Lunch Bound

04 May 2011 12:46 #261 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Lunch Bound
Bad month - working, working on stuff for my online shop, two graduations in the family on two different weekends, people coming to stay in my house for one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2011 20:55 #262 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Lunch Bound
Lunch next week!

Thursday the 26th, noon, either at Raven's or Brooks, so's we ken ha' beer! :biggrin: Someone else gets to pick where, since I picked today's location...

So far, we've got the archer's, Rockdoc, SG, Joe, TPP, neptune, and me! I'm sure we can wrangle jmc to grace us with his presence; who else is up for some fun?! tongue:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 May 2011 20:59 #263 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Lunch Bound
we have never been to ether so it is all the same to us.

18 May 2011 22:31 #264 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Lunch Bound

neptunechimney wrote: we have never been to ether so it is all the same to us.

ditto

18 May 2011 23:24 #265 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic Lunch Bound
Sorry Freebird and I missed today's lunch. We hoped to make it, but her work has been bad lately and she had less than an hour for lunch today so we couldn't do the 2 hr lunch. But darn, sounds like we missed a lot of fun! :biggrin:

We'll see about next week, and either place is fine. One heads up, if the lunch is at Brooks Tavern, you can get a $10, $25, $50 off discount coupon from restaurant.com. And they always have discounts on the standard coupon rates. We'll see what the discount is next week. We were there a week ago and got the $10 coupon for $0.50 (90% off) which they accepted. Had a great pastrami sandwich there (a special, yummy)!

Hope we can make it!

19 May 2011 00:33 #266 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Lunch Bound

pineinthegrass wrote: Sorry Freebird and I missed today's lunch. We hoped to make it, but her work has been bad lately and she had less than an hour for lunch today so we couldn't do the 2 hr lunch. But darn, sounds like we missed a lot of fun! :biggrin:

We'll see about next week, and either place is fine. One heads up, if the lunch is at Brooks Tavern, you can get a $10, $25, $50 off discount coupon from restaurant.com. And they always have discounts on the standard coupon rates. We'll see what the discount is next week. We were there a week ago and got the $10 coupon for $0.50 (90% off) which they accepted. Had a great pastrami sandwich there (a special, yummy)!

Hope we can make it!

I have a bunch of these coupons if anyone would like one. The only downside is that you can only use one per table (unless we get special permission from the owner). If they say yes I would be more than happy to bring some extras with me for anyone that would like one. I don't want to not have Brooks Tavern make a profit though so maybe PITG can be the one that uses his.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 May 2011 06:57 - 19 May 2011 07:02 #267 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Lunch Bound
Brooks?
Edited have found Raven's lacking at lunch time, Been to Brooke's once a bit loud but we're louder!!!

19 May 2011 07:01 #268 by TPP
Wait we'll (well some of us will not be here), so I guess, if I'm here I'll go... End of the World is the 21st isn't it? Damn knew I should have taken 2 weeks off...

19 May 2011 08:20 #269 by TPP
Add Outdoor338 as a maybe...

23 May 2011 14:27 #270 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Lunch Bound
Reminder: Lunch this Thursday, noon, at Brooks Tavern. Let's get some more coming and turn this into a party! I'll be bringing my daughter too - she gets out of school on Wednesday. :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds