Penn State Pedophilia Scandal

09 Nov 2011 20:48 #21 by Wayne Harrison

HEARTLESS wrote: archer, how do you always manage to forget Clinton lying under oath, an impeachable offense?

Why do you bring up Clinton when you jump on us for bringing up Bush? Or is it OK for us to mention Bush now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2011 22:52 #22 by MWMGROUP
Now, all we need is for heads to roll in Platte Canyon.

09 Nov 2011 23:05 #23 by chickaree
Is there any topic that the hyper-partisan fanatics can't turn into an R vs. D poop tossing bout. Come on people. The continual cover ups of pedophiles by large organizations is an issue that truly should transcend this type of pettiness. I get the feeling that you guys would cover up for someone of your own political persuasion. I hope I'm wrong.

09 Nov 2011 23:34 #24 by archer

chickaree wrote: Is there any topic that the hyper-partisan fanatics can't turn into an R vs. D poop tossing bout. Come on people. The continual cover ups of pedophiles by large organizations is an issue that truly should transcend this type of pettiness. I get the feeling that you guys would cover up for someone of your own political persuasion. I hope I'm wrong.

You can that Rockdoc for this tangent

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Now if this were our government it would be all OK just by saying I never touched that boy. Double standard. How many of Clinton's associates were dismissed or made a scape goat because they might have had some knowledge about what sucked in government?

I didn't understand the need to post that.......this isn't about anyone other than the perpetrator and those who thought the university's reputation was more important than what was happening to the children.

It has totally taken me by surprise....I went to college in PA (not Penn State), but that University has always been held in high regard along with it's football program. I guess like the Catholic Church scandals, there is just no end to what people will do and say to keep from being involved and protect the reputation of their institution.

09 Nov 2011 23:48 #25 by Rockdoc

archer wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Now if this were our government it would be all OK just by saying I never touched that boy. Double standard. How many of Clinton's associates were dismissed or made a scape goat because they might have had some knowledge about what sucked in government?

Are you really equating pedophilia with consential sex between two adults? Or just the coverup? What Clinton did may have been immoral but it was not illegal nor did it require a call to police by anyone who knew about it

Are we not talking about a moral issue here with Paterno? Paterno was not the one doing this, yet he is being beaten to hell. Legality is not the issue. Morality is the issue.

09 Nov 2011 23:51 #26 by Rockdoc

archer wrote: HEARTLESS I haven't forgotten that Clinton lied...saying I always do that is a bit of a lie. I was responding to Rockdoc's post which did not even reference Clinton's lying...it read to me that he was discussing the sexual allegations. I'm sure he appreciates your jumping in to fight for him, but I think he is capable of insulting me all by himself.

Huh?? Have I insulted you here? No. I've already responded to your response to me. See previous post.

09 Nov 2011 23:59 #27 by archer

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

archer wrote: HEARTLESS I haven't forgotten that Clinton lied...saying I always do that is a bit of a lie. I was responding to Rockdoc's post which did not even reference Clinton's lying...it read to me that he was discussing the sexual allegations. I'm sure he appreciates your jumping in to fight for him, but I think he is capable of insulting me all by himself.

Huh?? Have I insulted you here? No. I've already responded to your response to me. See previous post.

Ahhhhhh....but your previous post came after my previous post......I had not seen it. But HEARTLESS did a nice job of continuing the partisan bickering in your absence.

10 Nov 2011 00:02 - 10 Nov 2011 00:16 #28 by Rockdoc

Conservation Voice wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: archer, how do you always manage to forget Clinton lying under oath, an impeachable offense?

Why do you bring up Clinton when you jump on us for bringing up Bush? Or is it OK for us to mention Bush now?

I was the one who brought up Clinton. Use whatever government official you like as an example of the inequality vs the private sector. The issue has nothing to do with D or R. My point was that when it comes to moral issues, politicians (that is the word I used not D or R). get a free pass even when directly involved, not just told about something. Yes, it is always easy to clean house, protect yourself at the expense of others around you. Throw the Son.. bitch under the bus, just as long as I'm protected type of attitude. I just love it when all the upstanding moral types come out of the woodwork to cast their stones. Many of these people have no f...king clue as to what really happened, but we can al make lots of assumptions. Who knows, Joe may be guilty of a lot more than he is willing to admit, but I trust he is one of the few people who knows the truth. Most everyone else is jumping on the moral bandwagon. Just glad all these moral types don't live in a glass house.

So they could not wait. Paterno gets the boot. I've a feeling this is going to come back an haunt Penn State in many different ways. Foremost will be football recruitment, then there is the academic aspect as well. It is one thing to discipline guilty people, it is another to discipline someone for actions they did not take but in hindsight should have. Ah.. hindsight... it makes us all perfect.

edited to respond to Chickaree's valid point. I used politicians for my argument. It could hae been any pwerful figure, it's just that politicians do their thing to avoid the severe fall out. We could have used Tiger wooeds, but he was guilty. Perhaps we ought to have sentenced his caddy or best friends for what he did. Hell, they ought to have suspected him.....

10 Nov 2011 00:04 #29 by Rockdoc
Archer, I clearly have no bone to pick with you. If you felt insulted that I brought Clinton to light, that is not my issue. My focus is R vs D as I see no difference when it comes to immoral issues. Hummm. Cain comes to mind, but who knows.

10 Nov 2011 04:43 #30 by HEARTLESS

archer wrote:

Are you really equating pedophilia with consential sex between two adults? Or just the coverup? What Clinton did may have been immoral but it was not illegal nor did it require a call to police by anyone who knew about it

What Clinton did after his infidelity, lying under oath, is illegal.

Conservation Voice wrote:

Because Clinton was mentioned, I didn't bring him up but responded to archer's apparent memory loss. If you think I am a Bush supporter, please go through my posts, and quote them here. I know all conservatives appear the same to the Left, but we aren't.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds