Pinecam picnic

20 Sep 2010 10:19 #81 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pinecam picnic
The more the merrier.
See you guys at 12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 10:21 #82 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pinecam picnic

Becky wrote: I can do tomorrow
Are we meeting at Brooks Tavern?

One of our fellow 285ers works the lunch there and might be there tomorrow so we can stop in and support her too.

20 Sep 2010 10:23 #83 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Pinecam picnic
Great! See you guys at Brooks Tavern tomorrow at noon. :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

20 Sep 2010 10:25 #84 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pinecam picnic
Now....that was a distraction. LOL

20 Sep 2010 10:35 #85 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Pinecam picnic
:frienddrink: :eatingsmilies: :hands: The thought of food can do that sometimes. :biggrin:

Can't wait to see you both tomorrow! :sunshine:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

20 Sep 2010 11:02 #86 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pinecam picnic

Sunshine Girl wrote: OMG!!!!!!!

My personal favorite Viking is the last one on the right on the top line. :10/10: I don't think 285 would have a problem with that one. Why don't you send them to CG and see what she thinks. :biggrin: :wink: :Whistle funnylol:

WTH? SG. That was the worst one of them all. LOL

20 Sep 2010 12:05 #87 by The Viking

Sunshine Girl wrote: :frienddrink: :eatingsmilies: :hands: The thought of food can do that sometimes. :biggrin:

Can't wait to see you both tomorrow! :sunshine:

Yes that is my excuse. I get grumpy when people keep me away from food. So that must have attributed to my mood and posts. :WWE: :Whatever: Mia culpa mia culpa.

But now being invited out for food makes me happy again.
:biggrin: :woo hoo:

20 Sep 2010 12:20 #88 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Pinecam picnic
I don't know anything about the personal disagreements between some of the members on Pinecam and those on 285bound...... But I do know this.

The greatest value that web sites like this one and Pinecam have to the community is the ability for the community to discuss important issues like tax increases - proposed changes to the fire departments - problems with the sheriff or other local government issues.

I have - time and time again - seen topics of discussion edited, or removed entirely. A perfect example of this was my last discussion on Pinecam- about the proposed Conifer Recreation District. Twice this topic has been deleted by the moderators - completely removed from the view of the community.

It's obivious that whoever is in control of the moderators does not care much that important topics are deleted - or edited - or censored.

I know it's not the policy of this board to do those things- pinecam's BOD just does it and claims the excuse that "personal insults" are the reason for deleting topics.

Some of those issues like the one mentioned above are extemely important to the community - increased taxes will eventually dictate if many of us will even be able to afford to stay here after we retire.

I know that those residents who read Pinecam can see what's going on there - I hope they will come over here to this site and we can all make this site more popular than Pinecam.

I am a member of both sites - but increasingly I find myself at odds with those who would censor our discussions about community issues, especially those as important as new tax districts. I wonder if the BOD at Pinecam are letting their political opinion affect the way the site is moderated. I have heard many people here say that their personal opinion of members affects the moderation, I'm beginning to think the whole leadership there carries a heavy bias.

I have found myself doing about 80% of my posing here at 285bound, simply because I know that everytime an importand discussion happens - it's gets butchered (or wiped out) by the Pinecam moderators.

I think we all need to make 285bound the most popular site for our community because it's a place where our opinions can REALLY be heard.

20 Sep 2010 12:24 #89 by The Viking

BearMtnHIB wrote: I don't know anything about the personal disagreements between some of the members on Pinecam and those on 285bound...... But I do know this.

The greatest value that web sites like this one and Pinecam have to the community is the ability for the community to discuss important issues like tax increases - proposed changes to the fire departments - problems with the sheriff or other local government issues.

I have - time and time again - seen topics of discussion edited, or removed entirely. A perfect example of this was my last discussion on Pinecam- about the proposed Conifer Recreation District. Twice this topic has been deleted by the moderators - completely removed from the view of the community.

It's obivious that whoever is in control of the moderators does not care much that important topics are deleted - or edited - or censored.

I know it's not the policy of this board to do those things- pinecam's BOD just does it and claims the excuse that "personal insults" are the reason for deleting topics.

Some of those issues like the one mentioned above are extemely important to the community - increased taxes will eventually dictate if many of us will even be able to afford to stay here after we retire.

I know that those residents who read Pinecam can see what's going on there - I hope they will come over here to this site and we can all make this site more popular than Pinecam.

I am a member of both sites - but increasingly I find myself at odds with those who would censor our discussions about community issues, especially those as important as new tax districts. I wonder if the BOD at Pinecam are letting their political opinion affect the way the site is moderated. I have heard many people here say that their personal opinion of members affects the moderation, I'm beginning to think the whole leadership there carries a heavy bias.

I have found myself doing about 80% of my posing here at 285bound, simply because I know that everytime an importand discussion happens - it's gets butchered (or wiped out) by the Pinecam moderators.

I think we all need to make 285bound the most popular site for our community because it's a place where our opinions can REALLY be heard.

:yeahthat: :woo hoo: :thumbsup: :9/10: :goodpost: :bravo: :Thank you :grouphug: :exactly :goodone: :Exactly: :frienddrink: :party :banana: :balloons: :cool0012: :Cheer :fwave:

20 Sep 2010 12:25 #90 by The Viking

BearMtnHIB wrote: I wonder if the BOD at Pinecam are letting their political opinion affect the way the site is moderated. I have heard many people here say that their personal opinion of members affects the moderation, I'm beginning to think the whole leadership there carries a heavy bias.

Is this a question or just stating what is obvious to most up here? :wink: :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds