Is Palin a traitor?

10 Jun 2011 21:51 #61 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Is Palin a traitor?

PrintSmith wrote: The only reason Senator Snowe has an R next to her name is that people are allowed to self declare their party affiliation. If party affiliation were decided as the result of answers to questions posed to sift and sort the concepts that apply to a particular party, Snowe would end up with a 'D' next to her name. I have no doubts that this is why you really like her SC - she isn't someone who either believes or espouses republican principles. She is one that Thomas Jefferson would have lumped in with those seeking to consolidate all power, foreign and domestic, into the general government as opposed to supporting the coordinate powers of government that is the foundation of the nation established in the Constitution.

You might view limiting the authority of the general government as exhibiting bad judgement SC, and you are certainly welcome to that opinion, but a large number of your fellow citizens think supporting a general government with absolutely no limits on its power or authority exhibits far worse judgement.

The dividing line is no longer 'D' or 'R'. It is now a strictly limited versus an unlimited general government.

I find it disheartening that a Republican, or Dem for that matter, who is moderate, and does what good leaders should - research the issue fully, decide what their constituents want most, then compromise to work out a solution that is mostly acceptable to all, is dismissed as "not really a Republican" because of that very action. PS, where in any of my posts, or any other liberals' posts for that matter, have I/we espoused unlimited federal government? I absolutely agree that there is a limited dividing line between D and R - they are both filled with corrupt, short-sighted go-alongs rather than leaders, who spend more time trying to raise money for their next election than doing their job.

To re-iterate once again, I believe in quickly adaptable government size, that is no bigger than it needs to be in order to run efficiently and effectively, that is held up to scrutiny and analysis constantly as to where redundancy or parts that have outlived their usefulness can be shuttered, is transparent, and has corruption dealt with expeditiously. I want campaign finance reform, lobbyist reform, and a bigger role for academics in policy decisions. What is also needed is a culture shift in the general public of not thinking of costs for what services they want from their government (ie entitlement issues, and it's not just a lib problem: red states take far more in government dollars than do blue states); there needs to be more independence, motivation, and self-sufficiency on the part of its citizens to also overcome the malady of apathy and victimization we've been suffering.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2011 21:54 #62 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Is Palin a traitor?

10 Jun 2011 21:58 #63 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Is Palin a traitor?
You are so full of crap it's laughable... That's another Breitbart-style piece of audio that's been so heavily edited and pieced together that it's almost as believable as Palin's version of the Paul Revere revisionist history.

God you guys are gullible.

10 Jun 2011 22:15 #64 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Palin a traitor?
scary isn't it.....that a pretty face can turn these guys into blithering idiots.....I'm quite sure they believe all this ....er.....stuff... that they are posting.....they have to believe it, why else would they post it? I have to hand it to Sarah.....she sure can get all you conservative boys running in circles trying to defend the indefensible.

10 Jun 2011 22:22 #65 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Is Palin a traitor?

LadyJazzer wrote: You are so full of crap it's laughable... That's another Breitbart-style piece of audio that's been so heavily edited and pieced together that it's almost as believable as Palin's version of the Paul Revere revisionist history.

God you guys are gullible.

But it makes a damn good post!

Liberal women hate Sarah because she presents her feminism very naturally while doing battle with all of the power people of the U.S.

She is THE complete woman.

Eat your hearts out!

Regards,
Major Bean

10 Jun 2011 22:33 #66 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Is Palin a traitor?
If she runs for President, she'll get eaten alive in the Republican primaries. The Good Ol Boys know how to take care of the party from outsiders.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

10 Jun 2011 22:46 #67 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Is Palin a traitor?

archer wrote: Still laughing...amazing how a pretty face can turn some men into blithering idiots.

Yeah I've read that....nice spin. You will believe what you want to as long as you can see that Palin smile. It's ok...better men than you have been taken in by a pretty face and a vacuous smile.

And I am a good looking gal. Amazing how dumb they become LOL

10 Jun 2011 22:56 #68 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Is Palin a traitor?
major bean obviously has not seen the "women of 285".......short, fat and ugly sure doesn't describe any that I have seen.....be they liberal or conservative.

11 Jun 2011 05:53 #69 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Is Palin a traitor?

archer wrote: the "women of 285.

Now that is a calendar I could support.

11 Jun 2011 06:03 #70 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Is Palin a traitor?
Sarah Palin has got to be the biggest disgrace and opportunist I have ever seen. I know a whole lot of conservative women that think she is setting women back about 100 years. Those of you that think she would be a strong leader are down right foolish. The only reason McCain picked her as his running mate was because he saw how many womans groups backed Hillary and figured it would be his best bet to get some votes. Palin is an idiot at best. Though I do not think she will run for President in 2012.... I do believe she will run for McCains seat in AZ in a few years. The only state that is crazy enough to vote her in after her failure in Alaska.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds