× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Why Tim Tebow and The Denver Broncos Will Shock Patriots

14 Dec 2011 21:51 #31 by ScienceChic
I hate to be a partypooper, as I'm slowly warming to Tebow, but I think the Pats are gonna win this one by at least a touchdown. Just a gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong about that though, it would be awesome to see them win out and make it to the playoffs!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2011 21:57 #32 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: I hate to be a partypooper, as I'm slowly warming to Tebow, but I think the Pats are gonna win this one by at least a touchdown. Just a gut feeling. I hope I'm wrong about that though, it would be awesome to see them win out and make it to the playoffs!

They are practically in the playoffs already. Even if we only win one, Oakland would have to win all 3 to beat us as we have the tie breaker over them so 2 wins for Oakland would be a tie and we win. We will host Pitt or Baltimore in the first round.

14 Dec 2011 22:00 #33 by Rockdoc
No partypooper. That is just your opinion, as it is mine that we win outright by no more than a point or two. I want to see Tim go back to mistake free football and our defense unsettling Tom Terrific. I've long been a NE fan mainly because Tom is a Michigan man, but I want this one bad considering perspective of Nay sayers.

14 Dec 2011 22:15 #34 by otisptoadwater
Opinions and speculation are a big part of what makes football fun to watch! I have to admit I'm riding the fence on this game, it could go either way depending on some key plays and which team is able to make the most of their possession of the pigskin. Balance that remark against the fact that I had all but paid up on a bet last Sunday with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

For what is left of this season I think we all have to sit and watch each game as it unfolds, there are too many variables and it seems to me that anything can happen (and it has for the last couple of games). Hopefully none of us have a heart attack in the last couple minutes of each game!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Dec 2011 22:25 #35 by Rockdoc

otisptoadwater wrote: Opinions and speculation are a big part of what makes football fun to watch! I have to admit I'm riding the fence on this game, it could go either way depending on some key plays and which team is able to make the most of their possession of the pigskin. Balance that remark against the fact that I had all but paid up on a bet last Sunday with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

For what is left of this season I think we all have to sit and watch each game as it unfolds, there are too many variables and it seems to me that anything can happen (and it has for the last couple of games). Hopefully none of us have a heart attack in the last couple minutes of each game!

LOL. I'm with you on the last game. No way did I expect that we would win the game with so little time remaining. As for the NE game, I also understand your position and have voiced that as well. If NE had a sound defense, I'd bet against Denver, but with +7, not only do I think the Broncos cover the spread, but am hopeful that they are able to exploit NE defensive woes.

14 Dec 2011 23:45 #36 by ScienceChic

Rockdoc Franz wrote: No partypooper. That is just your opinion, as it is mine that we win outright by no more than a point or two. I want to see Tim go back to mistake free football and our defense unsettling Tom Terrific. I've long been a NE fan mainly because Tom is a Michigan man, but I want this one bad considering perspective of Nay sayers.

Hmmm, yes, that Michigan thing...it's why we will always be mortal enemies! :BodyBuild: :protest: :biggrin: lol tongue:

http://ryansimmons.net/michifun/uofmich.html

Do you know why the Michigan-Ohio State game was almost cancelled this year?
Because Michigan couldn't get past Toledo.

How many University of Michigan students does it take to change a light bulb?
Two. One to do it and another one to claim they did it just as well as any Ivy League school.

[youtube:3sdti1lo]
[/youtube:3sdti1lo]

:biggrin: :wave:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Dec 2011 04:13 #37 by CinnamonGirl

15 Dec 2011 05:17 #38 by LOL
I have to be a party pooper too. Patriots 31-20

I just don't see the Broncos offense scoring fast enough to keep up.

Its good to see the optimism here though and I hope they win. GO Broncos!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Dec 2011 05:50 #39 by Rockdoc
Oh ye of little faith! LOL

15 Dec 2011 06:03 #40 by LOL
Well, if the Broncos win, VL said he was leaving for good! You wouldn't want that to happen would you?
LOL :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds