Penn State Pedophilia Scandal

10 Nov 2011 06:07 #31 by homeagain
HEY Rockdoc (and everyone else)....There is NO morality,it went by the way of thank you notes,paper maps and rotary phones.....been
gone for a long,long time.....JMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2011 07:17 #32 by Reverend Revelant

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

archer wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Now if this were our government it would be all OK just by saying I never touched that boy. Double standard. How many of Clinton's associates were dismissed or made a scape goat because they might have had some knowledge about what sucked in government?

Are you really equating pedophilia with consential sex between two adults? Or just the coverup? What Clinton did may have been immoral but it was not illegal nor did it require a call to police by anyone who knew about it

Are we not talking about a moral issue here with Paterno? Paterno was not the one doing this, yet he is being beaten to hell. Legality is not the issue. Morality is the issue.

No... we are not. We are talking about a legal issue here... the law. Not politics, not morality... but the law... period. Paterno was required by law to report what he knew to the police and he didn't do that. No gray areas, no partisan bullsh*t here... just facts. Paterno deserves to go down and I hope they get around to busting that coaching assistant too... the one that actually witnessed the rape and only reported it to his superior.

For you to even suggest that Paterno deserves ANY consideration here is sick on your part.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

10 Nov 2011 07:22 #33 by FredHayek
This, like the Church sex scandals, are a perfect example of people trying to hide crimes to protect organizations' public image.

And I am one of those who think Joe Patterno was willing to turn a blind eye to keep winning. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable working with a pedophile.

I don't think Paterno was required by law to report the crime. He kicked it upstairs. But I think he did a moral wrong by not reporting it to the police.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Nov 2011 07:30 #34 by homeagain
Dr. Phil......it is BOTH,......legality is the first consideration,but the umbrella over the issue is MORALITY.....to turn a blind eye,opt to
do minimal,select the path of least resistance,however you wish to phrase the LACK of integrity is the REAL problem. young lives were FOREVER damaged by the actions of a pervert and ALL (the college,the dean,the coach and everyone who KNEW,opted to put the "college cash cow" and it's name FIRST and the victims LAST. THAT, my friends, is the epitome of immoral......and is unforgivable JMO

10 Nov 2011 07:34 #35 by HEARTLESS
If he, Paterno, did not witness the crime, but heard credible hearsay about it, he did the right thing by passing it up the ladder. SS109 is right on about turning the blind eye to the situation to protect the University over the well being of the young victim. It is a horrible crime and statement regarding our diminished morals and ethics.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

10 Nov 2011 07:39 #36 by 2wlady
Before continuing this thread, why don't you read the grand jury report? And stay with Penn State, instead of going off on Clinton tangents. It would be mind-boggling if you guys would stick to one topic for a change.

10 Nov 2011 07:40 #37 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote: Dr. Phil......it is BOTH,......legality is the first consideration,but the umbrella over the issue is MORALITY.....to turn a blind eye,opt to
do minimal,select the path of least resistance,however you wish to phrase the LACK of integrity is the REAL problem. young lives were FOREVER damaged by the actions of a pervert and ALL (the college,the dean,the coach and everyone who KNEW,opted to put the "college cash cow" and it's name FIRST and the victims LAST. THAT, my friends, is the epitome of immoral......and is unforgivable JMO

Personally... I don't give a sh*t about the morality involved... I know people who have all sorts of degrees of morality and wouldn't think twice about some things... if it's not illegal to keep quiet about pedophilia, it should be. Period. And where did I suggest it's not "the epitome of immoral... and is unforgivable"?

10 Nov 2011 07:40 #38 by Reverend Revelant

HEARTLESS wrote: If he, Paterno, did not witness the crime, but heard credible hearsay about it, he did the right thing by passing it up the ladder. SS109 is right on about turning the blind eye to the situation to protect the University over the well being of the young victim. It is a horrible crime and statement regarding our diminished morals and ethics.

He should have reported it right to the police.

10 Nov 2011 08:07 #39 by archer

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Archer, I clearly have no bone to pick with you. If you felt insulted that I brought Clinton to light, that is not my issue. My focus is R vs D as I see no difference when it comes to immoral issues. Hummm. Cain comes to mind, but who knows.

We are not on the same page here Rockdoc...I was not insulted by that post. Re-read the thread and I think you will see that.

Again... none of this Clinton stuff..or Cain..really belongs in this thread.

10 Nov 2011 08:07 #40 by 2wlady
Isn't it a crime not to report a crime to the police? Or at least report what seemed to be a crime?

But good old Joe, he followed PSU regulations. Did he really just put it out of his mind?

Did Sandusky's family not suspect ANYTHING? He was sexually molesting boys in a basement bedroom for crying out oud.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds