Demoted Park County Deputy in trouble before-9NEWS

19 Apr 2011 13:09 #11 by 2wlady
I sure didn't drink around any cops when I was underage.

Why did this person feel Ok about drinking at a cop's house? Why did the cop feel OK about having an underage kid at an adult party where alcohol was served?

Was the parent there? did anyone see anything about that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2011 13:14 #12 by youngfogey

Vice Lord wrote: I'm worried about police brutality, the manufacturing of evidence, and giving out too many speeding tickets, not about this kind of thing, but yes, youre right, transparency is always good.

All valid concerns. This incident, however different it looks on the surface, is symptomatic of the same mentality involved in your concerns. It is the attitude that certain people don't have to abide by their own rules or the rules they try to force on others. It's the attitude that rules are made for other people, not the elite that have the power.

19 Apr 2011 13:18 #13 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Demoted Park County Deputy in trouble before-9NEWS

youngfogey wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: I'm worried about police brutality, the manufacturing of evidence, and giving out too many speeding tickets, not about this kind of thing, but yes, youre right, transparency is always good.

All valid concerns. This incident, however different it looks on the surface, is symptomatic of the same mentality involved in your concerns. It is the attitude that certain people don't have to abide by their own rules or the rules they try to force on others. It's the attitude that rules are made for other people, not the elite that have the power.

Understood, and i'm with ya

19 Apr 2011 14:00 #14 by youngfogey

2wlady wrote: I sure didn't drink around any cops when I was underage.

Why did this person feel Ok about drinking at a cop's house? Why did the cop feel OK about having an underage kid at an adult party where alcohol was served?

Was the parent there? did anyone see anything about that?

All good questions. I think that's part of the attitude and big picture that people are concerned about. Crime or no crime, it's an alternate reality shared by narcissists with authority. I read that the parents were ok with it. The minor was also not charged with the crime of underage drinking, it looks like. Was he or she charged and I missed it? That could get expensive for the parents and also interfere with college admissions or future jobs, perhaps, if there were criminal charges against the minor. But, I didn't see any, so maybe it was all small potatoes and the big mistake was trying to cover it up. It got Nixon. :wink:

19 Apr 2011 14:13 #15 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Demoted Park County Deputy in trouble before-9NEWS
Its perfectly legal to serve a minor alcahol in a private residence with the parents consent.

19 Apr 2011 14:26 #16 by youngfogey

Vice Lord wrote: Its perfectly legal to serve a minor alcahol in a private residence with the parents consent.

No argument with that. The DA agrees with you. I think the question is whether the parents knew about it in advance and gave their consent before the drinking, or whether they decided, in retrospect, that it was in their best interests to give their consent after the fact.

19 Apr 2011 14:38 #17 by CC
Actually.....Cindy Hardey volunteered that the parent (Mom) was ok with it. We don't know if that is true at all. I believe I read in the Flume article that the parents could not be reached for comment.

19 Apr 2011 14:54 #18 by youngfogey
Of course the parent(s) won't comment to the paper. The name of the minor was being kept quiet. If they had commented, all that goes out the window. The parent(s) only needed to communicate with investigating officers and the DA. The DA's determination indicates that the parents gave consent at some point.

19 Apr 2011 15:59 #19 by CC
Here is a little follow up to the previous story.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article ... department

19 Apr 2011 16:08 #20 by CC
So.....do you suppose that Sheriff Wegener can't count to 3?

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds