Pinecam picnic

20 Sep 2010 08:33 #51 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Pinecam picnic
This discussion seemed more at slamming Pinecam (once again) than talking about how much they enjoyed the picnic, IMO.

Comments like

"elitist club picnic" "let them crawl around in the mud" "a wanna be country club type site" "With Pinecam, no one is really welcome anymore. Just tolerated."

...... aren't really about how they enjoyed the picnic, are they?

Sure, you can talk about whatever you want. I'm just saying some people used this thread for another Pinecam slamfest. They need to get over it and remember there ARE lots of people on here who are members of both sites.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 08:43 #52 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pinecam picnic

Wayne Harrison wrote: This discussion seemed more at slamming Pinecam (once again) than talking about how much they enjoyed the picnic, IMO.

Comments like

"elitist club picnic" "let them crawl around in the mud" "a wanna be country club type site" "With Pinecam, no one is really welcome anymore. Just tolerated."

...... aren't really about how they enjoyed the picnic, are they?

Sure, you can talk about whatever you want. I'm just saying some people used this thread for another Pinecam slamfest. They need to get over it and remember there ARE lots of people on here who are members of both sites.

I am over it. I am just pointing out the facts and I feel sorry for what has happened to that site since you gave up control. Nothing anyone said was really untrue. And you are the one who told me that I was not welcome at a community event up here because they choose who was welcome. Not a big deal. It was the same 20 people I see out on occassion anyway. I had a lot of fun with some great Pinecammers at the Tavern yesterday and I was not judged and was welcomed by all who were liberals. Some people up here still know how to do it right and how to treat people in our community is all I am saying. We all acted like adults and got along great no matter what the difference in our beliefs.

And I have said a few times that I hope they had a great time at the picnic and that they can turn around the reputaion they created for divisivness up here. I am rooting for them as there are some great people still over there. Not sure why you are getting so defensive?

20 Sep 2010 08:51 #53 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Pinecam picnic
What I said in response to your post was this:

Wayne Harrison wrote:

The Viking wrote: I think we are all still members of this community right? Or is this just an elitist club picnic now?

I believe it's a picnic for members of Pinecam. You aren't a member.

I didn't say you weren't welcome. I said you aren't a member.

I'm getting defensive because this site is a great place and I see no need to keep bringing up how sore people are at Pinecam. Comments slamming Pinecam merely serve to turn off the members and prospective members of both sites. You don't see a discussion on Pinecam slamming 285Bound or our picnic, do you?

Why not take the high road, too?

20 Sep 2010 08:53 #54 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Pinecam picnic
:Happywave: LOVE this new smiley. Ok, maybe it's not new, but it's new to me. :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

20 Sep 2010 09:01 #55 by Dilbert
Replied by Dilbert on topic Pinecam picnic

Wayne Harrison wrote: What I said in response to your post was this:

Wayne Harrison wrote:

The Viking wrote: I think we are all still members of this community right? Or is this just an elitist club picnic now?

I'm getting defensive because this site is a great place and I see no need to keep bringing up how sore people are at Pinecam. Comments slamming Pinecam merely serve to turn off the members and prospective members of both sites. You don't see a discussion on Pinecam slamming 285Bound or our picnic, do you?

Thank you Wayne. I didn't go to their picnic but I consider myself a pinecammer - I gets tired reading all this bad stuff and Wayne is right - nothing was said about how nice a picnic it was, it was all nasty stuff. There are some nice people at pinecam and some not so nice people there but the same goes here. Just look at this topic of discussion. I think I'll just go back on over to pinecam.

20 Sep 2010 09:03 #56 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Pinecam picnic

robin wrote: I hope everyone who lives up there realizes how lucky you are to even live close enough to SEE each other and enjoy each other in person rather than just behind a computer! How wonderful that would be!!

Ahhh, here's the thing. If I cannot enjoy them online, how exactly am I supposed to enjoy them in person?

There are people I would pay good money to travel across country to see, because I enjoy their company- on and offline. People in this community, both on and offline, have made it rather clear that the effort to leave the house would be wasted.

That being said - hope they had a good time, cause I don't wish a bad time on anyone. I just chose not to partake.

20 Sep 2010 09:19 #57 by The Viking

Doobie wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: What I said in response to your post was this:

Wayne Harrison wrote:

Thank you Wayne. I didn't go to their picnic but I consider myself a pinecammer - I gets tired reading all this bad stuff and Wayne is right - nothing was said about how nice a picnic it was, it was all nasty stuff. There are some nice people at pinecam and some not so nice people there but the same goes here. Just look at this topic of discussion. I think I'll just go back on over to pinecam.

rofllol How are we suppose to say how nice the picnic was when we are not welcome there? I loved being a pinecammer and I loved how we use to all be welcome and get together over there. I would have loved to have gone had I felt welcome. But I never do whenever I see most of those who were there on the street so why would I want to hang out with people who don't make a lot of us up here feel welcome?

And I guess you aren't reading all the posts. Many of us said that we hope they had a great picnic. I said that I saw many good people in the pics and I hope they can turn things around. ALl you guys read is the negative so you can attack.

And seriously, most who are posting were not really welcome there so how do you expect us to talk about how nice it was? From the pictures, it looked like they had a good time, (which I already stated and you ignored), but I am no longer welcome as a member there as are many of us on here so we cna't comment first hand. At the 285 picnic EVERYONE in our community was welcome including ALL pinecammers and all were made to feel welcome and no one that I saw was giving dirty looks and talking behind other peoples backs. That is why I love this ALL INCLUSIVE site.

To each their own as to which site they prefer and which picnic they want to attend. But many of us don't have a choice. Sure they say we can all come, but you have no idea how many of us are treated, so get off your high horse until you walked a mile in our shoes. I don't know you so I don't judge you. I am not like that and niehter is this site. It is freedom of speech to talk about how we feel and perceive things. So if you want someone to talk about how the picnic was, then ask those who were welcome and went. I miss a lot of people over there and it is too bad that a few in control make many of us feel unwelcome, not only on pinecam but when they see us out as regular people in this community. Coz, and I may butt heads and I have no idea what he thinks of me but he is one who is very nice when I see him in person. I would have loved to visit with him but many others, literally have turned and walked the other direction when they see me or give me dirty glances as they walk by. It is sad.

20 Sep 2010 09:25 #58 by The Viking

Doobie wrote: Maybe this Robin got that idea from this sentence by Viking:

I hear a lot of the behind the scenes childish talk about myself and others up here who are no longer on Pinecam.

Not sure what it means but I kinda took it the same way but maybe I said it wrong - don't know viking or if he's important or not but just meant that I don't think he's that important at Pinecam to think everbody's talking about him is all I meant.

Hope everone had a good time at the picnic - there are some nice folks over there and I don't ever see talk about here or anyone that posts here unless somebody from here goes over there - I thought they was real nice when this place was down to let the folks know - I thought they was real nice.

Yes for you and Robin, I never said on Pinecam and I never siad I was so important that people sit and talk about me. I know many friends on Pinecam and some tell me that when I am out and around people who don't like me like at the VW breakfast and several other times over the past year or so. When I leave the ones I still am friends with tell me some of the things that those few who don't like me say about me and it isn't nice. And many of those are ones who were at this picnic. SO why would I want to go and give them another chance to gossip about me. It is childish and sad that I can't go see friends of mine because there are a handful of people up here who have a lot of control over there that don't really want me around.

20 Sep 2010 09:26 #59 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pinecam picnic

Sunshine Girl wrote: :Happywave: LOVE this new smiley. Ok, maybe it's not new, but it's new to me. :biggrin:

LOL, nice try at a distraction there, SG. :popcorn:

20 Sep 2010 09:29 #60 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pinecam picnic
Actually...with all due respect....Wayne's statements are not true.
There have been several negative references to 285bound's picnic albeit careful ones.

I'm getting defensive because this site is a great place and I see no need to keep bringing up how sore people are at Pinecam.

You are right. This is a great site.
I am just a little confused by your slap down of Viking when I can do a search of your nic and Pinecam and come up with 6 pages of not so nice things to say.
It is not my desire to start a war over this or see pm's flying to the management over my behavior but I don't care for hypocrisy from anyone. I also dislike revisionist history lessons.

Glass houses are pretty transparent.

Very good question.

Many of us already did.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds