Thank you president bush and military for taking out Usama

03 May 2011 09:18 #111 by Pony Soldier
As usual, you are talking about something that didn't happen. This is Obama from the campaign trail.

And we have a difficult situation in Pakistan. I believe that part of the reason we have a difficult situation is because we made a bad judgment going into Iraq in the first place when we hadn’t finished the job of hunting down bin Laden and crushing al Qaeda.

So what happened was we got distracted, we diverted resources, and ultimately bin Laden escaped, set up base camps in the mountains of Pakistan in the northwest provinces there.
They are now raiding our troops in Afghanistan, destabilizing the situation. They’re stronger now than at any time since 2001. And that’s why I think it’s so important for us to reverse course because that’s the central front on terrorism. They are plotting to kill Americans right now. As Secretary Gates, the Defense secretary, said, the war against terrorism began in that region, and that’s where it will end.
So part of the reason I think it’s so important for us to end the war in Iraq is to be able to get more troops into Afghanistan, put more pressure on the Afghan government to do what it needs to do, eliminate some of the drug trafficking that’s funding terrorism.
But I do believe that we have to change our policies with Pakistan. We can’t coddle, as we did, a dictator, give him billions of dollars, and then he’s making peace treaties with the Taliban and militants. What I have said is we’re going encourage democracy in Pakistan, expand our non-military aid to Pakistan so that they have more of a stake in working with us, but insisting that they go after these militants.
And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act, and we will take them out.
We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2011 11:17 #112 by TPP
Damn, source please, I'd like to see the whole context. As I think he did say these things, but not all at once, and to different "Followers".

03 May 2011 11:24 #113 by Pony Soldier

03 May 2011 11:28 #114 by Soulshiner
It's from the second Obama-McCain Presidential Debate from Belmont, TN October 7, 2008.

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-10-07/poli ... M:POLITICS

McCain's response: "In fact, he said he wants to announce that he's going to attack Pakistan. Remarkable."

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

03 May 2011 11:31 #115 by TPP

03 May 2011 11:48 #116 by Residenttroll returns

Soulshiner wrote: It's from the second Obama-McCain Presidential Debate from Belmont, TN October 7, 2008.

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-10-07/poli ... M:POLITICS

McCain's response: "In fact, he said he wants to announce that he's going to attack Pakistan. Remarkable."

Obama just did and has for months...why is that remarkable? Obama has authorized bombs from drones and then this helicopter raid...I know it may not seem like an attack...because my Americans are mired by the homeland attack that takes place everyday without fail.

03 May 2011 12:37 #117 by Soulshiner
Remarkable was a comment made by McCain in rebuttal to Obama's response during the debate. Why don't you ask him?

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

03 May 2011 12:43 #118 by RidinHy06
You know, there are so many threads on who killed Osama and who gets credit, but the bottom line is our Military :soldiers: killed Osama with the help and aid of President Bush AND Obama. It was, I guess you could call it, a team effort and it paid off. What I want to know is, when do we need the okay and approval from our president to take out a terrorist? If that person is in range, and in ones sight, shoot the SOB! I'm sure I'm missing a lot of what really happened BUT my point is, credit, number one does NOT go to Obama! It goes to all that were able to accomplish such a huge task. Mission accomplished! Congratulations to our MILITARY :soldiers: , President Bush and President Obama. I rest my case!

03 May 2011 13:09 #119 by Rick

RidinHy06 wrote: You know, there are so many threads on who killed Osama and who gets credit, but the bottom line is our Military :soldiers: killed Osama with the help and aid of President Bush AND Obama. It was, I guess you could call it, a team effort and it paid off. What I want to know is, when do we need the okay and approval from our president to take out a terrorist? If that person is in range, and in ones sight, shoot the SOB! I'm sure I'm missing a lot of what really happened BUT my point is, credit, number one does NOT go to Obama! It goes to all that were able to accomplish such a huge task. Mission accomplished! Congratulations to our MILITARY :soldiers: , President Bush and President Obama. I rest my case!

This is the ONLY correct answer to who gets credit...everything else is partisan bullsh*t. :like:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 May 2011 13:39 #120 by JMC
The Government did good this time, military, intelligence and pols. I hope we can say that more often.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds