Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

12 Mar 2012 21:25 #371 by Something the Dog Said

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Soulshiner wrote:
[snip]

That says to me you want NAMBLA heard. I do have a problem hearing from those people. Sounds like you are just fine with it. I am not close minded, I just think that everyone has the right to say what they want but everyone else has the right to not support them and organize against them.

If you mean to organize against them to shut down their speech, then you are treading on constitutional grounds, and opening yourself up for a big suit. ACLU works both ways.

What constitutional grounds? The 1st amendment only applies against the government, there are no prohibitions against private citizens assembling to voice their concerns.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2012 21:28 #372 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

archer wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Joe wrote: Definitely boycott, until he apologizes with a box of chocolates or something.

Just saying... you guys were all upset that miss Sandra was called a slut but I was and no one cares. This is not about JMC, I expect that from him but really where is the outrage. Double standards. What is the difference here?

I don't like the word slut and Rush was over the line but it is normal for radio talk shows. Tell me why you are not upset that I was called a slut.

Is pretty hard to compare the two situations. You and jmc tease each other here....this was not done on the national radio station I did ask JMC what point he was trying to make. He never answered. It all looked like a manufactured situation so it was treated as such.

And Rush's was not? She seems fine on the talk circuit.

12 Mar 2012 22:10 #373 by archer
Whatever...I don't know what your point is either. Most everyone here stated that calling a woman a sl*t was wrong...did you want a personal apology from JMC? Did you want a separate thread on the insult against you? What do you want CG that hasn't already been said?

12 Mar 2012 22:58 #374 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

archer wrote: Whatever...I don't know what your point is either. Most everyone here stated that calling a woman a sl*t was wrong...did you want a personal apology from JMC? Did you want a separate thread on the insult against you? What do you want CG that hasn't already been said?

Archer, my point is that it is a double standard. And was ignored. If it was a joke for me why could it not be for Rush he is a comedian.

12 Mar 2012 23:13 #375 by archer

CinnamonGirl wrote:

archer wrote: Whatever...I don't know what your point is either. Most everyone here stated that calling a woman a sl*t was wrong...did you want a personal apology from JMC? Did you want a separate thread on the insult against you? What do you want CG that hasn't already been said?

Archer, my point is that it is a double standard. And was ignored. If it was a joke for me why could it not be for Rush he is a comedian.

Because Rush went on and on for 3 days vilifying Ms Fluke on national radio, telling her to put up videos of herself having sex and other pretty slimy rhetoric. If he had just called her a sl*t in one comment I doubt this would have become such a sensational story. And once again, this is a message board, and the manufactured slur against you was between two people who know each other, in front of people who are aware of that. To try and equate the two incidents is really reaching. Are you saying you think what Rush did was all in fun? Really? I don't. I do remember when a certain poster here called me some pretty vile names and it took weeks before anyone even mentioned it, or asked that poster to stop. I believe it was because it was done on a message board, different venue, different rules. The one poster who said all liberals should be killed, well that didn't get much outrage either. Do that on national TV or radio.....it's a whole different story.

13 Mar 2012 01:22 #376 by JSG
Rush is a comedian? Where has he done stand-up comedy before?

He's only a comedian when he gets caught saying something outlandish. At other times he the mouthpiece of the Republican Party.

13 Mar 2012 06:14 #377 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Because Rush went on and on for 3 days vilifying Ms Fluke on national radio, telling her to put up videos of herself having sex and other pretty slimy rhetoric. If he had just called her a sl*t in one comment I doubt this would have become such a sensational story. And once again, this is a message board, and the manufactured slur against you was between two people who know each other, in front of people who are aware of that. To try and equate the two incidents is really reaching. Are you saying you think what Rush did was all in fun? Really? I don't. I do remember when a certain poster here called me some pretty vile names and it took weeks before anyone even mentioned it, or asked that poster to stop. I believe it was because it was done on a message board, different venue, different rules. The one poster who said all liberals should be killed, well that didn't get much outrage either. Do that on national TV or radio.....it's a whole different story.

Lady Jazzer goes on using a foul term (teabagger) to describe Tea Party members, private individuals she doesn't even know, and you don't have this tizzy fit about that? Bit of a double standard on your part. I don't think what Lady Jazzer does is fun. A message board, different rules? Where are those rules? Can you link me to them? You claim different rules because you want to use a double standard. What makes a message board immune from stunts like Rush's? And what about Bill Maher's c*unt remark in describing Sarah Palin? Don't hear you complaining much about that. You're spinning and you're looking stupid.

Hey... come back and complain when you can grow a pair and start realizing that liberal and conservatives shouldn't be making vile comments like this at all. Until then, you have nothing to stand on. If this Rush thing has proved anything, it's put a big spotlight on the hypocrisy and double standards of the left. That in itself is a silver lining to a horrible incident.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

13 Mar 2012 06:15 #378 by Reverend Revelant

JSG wrote: Rush is a comedian? Where has he done stand-up comedy before?

He's only a comedian when he gets caught saying something outlandish. At other times he the mouthpiece of the Republican Party.

You're right. I hear people using that excuse for Bill Maher too!

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

13 Mar 2012 09:34 #379 by JSG
Bill Maher is a stand-up comedian who is a fringe political "commentator." Nothing he says is important to anyone on the left. There's a reason his ratings are so low. I think his biggest viewer base is people on the right..

13 Mar 2012 09:51 #380 by LadyJazzer
Rush was on "hiatus" (read: golf course) yesterday. And Clear Channel has announced that for the next two weeks ALL national/barter advertising has been cancelled. I wonder if he'll still be on the golf course today? So many PSA's, so much time...(Except the Heart Association... They're still demanding that their PSA not be associated with his show...)

I LOVE the fact that what is shutting him down is "free market pressures". If the advertisers figure out that he is toxic-waste and don't want him associated with their products, then the market will take their advertising elsewhere... (And, yes, I did read where ONE wanted to uncancel...That's 1 out of an estimated 141...Good luck with that.)

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds