× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Why Tim Tebow and The Denver Broncos Will Shock Patriots

14 Dec 2011 04:42 #21 by Rockdoc
The chance of loss is certainly there if we do not score consistently and manage to abort some NE drives. A key element will be to keep the game close and to score on the first drive of the game. I expect the game will be entertaining and that if we do beat NE, all Tebow critics will quickly point out how NE defense is so poor, etc, etc, That Denver would never be able to do that against a quality defense, willfully forgetting that the NY Jets and Chicago defenses are not exactly poor ones.

I think it will be important for Denver to sprinkle in pass plays, especially some that stretch the defense. Tim is good at those and sideline throws. Anything that keeps the chains moving will help.

If we lose and play well, no problem. I have lots of respect for NE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2011 06:54 #22 by CC
I pick the Broncos by a field goal.
Go Prater, Go Prater.

14 Dec 2011 07:31 #23 by Rockdoc
Becky, I for one hope you are spot on. He is quite the young man. I can hardly wait to see this game unfold.

14 Dec 2011 09:15 #24 by Rick

Becky wrote: I pick the Broncos by a field goal.
Go Prater, Go Prater.

:like: Prater is great under pressure...perfect match with Tewbow and the last minute comebacks. I do hope he gets easier kicks than 59 yds though.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Dec 2011 21:13 #25 by Rockdoc
What I look forward to is a game when Tebow will take a knee in the 4th.

14 Dec 2011 21:18 #26 by The Viking

Rockdoc Franz wrote: What I look forward to is a game when Tebow will take a knee in the 4th.

LOL. So now that you say that, do you think it would be wrong of him to do the Tebow when taking the last knee of the game? The crowd would go insane! That would be a front page picture everywhere! And I don't think it would be disrespectful. Do you?

14 Dec 2011 21:30 #27 by archer
I don't think he would do that Viking. Tim is a professional He knows what is appropriate in the field and what is not.

14 Dec 2011 21:35 #28 by otisptoadwater
I have been streaming KOA while I travel this week and listened in on this evening's Dave Logan show, it seems that Dave Logan and Dave Krieger agree with the majority of us in this thread. The Broncos can win this game but it will all depend on how the Patriots offense and defense perform. If the Tebow/Decker or Tebow/Thomas long bomb can be perfected in the upcoming game it may turn out to be a fairly high scoring game.

As much as I love football and games that go into over time I have to admit I think I may need to buy a defibrillator to finish up this season! I have developed a love/hate relationship with this season's Broncos, I hate them through most of the recent games and cuss them for every botched play. Somehow, some way the same team manages to come together and put points on the scoreboard in the last minutes and even seconds of the game and I have to admit I love those final moments every time a win is added to the Broncos standings.

I'll post the injury report on Friday and from there we will have to wait and see what happens on Sunday afternoon.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Dec 2011 21:37 #29 by Rockdoc

The Viking wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: What I look forward to is a game when Tebow will take a knee in the 4th.

LOL. So now that you say that, do you think it would be wrong of him to do the Tebow when taking the last knee of the game? The crowd would go insane! That would be a front page picture everywhere! And I don't think it would be disrespectful. Do you?

LOL Oh man, I totally lost focus on the Tebow thing and only was thinking of running out the remaining time. Too funny. All you say is right about that situation. No I too would not think it inappropriate and it certainly would be front page news. LOL But I agree with Archer. I do not think he would strike "the pose" at the end of the game.

14 Dec 2011 21:48 #30 by Rockdoc

otisptoadwater wrote: I have been streaming KOA while I travel this week and listened in on this evening's Dave Logan show, it seems that Dave Logan and Dave Krieger agree with the majority of us in this thread. The Broncos can win this game but it will all depend on how the Patriots offense and defense perform. If the Tebow/Decker or Tebow/Thomas long bomb can be perfected in the upcoming game it may turn out to be a fairly high scoring game.

As much as I love football and games that go into over time I have to admit I think I may need to buy a defibrillator to finish up this season! I have developed a love/hate relationship with this season's Broncos, I hate them through most of the recent games and cuss them for every botched play. Somehow, some way the same team manages to come together and put points on the scoreboard in the last minutes and even seconds of the game and I have to admit I love those final moments every time a win is added to the Broncos standings.

I'll post the injury report on Friday and from there we will have to wait and see what happens on Sunday afternoon.

Agreed. I do think that a few long ones are in store for the Broncos. I also have this feeling that it will be a much higher scoring game than many imagine possible from the Bronco's history of scoring. We've done it in the past when opportunity presented itself and will do it this game. Key will be our running game. The longer we eat NE up with the run (and a score), the better our chances of wining. I could see a quick strike on the opening drive.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds