Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

14 Aug 2011 10:58 #221 by Rockdoc
In a way, I'd welcome getting a nock on the door. That way 1) you can demonstrate what you are dong and why 2) you know they are watching you specifically/ Takes away the guessing.

We are gong to put together a series of lists and prioritize those lists in terms of what we aim to do in the year ahead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2011 14:50 #222 by akilina

homeagain wrote: EARTHKNACK Stoneage
Skills for the 21st century by Bart and Robin Blankenship. Preparation and proactiveness is a trait well cultivated.....very hard to accomplish in a reactive nation.JMO

Excellent book.

Does Robin still offer workshops? Attended a really great one before Bart and Robin split.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

14 Aug 2011 15:02 #223 by Residenttroll returns
I made a large purchase of votes....I became a union member.

14 Aug 2011 15:53 #224 by homeagain

akilina wrote:

homeagain wrote: EARTHKNACK Stoneage
Skills for the 21st century by Bart and Robin Blankenship. Preparation and proactiveness is a trait well cultivated.....very hard to accomplish in a reactive nation.JMO

Excellent book.

Does Robin still offer workshops? Attended a really great one before Bart and Robin split.

I purchased the book in the late 90's
and the P.O. box from the book was located in Boulder....looks like it still operates out of Crestone and is a viable course/seminar/lecture
for those who are interested. :cool:

15 Aug 2011 00:02 #225 by Rockdoc
Most of us do not have wood burning ovens, but many of us have wood stoves. I was wondering today how one can convert what we have to include an oven that would allow us to bake bread. The obvious solution is to have some kind of enclosed space that could be placed on top of the wood stove when one wants to bake. Most of us can easily make such an enclosure. Key features for a portable oven like this include, material that does not give off toxic gasses above 300 degrees, a door with springs to keep it closed, and insulation around it everywhere except the bottom, and a good thermometer. Wala, you have an oven that can be placed on top of the wood stove and used whenever you fire it up to keep the house warm.

15 Aug 2011 00:23 #226 by Sunshine Girl

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Most of us do not have wood burning ovens, but many of us have wood stoves. I was wondering today how one can convert what we have to include an oven that would allow us to bake bread. The obvious solution is to have some kind of enclosed space that could be placed on top of the wood stove when one wants to bake. Most of us can easily make such an enclosure. Key features for a portable oven like this include, material that does not give off toxic gasses above 300 degrees, a door with springs to keep it closed, and insulation around it everywhere except the bottom, and a good thermometer. Wala, you have an oven that can be placed on top of the wood stove and used whenever you fire it up to keep the house warm.

I liked the ones in the pictures today. Looks so basic!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

15 Aug 2011 00:31 #227 by Blazer Bob

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Most of us do not have wood burning ovens, but many of us have wood stoves. I was wondering today how one can convert what we have to include an oven that would allow us to bake bread. The obvious solution is to have some kind of enclosed space that could be placed on top of the wood stove when one wants to bake. Most of us can easily make such an enclosure. Key features for a portable oven like this include, material that does not give off toxic gasses above 300 degrees, a door with springs to keep it closed, and insulation around it everywhere except the bottom, and a good thermometer. Wala, you have an oven that can be placed on top of the wood stove and used whenever you fire it up to keep the house warm.

Somehow I think that given the wide variety of wood stoves that might be harder that you make it sound. Still, if you are planning an experiment let me know. I have some fire brick and a couple of kinds of chimney liner insulation I would be willing to donate to an experiment.
Think about it. I hope to be caught up in a couple of weeks and will be by to collect that cord of wood I won in the IMHS auction.

15 Aug 2011 05:25 #228 by HEARTLESS

The silent majority will be silent no more.

15 Aug 2011 05:59 #229 by homeagain

HEARTLESS wrote: Try here, http://www.lehmans.com/ lots of good items.

GREAT website,catalog.......been around for along time and cater to the Amish,thanks for the link

15 Aug 2011 06:21 #230 by HEARTLESS
Rockdoc and Sunshine, there is a specific link, but I can't get it to come up properly. Search wood stove top ovens then click Lehmans link, $39.95. Also, item number is 62CC0.
Edited one last time: Reviews say it doesn't work well on wood stove except as warming stove.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds