Is Palin a traitor?

10 Jun 2011 16:01 #31 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Is Palin a traitor?
I like/liked Conde Rice. I thought she was super intelligent and a class act.

You guys are being debunked about this Palin thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2011 16:03 #32 by dummy up
Replied by dummy up on topic Is Palin a traitor?

CriticalBill wrote: I agree Bear, I can't think of one high profile conservative woman who hasn't been bashed and berated by liberals (usually women). Even Condi Rice who is imo one of the smartest and well spoken women I've seen in politics. I really wanted her to run in 08 mainly to see how the left would react to a woman who also happens to be black and who also leans to the right. What could they dig up on this fine individual?

You guys think that if you support an idiot, Cain, Palin etc, that makes you somehow not racist or sexist, . My best friend is a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,whatever? phony conservative, political correctness, at it's worst!

10 Jun 2011 16:29 #33 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Is Palin a traitor?

Science Chic wrote: If you want some fun reading, check out Palin's emails, obtained through a FOIA request sent 3 years ago.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/06/sar ... ve-updates
Sarah Palin's Emails Revealed: Live Updates
— By David Corn, Nick Baumann, and Adam Weinstein
| Fri Jun. 10, 2011

Today, at 9 a.m. local time in Juneau, the state of Alaska released 24,199 pages of emails Sarah Palin sent and received during her half-term as governor of the Last Frontier. State officials distributed six-box sets to representatives of a dozen or so media outfits, including Mother Jones. Now the mad dash is on, with journalists reviewing (and scanning) these thousands of emails, searching for illuminating or entertaining information regarding the GOP’s number-one political celebrity, who remains a possible 2012 presidential contender. This saga began with a request David Corn, Mother Jones Washington bureau chief, made almost three years ago.

The whole list: http://palinemail.msnbc.msn.com/palin2011/allList.html

I like how one of her aides said that she had no access to her public email account, so the person she wrote to (from a gas company) responded that he'd just email Palin's personal account since he had that. Nice.

by Datechguy | June 10th, 2011
I’m sorry if the two biggest major American newspapers organs to promote liberalism and the Democratic party are recruiting people all over the world for the express purpose and hope of finding dirt on Sarah Palin, we have to assume that:

1. The left fears Sarah Palin in the way that Satan fears Christ.

2. Their “Paul Revere” attacks a failure.

3. They consider the Bus Tour and the upcoming movie a game changer that has to be countered at all costs.

4. They have decided that it is worth the risk of driving GOP opponents of Palin into her camp on the assumption they won’t vote for Obama anyway, like so:

The same press that wouldn’t vet Barack Obama, and barely questions 2400-page policies is looking for the public to find dirt on a private citizen who has been out of office for two years? She is so in their heads, and their hate is so naked, that the WaPo and NYTimes don’t realize how destructive this move is going to be to their own selves. When even Palin non-fans and fence-sitters (like me) are offended by this — you’re talking EPIC fail!

5. Along the same lines as above, the mainstream media is so anxious, so obsessed with Sarah Palin’s destruction that they are willing to use a tactic that even the most Pollyannaish media supporter can not deny the bias inherent in it. In fact a tactic so destructive that they desperately tried to deny it…

“The New York Times has not asked for readers to help with an investigation,” NYT spokeswoman Danielle Rhoades Ha said in an e-mail to The Daily Caller, pointing TheDC to a specific news story about the Palin e-mails’ release.

…even though the request appeared in their own blog

http://datechguyblog.com/2011/06/10/exh ... -cant-win/

10 Jun 2011 16:46 #34 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Is Palin a traitor?
Oh, I absolutely agree that the MSM coverage isn't balanced, or fair, or critical, and should focus more on the current sitting members of Congress and the White House. They very likely aren't going to find anything worthwhile on her, just waste a lot of time.

But this debacle reminds me a lot of Climategate...a whole lot of sensationalism for a whole lotta nuthin'...it made me chuckle for that reason so I had to post it (plus the entertainment factor, if you have that kind of time on your hands!)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jun 2011 16:50 #35 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Is Palin a traitor?
The biggest "find" so far is that she got a date wrong at the RNC. WOW!!! I'm Shocked!!!

10 Jun 2011 17:29 #36 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Palin a traitor?
I don't think the conservatives here really "get it". I don't believe liberals have a problem with Sarah Palin, as Sarah Palin (though I do like Tina Fey better as Sarah Palin). If she wants to be famous.....more power to her....she is an attractive woman, and seems to have found her place on Fox News as color commentator.....no problem with that either. She and FOX have a lot in common.

do have a problem with her political beliefs, most especially because they don't seem to be so much HER beliefs, but those of the tea party/conservatives she is pandering to. When taken away from the party line she appears not to have a clue what she is talking about. As a speaker and rallying object for the Tea Party, she does a great job, get her away from her minions into the real world and she does not hold up well.

She has never finished anything she has started, and I find that to be a character flaw.....a BIG one, and she doesn't seem to have much breadth of knowledge. Sure she can study up....and she did for the last race for VP....but if she gets outside her comfort zone she falls apart.....then she trys to cover it up with a lot of nonsense that means nothing to anyone but herself. The Paul Revere bit is a prime example, though not the most egregious one.

Stay on the TV News Sarah.....running for office is NOT your strong point.

10 Jun 2011 17:34 #37 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Is Palin a traitor?

CriticalBill wrote: I agree Bear, I can't think of one high profile conservative woman who hasn't been bashed and berated by liberals (usually women). Even Condi Rice who is imo one of the smartest and well spoken women I've seen in politics. I really wanted her to run in 08 mainly to see how the left would react to a woman who also happens to be black and who also leans to the right. What could they dig up on this fine individual?

I really like Sen Olympia Snowe! And Sandra Day O'Connor before she retired. Condi Rice disappointed me - such an intelligent woman should never have been pushing the stupid decisions made by that cabinet. I would've loved to have seen her run though! I have no problem with Palin being beautiful and successful, I just can't respect her b/c she makes too many bad judgements (and no, BearMtn, she is not smart). To me, she doesn't embody the traits of a leader, but of a close-minded, judgmental, rigid follower, and opportunist: not qualities in someone I'd vote for.

Thought this was relevant:
http://www.truth-out.org/fcc-report-fin ... 1307720114
FCC Report Finds Local Journalism in Severe Decline
Friday 10 June 2011
by: Nadia Prupis

Local journalism has not been able to keep up with a changing media landscape, leading to a significant drop in quality in-depth reporting, a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) study found.

According to the report, an increase in alternative media outlets in many communities did not necessarily increase reporting in those areas - which could result in less government accountability and important issues going undocumented.

"A shortage of reporting manifests itself in invisible ways: stories not written, scandals not exposed, government waste not discovered, health dangers not identified in time, local elections involving candidates about whom we know little," the report stated. "[The] independent watchdog function that the Founding Fathers envisioned for journalism - going so far as to call it crucial to a healthy democracy - in some cases is at risk."

Genachowski echoed the report's findings, saying, "[The] less quality reporting we have, the less likely we are to learn about government misdeeds."

There are recommendations in the report, and some criticisms of the recommendations in the article.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jun 2011 18:13 #38 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Is Palin a traitor?

Science Chic wrote: I really like Sen Olympia Snowe! And Sandra Day O'Connor before she retired. Condi Rice disappointed me - such an intelligent woman should never have been pushing the stupid decisions made by that cabinet. I would've loved to have seen her run though! I have no problem with Palin being beautiful and successful, I just can't respect her b/c she makes too many bad judgements (and no, BearMtn, she is not smart). To me, she doesn't embody the traits of a leader, but of a close-minded, judgmental, rigid follower, and opportunist: not qualities in someone I'd vote for.

The only reason Senator Snowe has an R next to her name is that people are allowed to self declare their party affiliation. If party affiliation were decided as the result of answers to questions posed to sift and sort the concepts that apply to a particular party, Snowe would end up with a 'D' next to her name. I have no doubts that this is why you really like her SC - she isn't someone who either believes or espouses republican principles. She is one that Thomas Jefferson would have lumped in with those seeking to consolidate all power, foreign and domestic, into the general government as opposed to supporting the coordinate powers of government that is the foundation of the nation established in the Constitution.

You might view limiting the authority of the general government as exhibiting bad judgement SC, and you are certainly welcome to that opinion, but a large number of your fellow citizens think supporting a general government with absolutely no limits on its power or authority exhibits far worse judgement.

The dividing line is no longer 'D' or 'R'. It is now a strictly limited versus an unlimited general government.

10 Jun 2011 19:41 #39 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Is Palin a traitor?
Well, I'm sure we're all thrilled to know what Thomas Jefferson would have thought. I'll sleep better tonight.

10 Jun 2011 19:51 #40 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Is Palin a traitor?
Unattractive, homely, and ugly women do not like Sarah Palin. It is as simple as that. The liberals will only support unbeautiful women.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds