Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

09 Mar 2012 11:46 #311 by CC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2012 12:16 #312 by pineinthegrass
It looks like at least one company that jumped ship (and was with Limbaugh 25 years) wants to come back, but has been turned down...

The intense campaign to cut advertising to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” took another turn Thursday when one of the first companies to pull its ads reportedly asked to return to the radio show -- only to be told by Team Limbaugh that the conservative host no longer would give his endorsement.

A Limbaugh spokesman said that California mattress company Sleep Train asked to restart a “voiced endorsement” from Limbaugh that it had publicly cut off last week. The company said at the time that it “does not condone such negative comments toward any person.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/03/rush-limbaugh-advertiser.html

And new advertisers continue to flock to the show...

"He said some bad things about prostitutes which we're not happy with," said Moonlight Bunny Ranch Owner, Dennis Hof. Hof is referring to comments made on the Rush Limbaugh show when the conservative radio host called a Georgetown University law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" because she urged lawmakers to consider the importance of contraception coverage. Limbaugh has since apologized, but has the damage already been done? It is reported that more than 40 advertisers are pulling their spots from his show.

Hof says he has a plan for Limbaugh. "We're going to let him redeem himself by being nice to legal prostitutes." Hof says he's willing to spend $1 million on advertisements. "Now is his chance to fix things. We think if he comes out now and supports the Bunny Ranch and real prostitutes, legal prostitution, it might make him look good," said Hof.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46676073/

Here is the new ad for The Rush Limbaugh Show.

[youtube:2aopva75]
[/youtube:2aopva75]

09 Mar 2012 13:35 #313 by Reverend Revelant

pineinthegrass wrote:

Pulling lies out of your butt since Wed May 19, 2010. (isn't my cat and husky cute?)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

09 Mar 2012 13:40 #314 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.
I am sorry but miss victim Sandra is out on the talk circuit now. This is going to back fire at some point. They had the rep. in a corner they are going to screw this up.

09 Mar 2012 14:35 #315 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, I'm sure it will... The number of advertisers who have pulled out is now over 50. Yesterday, when he went to break, it was 5 minutes of dead air. And in his whole 3-hour show they ran 88 commercials...77 of which were PSA's provided by the Ad Council. (And later in the day the Heart Association asked the Ad Council to pull it's PSA from him...) Boy, sometimes you just can't catch a break with your vitriol and hatred..

09 Mar 2012 14:45 #316 by RenegadeCJ

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, I'm sure it will... The number of advertisers who have pulled out is now over 50. Yesterday, when he went to break, it was 5 minutes of dead air. And in his whole 3-hour show they ran 88 commercials...77 of which were PSA's provided by the Ad Council. (And later in the day the Heart Association asked the Ad Council to pull it's PSA from him...) Boy, sometimes you just can't catch a break with your vitriol and hatred..

Why do you care? Other than your own hatred for any conservative, let it be. Let the market bear it's weight. If advertisers leave, he will no longer be in business. If not, he will be. You don't listen, so stop feeding your hatred. It isn't healthy.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

09 Mar 2012 14:55 #317 by pineinthegrass

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

Pulling lies out of your butt since Wed May 19, 2010. (isn't my cat and husky cute?)

OK I'll bite, what's the significance of that date? Or is it gang code?

09 Mar 2012 15:03 #318 by Rick

RenegadeCJ wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, I'm sure it will... The number of advertisers who have pulled out is now over 50. Yesterday, when he went to break, it was 5 minutes of dead air. And in his whole 3-hour show they ran 88 commercials...77 of which were PSA's provided by the Ad Council. (And later in the day the Heart Association asked the Ad Council to pull it's PSA from him...) Boy, sometimes you just can't catch a break with your vitriol and hatred..

Why do you care? Other than your own hatred for any conservative, let it be. Let the market bear it's weight. If advertisers leave, he will no longer be in business. If not, he will be. You don't listen, so stop feeding your hatred. It isn't healthy.

:yeahthat: This reminds me of how the left went batsh*t over Palin and did everything they could to discredit her. Then what happened? She became even more popular and draws huge crouds wherever she goes.

Keep doin what you're doin LJ, I'm sure your rage will pay off somehow rofllol

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Mar 2012 15:19 #319 by Mary Scott

pineinthegrass wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

Look directly under your avatar.

09 Mar 2012 15:25 #320 by pineinthegrass

Mary Scott wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

Look directly under your avatar.

Oh... thanks!

Looks like I upset LGOPT. That's a first... Not sure what lies I pulled, though. I actually heard the guy on a radio show saying they hope to run that ad on the Limbaugh show. He is a publicity hound, though.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds