× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

11 Sep 2010 19:28 #51 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

RenegadeCJ wrote: So are we just supposed to pick 3 of what VL picks, or do we each pick our own winners?

Its real simple- Pick any 3 games and whomever has the most wins after the Super Bowl gets the cash...Mods-I'll settle for $100 now and we can call the whole thing off? Thats a $100 savings to you? These guys are not gonna beat me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Sep 2010 19:30 #52 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

The Viking wrote: I will pick my NFL picks later. I have a few college against the spread picks though.

First is my upset pick. I love Oklahoma and hope I am wrong here, but I think the Florida Offense will cover the spread of 7 points and possibly beat OK.

Second, #2 ranked OSU will cover the spread of 9 pts against #12 ranked Miami. OSU never wins big in the big games but I think they will cover the spread becuase of their much stronger running game and strong defense.

Third and this is kind of a weak one but I think Idaho will cover the 28 pt spread against #6 Nebraska. Both have strong offenses and NE won't win by over 4 TD's.

I never pick college but I thought I would go out on a limb with these 3 picks. I could totally stink at this and go 0-3 but I though I would give it a shot.

The only game I had today was San Jose St +38 points vs Wisconsin..Cha Ching!

My kid likes Stanford tonight, I think they are -6? Not sure-

11 Sep 2010 19:55 #53 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

The Viking wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: Straight up..... I pick Washington over Dallas, KC over SD, Denver over Jacksonville.

Shanny should win in his first game. SD does not have LT, and I am a Denver native. Those are my reasons. LOL :football: :smiledance:

Ouch! Picking with the heart will get you a 1-2 start. SD, Dall and Denver. But those aren't my picks.

I think I will go with San Diego, Tennessee and NYG.

Listen, I do not pick teams until games 3 or 4. You cannot go by pre season.

11 Sep 2010 22:44 #54 by RenegadeCJ
Gotta go with Denver the first game....Yeah, my homer heart can kill me!

Broncos
Giants
49rs

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

11 Sep 2010 23:19 #55 by CinnamonGirl
RenegadeCJ. I know. I know.

Really though, I still do not think the Broncos are going to be under 8 wins this year. I just don't believe that. Our corners are doing well. Bailey is still the best. We still have Dawkins and just losing Dumerville is not going to end the season. Knowshon is coming back and get rid of Orton and we will do well. You heard it here first, they are going at least 10-6 this year. I still believe Orton will be out by mid season. And Tebow just might be in there. The new trend is to use rookies. . And they do well. Rothlesburger comes to mind. And even Cutler played some his first year behind Plummer. You cannot tell who is going to do well til game 3 or 4. I think most of the whining about the Broncos is because of MCD.

12 Sep 2010 11:00 #56 by The Viking
OK, official 3 picks for me for today. San Diego, San Fransisco, and Tennnessee. Done

12 Sep 2010 11:01 #57 by The Viking

The Viking wrote: OK, official 3 picks for me for today. San Diego, San Fransisco, and Tennnessee. Done

Had to change the Giants so I didn't have the same picks as VL.

12 Sep 2010 11:01 #58 by CinnamonGirl
Boy, you made that just under the wire. LOL

12 Sep 2010 11:35 #59 by The Viking
Dal, NYJ, Mia, Det, Den, NYG, NE, Cle, Ind, StL, GB Atl

Just for fun

12 Sep 2010 11:52 #60 by CinnamonGirl
Ind is down 12?

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds