Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

09 Mar 2012 18:31 #321 by Reverend Revelant

pineinthegrass wrote:

Mary Scott wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:
Here is the new ad for The Rush Limbaugh Show.

Pulling lies out of your butt since Wed May 19, 2010. (isn't my cat and husky cute?)

OK I'll bite, what's the significance of that date? Or is it gang code?

Look directly under your avatar.

Oh... thanks!

Looks like I upset LGOPT. That's a first... Not sure what lies I pulled, though. I actually heard the guy on a radio show saying they hope to run that ad on the Limbaugh show. He is a publicity hound, though.

Run that commercial on Rush. You must be kidding. IT'S A VIDEO. How can we watch it. And I listened to the audio, and that audio would not "play" on the air. Don't try to pull that crap on me. I am in the business. That's not a radio ad. What guy, on what radio. In the most someone was pulling someones leg and you fell for it.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2012 19:01 #322 by pineinthegrass

pineinthegrass wrote:

Mary Scott wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:
Here is the new ad for The Rush Limbaugh Show.

Pulling lies out of your butt since Wed May 19, 2010. (isn't my cat and husky cute?)

OK I'll bite, what's the significance of that date? Or is it gang code?

Look directly under your avatar.

Oh... thanks!

Looks like I upset LGOPT. That's a first... Not sure what lies I pulled, though. I actually heard the guy on a radio show saying they hope to run that ad on the Limbaugh show. He is a publicity hound, though.

Run that commercial on Rush. You must be kidding. IT'S A VIDEO. How can we watch it. And I listened to the audio, and that audio would not "play" on the air. Don't try to pull that crap on me. I am in the business. That's not a radio ad. What guy, on what radio. In the most someone was pulling someones leg and you fell for it.

First of all, you wouldn't recognize sarcasm if it bit you in the ass.

The video had nothing to do with the "radio" ad. They just filled in photos for Youtube. The ad doesn't need the video at all.

And I heard the full ad played on the radio (listened via internet, but it is real CBS owned broadcast radio station) just this morning. It wasn't played as an advertisement, though, Dennis Hoff was interviewed on a radio show and they played the ad as part of the interview. So yes, it can be played on the radio, at least as part of an interview. I never said Rush would run it, but I think it would be funny if he did. I just said here is the ad offered to Rush (as the Youtube title shows). I also said, Hoff is a promoter. My guess is he would actually pay to run the "ad" if Rush would run it.

If you don't believe me, the free (I think) podcast of the show should be available soon. PM me if you want it. Maybe you'll learn more about your business.

09 Mar 2012 19:21 #323 by Blazer Bob

pineinthegrass wrote: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/03/rush-limbaugh-advertiser.html

And new advertisers continue to flock to the show...

"He said some bad things about prostitutes which we're not happy with," said Moonlight Bunny Ranch Owner, Dennis Hof. [youtube:284ar20k]

[/youtube:284ar20k]

Ridiculous. Why pay when there are good looking law students paying a thousand dollars a year to fluck. rofllol

09 Mar 2012 19:41 #324 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.
I still think you guys are all ignoring that I was called a slut on this thread. LOL Where is the outrage!

09 Mar 2012 22:12 #325 by Reverend Revelant

CinnamonGirl wrote: I still think you guys are all ignoring that I was called a slut on this thread. LOL Where is the outrage!

I'm outraged. By the way... nice picture... I like the hair... not slutty at all.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

10 Mar 2012 08:38 #326 by Photo-fish

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: Don't try to pull that crap on me. I am in the business.

What are your hours? My septic tank needs pumping.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Mar 2012 08:40 #327 by Photo-fish

CinnamonGirl wrote: I still think you guys are all ignoring that I was called a slut on this thread. LOL Where is the outrage!

I sent JMC a PM and defended you. I told him you are not a slut, just easy. :wink:

Good day for fishing?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Mar 2012 10:06 #328 by LOL
If I were you CG, I would pull all jmc's ads from the web sites if he has any. LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Mar 2012 10:50 #329 by Soulshiner

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

10 Mar 2012 10:55 #330 by LadyJazzer
Hmmmm.....

This is big. According to the radio-industry website Radio-Info.com, which first posted excerpts of the Premiere memo, among the 98 companies that have decided to no longer sponsor these programs are “carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm), and restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway).” Together, these talk-radio advertising staples represent millions of dollars in revenue.

Yeah, millions of dollars in revenue, from 98 major advertisers... pulled from ALL of the right-wing talk-radio shock jocks.

Chew on THAT for awhile....

But this latest controversy comes at a particularly difficult time for right-wing talk radio. They are playing to a (sometimes literally) dying demographic. Rush & Co. rate best among old, white males. They have been steadily losing women and young listeners, who are alienated by the angry, negative, obsessive approach to political conservations. Add to that the fact that women ages 24–55 are the prize advertising demographic, and you have a perfect storm emerging after Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke comments.

The irony is that the same market forces that right-wing talk-radio hosts champion are helping to seal their fate. Advertisers are abandoning the shows because they no longer want to be associated with the hyperpartisan—and occasionally hateful—rhetoric. They are finally drawing a line because consumers are starting to take a stand.

An additional irony: just as the technology-driven fragmentation of the landscape allowed partisan media to proliferate, a new technological development is providing the tools to take it down. Social media is making it possible to create a grassroots movement very quickly, voicing grievances very quickly and getting heard at the top of corporate headquarters.

"Free market forces"...working like they are supposed to. Maybe the free-market will take this schmuck down.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds