$50 Lesson

28 Sep 2011 08:54 #31 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic $50 Lesson

Kate wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Just for you kate, Proverbs 26:4-5 NASB Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves,That he not be wise in his own eyes. :VeryScared:

How do you justify walking by homeless people when Jesus told you to sell everything and give it to the poor? Or is that just me being foolish? I'd really like to know how you can quote parts of the Bible as if it's truth and yet ignore other parts that don't agree with your chosen lifestyle.

And I will guarantee that I have done more for homeless and orphanages and abused women and children than you ever will in your lifetime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2011 08:57 #32 by The Viking
I'm remembering why I quit posting on here other than football picks. It like talking to a wall. And all it does is kill brain cells arguing with a few on here.

28 Sep 2011 08:59 #33 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic $50 Lesson

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Just for you kate, Proverbs 26:4-5 NASB Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves,That he not be wise in his own eyes. :VeryScared:

How do you justify walking by homeless people when Jesus told you to sell everything and give it to the poor? Or is that just me being foolish? I'd really like to know how you can quote parts of the Bible as if it's truth and yet ignore other parts that don't agree with your chosen lifestyle.

OMG!! Are you just trying to be ignorant? Who said to walk by homeless? Where do you come up with this stuff? You make things up and expect people to beleive it? Sorry but the rest of us can read.

The joke was about the homeless and their unwillingness to work (or laziness,) as well as about democrats. But then I'm sure you knew it was a double whammy when you copy and pasted it.

Nobody said previously in this thread "walk by the homeless." I asked a question that is remotely related to the joke you posted. I'm not making stuff up, I'm asking a question. I'll understand if you don't want to answer, as there is no good answer.

28 Sep 2011 09:00 #34 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic $50 Lesson
Kate has walked into something she will not back out of...it would be much eaiser just to have her say she didn't read the entire article...and be done with it...

28 Sep 2011 09:02 #35 by Kate

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote:

And I will guarantee that I have done more for homeless and orphanages and abused women and children than you ever will in your lifetime.

That may very well be, but it wasn't the question. Have you sold everything you own and given it to the poor as Jesus commanded? If you haven't, why not? What is your justification?

28 Sep 2011 09:03 #36 by Kate

outdoor338 wrote: Kate has walked into something she will not back out of...it would be much eaiser just to have her say she didn't read the entire article...and be done with it...

What article?

28 Sep 2011 10:48 #37 by RCCL
Replied by RCCL on topic $50 Lesson
Thank you all very much for this whole thread!

The resonses have made me laugh, and realize that... wow... sometimes I think we should all be happy there's anonymity here, because really... if you were having this discussion in public, I'd be laughing at all of you, and wondering what crawled up your ... erm... britches... recently.

Wow.

Carry on!

:pop

28 Sep 2011 10:49 #38 by The Viking

Kate wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote:

That may very well be, but it wasn't the question. Have you sold everything you own and given it to the poor as Jesus commanded? If you haven't, why not? What is your justification?

No, and if you know the Bible, it does not tell EVERYONE to sell everything they own and give it to the poor. You are trying to spin the Bible and that dog won't hunt. But nice try.

28 Sep 2011 10:53 #39 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic $50 Lesson
Jokes is jokes and some folks is jokes. Some are just ,,, Uh..

28 Sep 2011 10:53 #40 by The Viking

Kate wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote:

OMG!! Are you just trying to be ignorant? Who said to walk by homeless? Where do you come up with this stuff? You make things up and expect people to beleive it? Sorry but the rest of us can read.

Nobody said previously in this thread "walk by the homeless."

Really? You spin stuff so much that you can't even remember what YOU typed a few posts earlier? Figures.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds