Pinecam picnic

20 Sep 2010 21:19 #161 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pinecam picnic

Willy wrote:

Wily Weasel wrote: the founder was Wayne and he's over here

Thanks, I was trying to not use personal information :) I know of Wayne :)

Glad to know you try once in a while even if this time it wasn't warranted. LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 22:05 #162 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Pinecam picnic
We'd like to make it for lunch tomorrow. Have been wanting to try the new place!

But it's very iffy right now. Freebird's got major phone conferences, and I have a big day for our basement finish job. Finally got the frame approved by the inspector today and just have one day to put the insulation in before the sheet rock guy shows up on Wed. I'm thinking of a possible run to Home Depot to get more insulation, but can probably get it here if not too expensive.

We probably will go for lunch. Just not sure if we can make it at noon. Last minute decision based on circumstances. Hope we can make it! If not, maybe next time... :party

20 Sep 2010 22:34 #163 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Pinecam picnic
It would be lovely to meet you pine! If you can't make it tomorrow, I'm sure more opportunities will arise, but we can save 2 extra seats for latecomers. Best of luck on the remodel - they are a lot of work.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Sep 2010 07:08 #164 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Pinecam picnic
I really hope you both can make it. Like SC said, we'll make sure to have a few extra seats just in case. It will be good to see you both again! :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

21 Sep 2010 07:12 #165 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Pinecam picnic

Many sites have come & gone and PC is still there. While I disagree with their methods their formula works and when there is a major event along 285 the whole community is on PC. Hats off to those at PC that I disagree with for their success over the years.

And with all due respect Willy, I am going to stay right here if something happens in this community and get that information from the very folks who originated it.
The Boulder Fire threads are an outstanding example of the professionalism of the team of folks right here on this website.
I will take experience any day.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=105 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=105<!-- l -->

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=46 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=46<!-- l -->

21 Sep 2010 11:56 #166 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Pinecam picnic

The Viking wrote:

Sunshine Girl wrote: I think you've lost you're mind there Viking. lol Cocco Puffs?????? Silly boy!

Anyways, I like the idea of Becky's for another get together. Our whole family went to a retirement home in Evergreen last year and sang Christmas songs to them on Christmas Day. I called ahead and got a list of everyone's names so we were able to give each one of them a card. Franz and Tanner cut down small trees and the girls and I decorated them with home-made Christmas cookies and ornaments. We had a blast! Franz even sang a few songs in German and I think one it Latin too. He even made his MOST AMAZING Kruffen for the residents. We had these at our Christmas party and they are Heaven! We're on board for this - what a great idea!

How about this? We get a very large trailer and make it a 285Bound hayride type float with dozens of us on it driving up and down the streets singing Christmas Carols.

Christmas parade in Aspen Park - it's end of November/beginning of December - see what it takes to put a float in.

21 Sep 2010 14:18 #167 by CC
Great idea LH. We actually talked about that at lunch today.
We had a wonderful lunch with some great friends today.
I had mini kabobs. We all sat outside and enjoyed this beautiful day.

21 Sep 2010 16:13 #168 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Pinecam picnic
Sorry we couldn't join you all for lunch. We weren't free until around 1pm today.

How's the food there? I'm still hoping to give them a try soon!

21 Sep 2010 16:21 #169 by CC
We were sorry to miss you guys. We will have to shoot for another lunch date next week.

21 Sep 2010 16:23 #170 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Pinecam picnic
We were there way past 1. :Whistle Service was quite slow, but, there was only one waitress. The chicken kabobs were ok. The chicken was not overcooked, but they were somewhat bland considering they were supposed to be marinated.

I think they have lots of kinks to work out.

We didn't talk about you too much.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds