× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

09 Sep 2010 07:35 #21 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
VL, if you don't come up with 3 NFL does someone else want to? Let's do 3 NFL and 3 college.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Sep 2010 09:51 #22 by ScienceChic
I'm out - I completely suck at calling winners or over/unders. I can analyze an individual players strengths and weaknesses versus the strengths and weaknesses of the person likely defending them and do pretty well, but team dynamics is a whole 'nother level of chaos, plus intangible factors like crowd support, weather, who partied too hard, whether the coaches did their homework and are calling the right plays, etc... It's why the games are played - cuz ya never know how it'll turn out! Look at my Bengals - for over a decade they would win only a few games a season and it was always against the best teams they played - they'd show up for a worthy opponent who totally outclassed them, those teams would expect an easy win, and Bam! we'd beat em. Then lose to the Browns the following week. I know there are people who are good at this kind of thing tho and more power to 'em! I'm just happy it's football season!!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Sep 2010 15:14 - 09 Sep 2010 15:16 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

Science Chic wrote: I'm out -

This is gonna be the easiest $200 I ever made- My mere presence is intimidating potential competitors...

09 Sep 2010 15:15 #24 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: VL, if you don't come up with 3 NFL does someone else want to? Let's do 3 NFL and 3 college.

Ok.

09 Sep 2010 15:18 #25 by JMC

Vice Lord wrote:

This is gonna be the easiest $200 I ever made- My mere presence is intimidating potential competitors...

You are on dickweed. We are better than you think. Post your damn picks will ya!

09 Sep 2010 15:40 #26 by UNDER MODERATION
Friday 8:03 AM MST

09 Sep 2010 15:41 #27 by JMC

Vice Lord wrote: Friday 8:03 AM MST

Baited breath

09 Sep 2010 15:51 #28 by UNDER MODERATION
Thats when my newsletter (8:00am MST) goes out and I can't scoop that here...

09 Sep 2010 15:52 #29 by JMC
By no means scoop it. That would not be right.

09 Sep 2010 18:54 #30 by ScienceChic

Vice Lord wrote:

rofllol rofllol Dream on Baby!

I'll show you intimidating - I still got my whip from the 285 picnic! :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds