$50 Lesson

28 Sep 2011 12:53 #51 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic $50 Lesson

PrintSmith wrote:

Kate wrote: Seems pretty straightforward that these are the requirements the Messiah gave to obtain eternal life.

I'm sure it is for one who follows the mantra of collective salvation, but that isn't anywhere in what Jesus attempted to teach us during His public life. Think of it in terms of individual salvation, which was the message contained in all of the teachings of the Savior, and tell me what lesson you think is being taught.

Why don't you just tell me your interpretation rather than try to go all schoolgirl on me.

I can read the words of Jesus just as well as anyone, but apparently only you can interpret them correctly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2011 12:56 #52 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic $50 Lesson
Heathen scum speak with forked tongue. Opps that just slipped out. :nyah:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

28 Sep 2011 13:01 #53 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic $50 Lesson
It is not 'my' interpretation Kate - it is the interpretation of theologians, and it differs greatly from that which you are forwarding. I'll give you another hint. Look at the commandments that Jesus mentions and note which ones are missing from the list. Now look at the reply that Jesus gave with this in mind while remembering that because Jesus is God He also has the ability to look at the soul of each individual.

28 Sep 2011 13:05 #54 by Kate

PrintSmith wrote: It is not 'my' interpretation Kate - it is the interpretation of theologians, and it differs greatly from that which you are forwarding. I'll give you another hint. Look at the commandments that Jesus mentions and note which ones are missing from the list. Now look at the reply that Jesus gave with this in mind while remembering that because Jesus is God He also has the ability to look at the soul of each individual.

I'm not playing your guessing games. State your point or this conversation is over.

28 Sep 2011 13:07 #55 by HEARTLESS
Keep asking questions, the silence is welcome. :biggrin:

28 Sep 2011 13:11 #56 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic $50 Lesson

Kate wrote: State your point or this conversation is over.

:woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

28 Sep 2011 13:13 #57 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic $50 Lesson
Angry that your lie has been exposed Kate?

28 Sep 2011 13:21 #58 by Kate

PrintSmith wrote: Angry that your lie has been exposed Kate?

There's no lie. You have only succeeded in showing your contempt for those who do not share your beliefs.

You are once again playing games and twisting words to fit your preconceived conclusion. The words of the Christian Messiah are very clear for all to read in the passage from Matthew, yet you do not want to make your point by explaining your interpretation of that passage.

28 Sep 2011 13:25 #59 by HEARTLESS
Kate since you keep hanging on to one passage and stating it as the end all conclusion, please enlighten us with your vast background in theology, education, etc.

28 Sep 2011 13:37 #60 by Kate

HEARTLESS wrote: Kate since you keep hanging on to one passage and stating it as the end all conclusion, please enlighten us with your vast background in theology, education, etc.

And that would make a difference how? I can read, and I can look in the Bible, I can clearly see what it says. It seems very clear to me what Jesus says is the requirement for eternal life. If you have a different interpretation of what that passage says, then by all means, please enlighten me.

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds