Demoted Park County Deputy in trouble before-9NEWS

22 Apr 2011 13:30 #41 by youngfogey
I meant that the admin changed the name to stars, but I didn't know who changed it. Then it seemed the admin or owner got mad at me for undoing their change. But I didn't know when I did it that it was the admin/owner. They didn't put an edit note on the post.

Can we go on now? Becky broke the rules, you guys fixed it this time, nothing more I can do about it but try to be logical.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2011 14:07 #42 by CC
geeeez....what a bunch of whiney babies.
Just for the record......I did receive a pm from the admins asking me to please not break the rules. I did not see it and go change my posts before they did so on my behalf.
I was wrong to use a name in the post. It was a rhetorical question and not a real one. Just a JOKE....much like our Sheriff's Dept or more especially, the person named in the two threads.
Perhaps the admins don't feel a need to place me in Q because I am capable of taking responsibility for my actions both privately and publicly *sswipe.

22 Apr 2011 14:48 #43 by youngfogey

Becky wrote: geeeez....what a bunch of whiney babies.
Just for the record......I did receive a pm from the admins asking me to please not break the rules. I did not see it and go change my posts before they did so on my behalf.
I was wrong to use a name in the post. It was a rhetorical question and not a real one. Just a JOKE....much like our Sheriff's Dept or more especially, the person named in the two threads.
Perhaps the admins don't feel a need to place me in Q because I am capable of taking responsibility for my actions both privately and publicly *sswipe.

Finally! An apology! :faint: Lefthanded, but that's what you get from insecure people.

We learned the whineybaby-report-everybody mentality from sensitive little you. You're a role-model *sswipe, dontcha know? You just prove my point.

22 Apr 2011 16:09 #44 by 2wlady
:hijacked:

Now, back on topic.

On the one hand, the parents say it was OK for their daughter to be drinking at a deputy's house. On the other hand, the deputy says he didn't know the girl was drinking. And no other officers who were attending noticed it either? Trained-to-be-observant officers? Sounds pretty fishy.

I say again, what was this girl doing at an adult party with several law enforcement officers and others?

22 Apr 2011 17:48 #45 by jf1acai
Drinking.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Apr 2011 20:23 #46 by youngfogey

2wlady wrote: On the one hand, the parents say it was OK for their daughter to be drinking at a deputy's house. On the other hand, the deputy says he didn't know the girl was drinking. And no other officers who were attending noticed it either? Trained-to-be-observant officers? Sounds pretty fishy.

Great logical question. Goes back to the possibility that the parents gave their "approval" after the fact when it was suggested that their child could be charged with a crime if she did not have permission to drink. Obviously, deputies should have better judgment than to have a teenager drinking in their homes and then trying to hide it. Which begs the next question - if the girl had the knowledge and permission of the parents and deputies, why did they try to hide it?

So many questions.... so little transparency. Maybe they aren't qualified to give out DUI tickets on the street.

25 Apr 2011 09:34 #47 by ComputerBreath
I'm not sure the parents knew their child was planning on drinking that night. And, their child was in the custody of "family friends" who were the ones invited to the party...since they had the child with them, they took her. As an adult...not a smart idea. As a law enforcement officer, again, not a smart idea to allow the child to remain at the party.

It seems that no one saw anything...no one knows anything, except the child was intoxicated...and no one is taking any responsibility for anything.

Technically, no laws were broken as Colorado law allows an underage individual to drink at a private residence with the parents' permission; however, this is a huge red flag to me in questioning all the law enforcement officers' integrity. And when choosing the profession of law enforcement officer, integrity is paramount... Doing the right thing all the time, even when no one is looking.

IMO, each and every single one of these officers that was at the party, has some responsibilty for what happened.

25 Apr 2011 11:04 - 25 Apr 2011 11:07 #48 by CC
Actually....who said the parents were ok with the minor drinking?

All I saw in the report is that Cindy Hardey said that the Mom was ok with it.
Where does it say that someone actually talked to the parents of this girl?

I thought that the report said the "investigator" had not yet reached the parents for comment.

So how do they know this was legal?

"I have been unable to determine if in fact either [name redacted] or the parents of [name redacted] have or would have allowed [name redacted] to consume alcohol while attending the Hardey party on December 27, 2010. I have not found any conclusive information that would have determined that the parents or guardians would not have provided [name redacted] with permission to consume alcohol," Bonnelycke wrote.

As a matter of fact....the only person to indicate that it was ok with the parents was Cindy Hardey

Source http://www.theflume.com/main.asp?Search ... onID=1&S=1

During a March 2 interview Bonnelycke had with Cindy Hardey, she also denied that she had served the minor with any alcohol.

She wasn't concerned that the minor was at the home during the start of the party, but once it was learned that he/she was intoxicated, she was concerned.

She also reported that the minor's "mother was okay with what had happened."

Who decided that the minor was a girl?

In an interview with Bonnelyke on March 2, Glenn Hardey stated that he never observed the minor consuming alcohol, and he only learned that he had consumed alcohol when it was obvious that the minor was drunk.

25 Apr 2011 11:07 #49 by major bean
I did not realize that in this state a parent could give permission for their minor child to drink alcohol. That is amazing!

Regards,
Major Bean

25 Apr 2011 13:22 #50 by ComputerBreath
Becky: You are correct. A lot of what has been seen on local new, whether TV or newspaper, is "he said, she said" without a lot of back up for any facts. Whatever, I still believe all the adults at the party, especially those LEOs should be held responsible for allowing a child to be there, let alone allowing an intoxicated juvenile to remain at the party for any length of time.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds