Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

10 Mar 2012 11:51 #331 by pineinthegrass

Soulshiner wrote: Looks like Rush is changing the airwaves again.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... isers.html

Interesting article.

I always though men and women 24-54 was the sweet spot for advertisers, though I'm sure women 24-54 are important too (look at day time TV shows for that).

I wouldn't mind seeing radio go back to more like it used to be with more local programming that covered the community. Having nothing but politics all day with mostly national shows does get repetitious. And I'll take letting the market decide over a government "fairness" decree any day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2012 12:46 #332 by archer
I'm happy to see the marketplace drawing the line....it's about time. I stopped listening to talk radio regularly some time ago, now I only listen when there is an issue in the news that I am curious to hear their take on it. I'm sure you can figure out that it wasn't Rush I used to listen to....right wing/left wing....they spend their time on air trying to be relevant, but come off as just being obnoxious. I'd rather have talk radio be talk, people with different points of view debating the issues of the day.

10 Mar 2012 12:51 #333 by JMC
I want all voices heard. I would never boycott a business because of where they choose to advertise. Rush is stupid but still should be able spew to his stupidity. IMHO

10 Mar 2012 13:00 #334 by archer
I guess I see a difference in spewing stupidity and attacking people with lies. I probably wouldn't boycott a business but it does alter my opinion of a company that chooses to support that kind of "entertainment ".

10 Mar 2012 13:21 #335 by Rick

archer wrote: I guess I see a difference in spewing stupidity and attacking people with lies. I probably wouldn't boycott a business but it does alter my opinion of a company that chooses to support that kind of "entertainment ".

Air America had the same crap from uber partisan hacks like Limbaugh...they just couldn't get enough people to listen to their crap so they went under.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Mar 2012 13:31 #336 by LadyJazzer
How's that "They did it too" thing workin' out for ya?

10 Mar 2012 13:36 #337 by archer

CritiKalbILL wrote:

archer wrote: I guess I see a difference in spewing stupidity and attacking people with lies. I probably wouldn't boycott a business but it does alter my opinion of a company that chooses to support that kind of "entertainment ".

Air America had the same crap from uber partisan hacks like Limbaugh...they just couldn't get enough people to listen to their crap so they went under.

Absolutely...apparently more conservatives approve of and support hate speech, lies, and obnoxious attacks than liberals do.

10 Mar 2012 14:01 #338 by JMC
Business controls the media and I don't want financial interests to determine whether we hear Rush or Stewart or Maher. The corporate interests will win if this battle is started.

And everybody knows that CG is an ignorant slut. No arguments?

10 Mar 2012 14:14 #339 by archer

jmc wrote: Business controls the media and I don't want financial interests to determine whether we hear Rush or Stewart or Maher. The corporate interests will win if this battle is started.

And everybody knows that CG is an ignorant slut. No arguments?

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish jmc....how does your national audience and sponsors feel about your comments about CG? What? You don't have a national audience? No sponsors? So what's your point?

10 Mar 2012 14:42 #340 by Soulshiner
jmc:

Would you support a business that supports the KKK, the Taliban or Al Qaeda? Would you support a business that says that the Afghans that killed US service people after the Quran burning were right for killing them? Would you support a business that says that school shooters are right for killing kids? Would you support a business that says that the Holocaust failed and all of the Jews should be exterminated? That women who are raped asked for it and probably enjoyed it? Would you support a business who supports NAMBLA?

Are those the voices that you want to be heard?

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds