody and encourage a sense of community. There is a feeling of inclusion and not exclusion here.
I am thinking that it might be time to plan another get-together for the holidays.
Any ideas?

20 Sep 2010 12:35 #94 by BearMtnHIB
Here's the deal - as many of you are pointing out- many members of the community are finding problems with the way Pinecam operates. I think it has already started - and eventually the active membership will decline in favor of a more open website like this one.

We should all start telling our neighbors more about 285bound - spread the word that this site is the better site for community discussion - you get to see what people think without the bias. It won't take long to establish this site as the best in our area.

20 Sep 2010 12:42 #95 by The Viking

BearMtnHIB wrote: Here's the deal - as many of you are pointing out- many members of the community are finding problems with the way Pinecam operates. I think it has already started - and eventually the active membership will decline in favor of a more open website like this one.

We should all start telling our neighbors more about 285bound - spread the word that this site is the better site for community discussion - you get to see what people think without the bias. It won't take long to establish this site as the best in our area.

I told many people at Brooks Tavern yesterday and will continue to. May have converted a couple pinecammers too or at least got them to check it out more.

20 Sep 2010 12:45 #96 by The Viking

Becky wrote: BearMtnHIB
Sad but true.
I know that a good deal of the opinions posted here on 285bound are not shared by the management. I have never been told that I could not post something. Just asked if I really wanted to post it. LOL
Just my opinion....but 285bound.com does seem to embody and encourage a sense of community. There is a feeling of inclusion and not exclusion here.
I am thinking that it might be time to plan another get-together for the holidays.
Any ideas?

Yes I would say a good get together begining of December. Like line up and reserve a night at a local plase and have Mountain Hollar play if they are free? And maybe we line up a large group for Caroling. Maybe retirement homes or other places where people can't get out very much and would appreciate it. In a place where we can go room to room? I know that MsMam tried to get one going last year but it was through Pinecam and never took off. Maybe we can make it work over here.

20 Sep 2010 12:56 #97 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pinecam picnic
Those are some great suggestions.
We should adopt the nursing home in Evergreen this Christmas and do some fun things for the residents there.
Caroling is always fun. We could get a big trailer full of hay and have a blast all over the place.
It would be fun to get together every quarter.
We have tons of musicians here on the site.
Some of the best out there.

20 Sep 2010 13:06 #98 by BearMtnHIB
I'm just glad that in May - someone sent me a PM over on Pinecam, and it mentioned that this site was available because that's how I found out about it. I had no idea that it even existed before that.

I think whoever was doing that should keep doing it - at least make people aware that a good alternative exists. Some of the topics we discuss are too important to have them deleted.

The funny thing is - the ones that get edited or locked or deleted are many time the most viewed subjects and it's obivious that the community is interested to read what their neighbors think.

20 Sep 2010 13:14 #99 by ColoradoXprss
Replied by ColoradoXprss on topic Pinecam picnic

The Viking wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: :Happywave: LOVE this new smiley. Ok, maybe it's not new, but it's new to me. :biggrin:

LOL, nice try at a distraction there, SG. :popcorn:

It would have worked better if they were female emoticons and anatomically correct bouncing up and down. :biggrin:

Ohhh my gosh!!! Now that there was funny Viking! :wave: :thumbsup:

20 Sep 2010 13:24 #100 by The Viking

Becky wrote: Those are some great suggestions.
We should adopt the nursing home in Evergreen this Christmas and do some fun things for the residents there.
Caroling is always fun. We could get a big trailer full of hay and have a blast all over the place.
It would be fun to get together every quarter.
We have tons of musicians here on the site.
Some of the best out there.

Our church always use to get a huge wagon and have a hay ride all over neighbothoods singing.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds