$50 Lesson

28 Sep 2011 10:59 #41 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic $50 Lesson

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Kate wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Just for you kate, Proverbs 26:4-5 NASB Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves,That he not be wise in his own eyes. :VeryScared:

How do you justify walking by homeless people when Jesus told you to sell everything and give it to the poor? Or is that just me being foolish? I'd really like to know how you can quote parts of the Bible as if it's truth and yet ignore other parts that don't agree with your chosen lifestyle.

OMG!! Are you just trying to be ignorant? Who said to walk by homeless? Where do you come up with this stuff? You make things up and expect people to beleive it? Sorry but the rest of us can read.

Nobody said previously in this thread "walk by the homeless."

Really? You spin stuff so much that you can't even remember what YOU typed a few posts earlier? Figures.

Nobody else said "walk by the homeless." I introduced it and admitted it when I asked the question. Is that clearer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2011 11:19 #42 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic $50 Lesson

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

28 Sep 2011 11:28 #43 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic $50 Lesson
Give a man a fish and you feed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime. And now the modernized version. Give a man a meal and you've fed him for the day. Teach a man to expect handouts and you've created another Democrat.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

28 Sep 2011 11:53 #44 by HEARTLESS
In case the no humor crowd can't figure it out, its another joke. As otis says, I can explain it to you but can't understand it for you. I have crying towels for rent at a reasonable rate for the humorless.

28 Sep 2011 12:21 #45 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic $50 Lesson

HEARTLESS wrote: Give a man a fish and you feed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime. And now the modernized version. Give a man a meal and you've fed him for the day. Teach a man to expect handouts and you've created another Democrat.

[sarcasm]Using the homeless to make your joke is offensive!!! I'm offended!![/sarcasm]

Seriously, grow some skin people! The OP is an old joke and it is still funny.

28 Sep 2011 12:33 #46 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic $50 Lesson

Kate wrote: I'm sure you also told the little neighbor girl what Jesus commanded:

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Matthew 19:21

This is what happens when a person who is not of the religion attempts to take the Scriptures out of context to suit their own personal agenda. Tell me Kate, what is the lesson contained in Matthew 19:16-22 from which your snippet is taken? Even though you are not a subscriber to the religion that uses the text, the lesson contained in this Scripture is easy enough to decipher. One hint, the lesson isn't that the Son of Man ordered every Christian to sell all they owned and give it to the poor.

28 Sep 2011 12:42 - 28 Sep 2011 12:46 #47 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic $50 Lesson
Here's another $50 lesson... lol

A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person.The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Republican's pocket and gave him fifty dollars.

28 Sep 2011 12:45 #48 by HEARTLESS
rofllol

28 Sep 2011 12:47 #49 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic $50 Lesson

PrintSmith wrote:

Kate wrote: I'm sure you also told the little neighbor girl what Jesus commanded:

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Matthew 19:21

This is what happens when a person who is not of the religion attempts to take the Scriptures out of context to suit their own personal agenda. Tell me Kate, what is the lesson contained in Matthew 19:16-22 from which your snippet is taken? Even though you are not a subscriber to the religion that uses the text, the lesson contained in this Scripture is easy enough to decipher. One hint, the lesson isn't that the Son of Man ordered every Christian to sell all they owned and give it to the poor.

You make it sound like since I am a heathen, I have no understanding of what it says in the Bible. This is about a rich man trying to get eternal life, to which Jesus replies that he must keep the commandments AND sell his possessions, give them to the poor and follow Jesus.

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Seems pretty straightforward that these are the requirements the Messiah gave to obtain eternal life.

28 Sep 2011 12:51 #50 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic $50 Lesson

Kate wrote: Seems pretty straightforward that these are the requirements the Messiah gave to obtain eternal life.

I'm sure it is for one who follows the mantra of collective salvation, but that isn't anywhere in what Jesus attempted to teach us during His public life. Think of it in terms of individual salvation, which was the message contained in all of the teachings of the Savior, and tell me what lesson you think is being taught.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds