$50 Lesson

27 Sep 2011 20:57 #1 by The Viking
$50 Lesson was created by The Viking
I recently asked my neighbors' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do? '

She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.'

Her parents beamed with pride.

'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that! You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.'

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50? '

I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Sep 2011 20:58 #2 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic $50 Lesson
Did you offer $50 to the homeless guy to do the same tasks?

27 Sep 2011 21:14 #3 by Kate
I'm sure you also told the little neighbor girl what Jesus commanded:

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Matthew 19:21

27 Sep 2011 21:24 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic $50 Lesson

Kate wrote: I'm sure you also told the little neighbor girl what Jesus commanded:

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Matthew 19:21

WOW! You are one that makes me thank God every day that I am not a Liberal!

27 Sep 2011 21:35 #5 by Kate

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote: I'm sure you also told the little neighbor girl what Jesus commanded:

Then you have obeyed God's word by selling everything, gave the money to the poor, and followed him?

27 Sep 2011 21:46 #6 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic $50 Lesson

Kate wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Then you have obeyed God's word by selling everything, gave the money to the poor, and followed him?

IT WAS A JOKE!! SO tell me, how old were you when you realized that you have no sense of humor at all? What a sad life.

27 Sep 2011 21:51 #7 by Kate

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote:

The Viking wrote:

IT WAS A JOKE!! SO tell me, how old were you when you realized that you have no sense of humor at all? What a sad life.

Oh, I got it. You made a joke aimed at debasing those with which you do not agree politically. Very funny.

27 Sep 2011 22:05 #8 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic $50 Lesson
I don't agree with Viking that much on politics, but I thought it was a funny joke.

I can laugh at SNL skits too, whether I agree with them or not. I don't consider it "debasing". Just a political joke. What's wrong with that? Do we need new laws? You just said it was debasing those you don't agree with.

Oh, I got it. You made a joke aimed at debasing those with which you do not agree politically. Very funny.

So much for political comedy.

27 Sep 2011 22:07 #9 by archer
Replied by archer on topic $50 Lesson
Don't jokes go in The Fun House? If it's posted in The Courthouse it's political commentary. No?

27 Sep 2011 22:12 #10 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic $50 Lesson

archer wrote: Don't jokes go in The Fun House? If it's posted in The Courthouse it's political commentary. No?

So what's your point? I agree it's a joke. A political joke. It could go either place. Is that worth our time discussing?

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds