× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

04 Oct 2011 08:54 #91 by The Viking
Final standings after week 4. Still plenty of time to win this for anyone!

JMC 2-0-1 (9-2-1)
The Viking 2-1 (8-4)
RenegadeCJ 2-1 (7-5)
TPP 1-1-1 (6-5-1)
Joe 2-1 (6-6)
Cinnamon Girl 2-1 (5-7)
Pacamom 2-1 (5-7)
Science Chic 2-1 (5-7)
Hoot Owl 1-2 (3-9)
Grand Larceny 0-3 (3-9)
Vice Lord 0-3 (2-10)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2011 09:33 #92 by TPP
Little confused about "tie", but...
I have a feeling that the donkeys will go into they're bye week with a VERY close win, BUT NONE THE LESS I MUST GO WITH MY BOLTS!!!!
Oakland has been a surprise and I think that the fight for 1st place in the WEST all year will be between Oakland & MY BOLTS!
Buffalo another surprise, staying healthy will be there downfall, But I'll Stick with them until that time...
SO PICKS FOR WEEK 5
SAN DIEGO
OAKLAND
BUFFALO

05 Oct 2011 09:44 #93 by The Viking

TPP wrote: Little confused about "tie", but...
I have a feeling that the donkeys will go into they're bye week with a VERY close win, BUT NONE THE LESS I MUST GO WITH MY BOLTS!!!!
Oakland has been a surprise and I think that the fight for 1st place in the WEST all year will be between Oakland & MY BOLTS!
Buffalo another surprise, staying healthy will be there downfall, But I'll Stick with them until that time...
SO PICKS FOR WEEK 5
SAN DIEGO
OAKLAND
BUFFALO

The spread on the San Diego game that we were using was -10 and they won by 10 so neither team covered the spread. With a bookie it is a push and no one loses any money. Unless you still have to pay him a percentage just for the bet. On here it is just a tie. I think I had 4 last year? I am surprised there are not more already.

And that brings up a good point. What if two people have for example 45 wins but one has 15 loses and the other has 14 loses and 1 tie. We need to decide now. Do we go by the Wins only and have a tie breaker with a score on the Superbowl or does the one with less losses get the win?

05 Oct 2011 10:51 #94 by TPP

05 Oct 2011 16:45 #95 by LOL
Most wins regular season and playoffs, and Super Bowl is the tie breaker if necessary? Sounds ok to me.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Oct 2011 18:41 #96 by Hoot Owl
When will you post the spreads we are using? I need to really start studying, or just go with mascots. Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!
Worked for someone last weekend!

05 Oct 2011 19:49 #97 by LOL
Hoot - just go here anytime, bookmark it! Its the second column that says "open" I think this is the reference we are using and the open should never change.

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Oct 2011 20:25 #98 by Hoot Owl

Joe wrote: Hoot - just go here anytime, bookmark it! Its the second column that says "open" I think this is the reference we are using and the open should never change.

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

ThanksI need to employ some outsiders. I suck at this.

05 Oct 2011 20:46 - 06 Oct 2011 08:22 #99 by LOL
Hoot, I am no expert at this either, but from what I see so far in the first 4 weeks, it seems best to pick the strongest teams like GB, NE, Baltimore, Houston, NO, and Detroit. Those all have won 3/4 times with the highest actual score differential.

The losers so far (with the spread) are St Louis, Jacksonville, and San Diego with no wins/covers.

I also was surprised to see that the home team advantage is not a big plus (with the spread). By my tally, Home teams have won 27/64 so far, less than 50%
Good luck! :)

Disclaimer- these are just observations looking backward, no money-back guarantees! :)

05 Oct 2011 20:53 #100 by pacamom

Hoot Owl wrote: When will you post the spreads we are using? I need to really start studying, or just go with mascots. Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!
Worked for someone last weekend!

We need a team with flying monkies.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds