“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10, ESV
When you face unfair difficulties, the enemy will not just try to hinder your destiny, he’ll try to steal your identity. He’ll try to deceive you into letting your environment—how people treat you, disappointments, delays—dictate who you are. If they cause you to see yourself as limited, not valuable, unworthy, that will keep you from your purpose. He’s not after your possessions; he’s after your identity. If he can control how you see yourself, he’ll limit your future. When you’re in a negative environment, don’t let the environment get in you. You’re not defined by your environment.
Sometimes God leads us into difficulties, allowing bad breaks or people to do us wrong. You know that God has a great dream for your life, but how you see yourself will determine whether you stay in the difficulty or come out better. Don’t take on a victim mentality and let it change your identity. God is going to use it to move you into greater levels of your destiny. You are a victor, an overcomer, more than a conqueror. You can do all things through Christ.
A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You that when the enemy comes trying to steal my identity with doubts and fears, I can resist him, firm in the faith. Thank You that he does not have any power over me or who I am. I declare that I will not be intimidated into backing down, and I will overcome the lies. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, or if you need a word of encouragement, and with your permission, Mike will pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests: last names must be withheld due to privacy concerns; no gossip or slander of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878
“The Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy.” Acts 20:23–24, NKJV
The apostle Paul was very aware of the troubles and imprisonments that were in front of him. But he also knew that real victory is not when God does everything you like. Real victory is not when God changes all your negative circumstances and fixes all the people who get on your nerves. Real victory is when all that happens, but it doesn’t bother you anymore. You’ve grown to the point where you don’t have to have all that to be happy. You’re content while God is working right where you are, knowing that He’s given you grace, not just for the good times, but grace for the tribulations. When there’s pressure, when people betray your trust, when doors won’t open, your attitude is: “I’m going to keep running my race with joy despite what’s coming against me. Yes, there’s a lot of pressure, but I’m still going to give God praise. I’m on a road that I didn’t choose, but God is ordering my steps. I will not let what I want to get in the way of where God is taking me.”
A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You that I don’t have to be moved by the tests and troubles I face because I know that You are still on the throne. My faith and trust are in You and Your mighty power at work in my life right here and now. Help me to walk in real victory and to finish my race with joy. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, or if you need a word of encouragement, and with your permission, Mike will pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests: last names must be withheld due to privacy concerns; no gossip or slander of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878
“The LORD will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.” Deuteronomy 28:7, NKJV
Today you need to pay close attention to what you’re thinking about. Do you realize that you are drawing in what you’re constantly dwelling on? Your thoughts are running your life. Is what you’re thinking about what you want? If you are thinking weak, defeated, “I can’t do it” thoughts, you’re going to feel overwhelmed and get stuck where you are. But if you are thinking power thoughts, such as, “I am well able to defeat whatever comes against me. God is fighting my battles. God parted the Red Sea, closed the mouths of lions, and brought the dead back to life. No obstacle is a match for Him. Something good is in my future,” that is what you get.
God says that He will never let you face anything you can’t handle. He will always give you the grace, the strength, and the faith to defeat the difficulties and enemies that come your way. If you stand firm, they will flee. When you believe, all things are possible. Get your thoughts going the right direction.
A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You that I can take control of my thought life and stop allowing negative thoughts to enter and play over and over. Help me to clear out all the weak, negative thoughts and dwell on what You have to say about me. I will think power thoughts. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, or if you need a word of encouragement, and with your permission, Mike will pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests: last names must be withheld due to privacy concerns; no gossip or slander of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878
You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. Deuteronomy 28:6, NIV
If you follow the life of Joseph in the Scripture, you can see that the blessing of God was on him, and nothing could take it away. His brothers threw him in a pit to die, but the blessing caused the brothers to change their minds and sell Joseph to slave traders. The blessing caused Joseph to excel as a slave in Potiphar’s household, but a lie sent him to prison. The blessing helped him to not be bitter and keep doing his best. After thirteen years of hardship, the blessing elevated Joseph out of the prison and into being the prime minister of Egypt. The blessing was with him wherever he went and in whatever he did, and it sustained him and caused him to rise to the top.
People may do you wrong and put you at a disadvantage, but nothing that happens to you can take God’s blessing. Wherever you are, the blessing is there. Keep doing the right thing, and God will turn everything that was meant for your harm to your advantage. The blessing will always override the curse.
A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You that Your blessing is upon me in all my comings and goings and moving me toward Your purpose. Thank You that Your blessing is going to sustain me through every difficulty and turn anything that is meant for my harm into my advantage. I believe I am blessed. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer, or if you need a word of encouragement, and with your permission, Mike will pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your requests. Guidelines for all prayer requests: last names must be withheld due to privacy concerns; no gossip or slander of people you want prayer for. If you have immediate prayer needs, you can call Mike at 303.880.9878