Pinecam picnic

19 Sep 2010 20:51 #41 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Pinecam picnic
You're right Hoot Owl. I think the people who went there wanted to be there and the people who didn't go weren't interested. Sounds like a win-win for all. Whether you went or didn't, I hope all had a beautiful Sunday in this breathtaking place many of us are lucky to call home. :heart: :sunshine:

LOL Spykster! lol

Oh, you have no idea Doobie! :wink: :biggrin: :yeahthat:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Sep 2010 21:19 #42 by Spykster
Replied by Spykster on topic Pinecam picnic

Wayne Harrison wrote:

The Viking wrote: I think we are all still members of this community right? Or is this just an elitist club picnic now?

I believe it's a picnic for members of Pinecam. You aren't a member.

It always surprised me how few people show up for the event every year, compared to the thousands of members they have. I think the 285Bound Pot Luck that Becky hosted will hold the attendance record for years to come.

Fewer people were showing up at events over time...it's indicative of how dissatisfied the membership at large is becoming...

19 Sep 2010 21:40 - 19 Sep 2010 22:09 #43 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pinecam picnic
Agreed, but stop bringing logic and facts into this. It just confuses people!

19 Sep 2010 22:07 #44 by The Viking

Hoot Owl wrote: Yes everyone can be important in their own world, you should be important to your family,, but not necessarily important to mine, or my circle. If you read Pinecam you were invited to the picnic. If you are banned from Pinecam you were still invited to the picnic. It was a general invitation. But honestly, why would you want to associate with a club that doesn't want you? To make you feel important? Why crash their party? One upsmanship is seldom rewarding.

Exactly the reason I didn't go. I didn't want to go where I am not welcome or wanted. I had a very nice afternoon with several people from Pinecam (All liberals) :VeryScared: at Brooks Tavern today. Amazing how we all debated and discussed issues and none of us where cut off, shut up, suspended or banned and we all had a chance to talk through our differences and really realized that we are not that different. It is incredible what adults can do when they are allowed to communicate with each other. Had a great time having beer and watching the game together. Funny how they didn't feel the need to give me dirty looks or avoid me. That is what 285 bound is all about and how our community should be.

There really are some great people over at pinecam. Too bad a handful are tainting the site for many others and separating us. And too bad many of us in this community aren't wlecome there anymore. I am so glad this site is all inclusive and not a judgmental elitist site. I like the down to earth open and honest people better.

Many today didn't want to go to the picnic because they don't like the atmosphere there. I am glad we had our own impronmtu Pinecam / 285Bound get together today. Most of them are already on here or checking it out and love the atmosphere and people a lot more. So we may have a few new members soon.
:thumbsup:

And I hope everyone who went had a wonderful time with those who could go. It really was a beautiful day for it.

19 Sep 2010 22:50 #45 by The Viking
OK, changing my attitude a bit. I know the 285 picnic had around a hundred or so people filter through Becky's, after only a few months being online, and a great time was had by all. We had so many new people from our community that I got to meet and dozens that I had known from Pinecam for a long time who I met for the first time that never came out to their events.

I looked at some of the pictures and the comments about the picnic today, on how they wish more had stopped by. I actually feel sorry for them. I saw some great people in the pictures who I consider friends and have great hearts, including Coz, but it was sad to see how most of them are the same 20 or so that always get together. They just don't seem to attract any new people and they dont generate the excitement that they use to. It is sad because I remember how it use to be when Wayne owned it. We even had lunch get togethers with 20 or so people or more. I will try not to keep bringing up what they did to themselves and many of us as I really feel bad for a lot of the good people who are still over there.

It does look like those who showed up really did have a good time and I wish more would have showed up as they are still a great part of our community. I hope they can somehow regain the reputation they once had.

19 Sep 2010 23:00 #46 by Spykster
Replied by Spykster on topic Pinecam picnic

The Viking wrote: Agreed, but stop bringing logic and facts into this. It just confuses people!

:Crying:

19 Sep 2010 23:49 #47 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Pinecam picnic
I have no idea why a picnic hosted by another website is even being discussed on 285Bound.

19 Sep 2010 23:54 #48 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: I have no idea why a picnic hosted by another website is even being discussed on 285Bound.

We are all a community aren't we? We post many things on our calander that are sponsored by 285 don't we? And many on here are still on Pinecam too. So why not discuss an event happening up here?

20 Sep 2010 08:23 #49 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pinecam picnic
Have to agree with Viking on this...It was a community event and we have members at both sites here who should be allowed to talk about how much they enjoyed themselves. Not a big deal. (IMO)

20 Sep 2010 08:26 #50 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Pinecam picnic
I agree with Viking and Becky. I believe people on this site can talk about whatever they like without someone telling them they can't. Freedom of speech and all..... :wink:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds