Penn State Pedophilia Scandal

13 Nov 2011 11:56 #71 by archer
my apologies, on re-reading what the original witness did....he waited a day before reporting it....yeah, that was wrong. I thought, erroneously, that he saw it and immediately went to Paterno.....but you are right, if I saw that I would have been screaming bloody murder at the guy to stop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Nov 2011 12:14 #72 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Penn State Pedophilia Scandal
The Pennsylvania law needs to be changed. The person witnessing the crime should intervene and report it directly to law enforcement. The witness' position in the hierarchy of an institution in which he is employed should not trump a citizen's duty to society.

The hierarchy of Penn State has exposed a bunch of men who have lost their souls.

13 Nov 2011 12:53 #73 by Soulshiner

Arlen wrote: The Pennsylvania law needs to be changed. The person witnessing the crime should intervene and report it directly to law enforcement. The witness' position in the hierarchy of an institution in which he is employed should not trump a citizen's duty to society.

The hierarchy of Penn State has exposed a bunch of men who have lost their souls.

:yeahthat:

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

13 Nov 2011 15:02 #74 by 2wlady
Here is something else I don't know. After the witness consulted with his father, who is more unethical than his kid - go figure, and reported the incident to Paterno, and Paterno reported it to whoever was next in the hierarchy, did either of them follow up on this?

If the answer is no, that just compounds the lack of responsibility on both their parts.

If it is yes, why the heck didn't they clamor for action?

13 Nov 2011 15:05 #75 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Penn State Pedophilia Scandal

2wlady wrote: Here is something else I don't know. After the witness consulted with his father, who is more unethical than his kid - go figure, and reported the incident to Paterno, and Paterno reported it to whoever was next in the hierarchy, did either of them follow up on this?

If the answer is no, that just compounds the lack of responsibility on both their parts.

If it is yes, why the heck didn't they clamor for action?

You are asking which is worse? dog crap, cat crap, bull crap, or horse crap (son behavior - father behavior)?
Their report to their superior should have been this: "I have called the police and thought that I should let you know." No followup needed.

13 Nov 2011 15:59 #76 by 2wlady
I didn't ask which was worse. My question is whether any of the parties followed up on the accusation.

13 Nov 2011 16:03 #77 by Wily Fox aka Angela

archer wrote: my apologies, on re-reading what the original witness did....he waited a day before reporting it....yeah, that was wrong. I thought, erroneously, that he saw it and immediately went to Paterno.....but you are right, if I saw that I would have been screaming bloody murder at the guy to stop.

whew... OK then.... the "culture" of the "institution" of college sports, at least at Penn State, is shown in all it's glory. Protect the institution at all costs. It pisses me off to hear the board say they are putting things in place so that this never happens again. Do you think we are insane? YOU (Penn State) knew about this for 13 years. It's not like you just "found out" about it... gimme a break.

13 Nov 2011 16:24 #78 by homeagain
It's called 'DENIAL".....Penn State is NOT the only organization to have entered into that state of being....Sandusky's charitable org. KNEW also and they just kicked the can down the road......as the facts are exposed (Anderson 360 is good for that) this whole piece
of work (Penn State,the charity that Sandusky spearheaded)continued to turn the other way and pretended NOT to see until it became
so hideously apparent that they could NO LONGER do nothing. This is the epitome of DENIAL.......look long and hard at it,because IT is
the face of today's society.....IF YOU SEE SOMETHING WRONG,IF YOU SUSPECT SOMETHING WRONG.....DO THE RESEARCH AND THEN DO THE RIGHT THING......(what a concept)... :angry:

14 Nov 2011 12:03 #79 by FredHayek
It just gets worse. Not only was Sandusky's charity a cover for child molestation, about 1/2 the donations went to board members and officers.

On SNL, they had a skit with the devil on Weekend Update and even the prince of darkness wanted to wash his hands of Sandusky and his enablers.

What if Sandusky is judged innocent? I still believe Michael Jackson was a pedophile but the courts ruled him not guilty. It will be interesting to see if any of the boys step forward. I know I would be real reluctant to go public.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds