Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

12 Mar 2012 19:30 #361 by JSG

FredHayek wrote:

photo-fish wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Looks like the women are trending back to the GOP in the latest polling as they learn more about Ms. Fluke. There are many conservative women out there who realize just because Rush says something, doesn't make it an official GOP platform.

What poll is that Fred?

Washington Post, Obama is slipping again, lower 40's

Yeah, here we are 7 months from the election. Anything can happen. Don't fret over polls.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Mar 2012 19:43 #362 by Arlen
The price of gas this summer will take care of the election.

12 Mar 2012 19:48 #363 by JSG
Very shortsighted, as it goes up every summer. It's the price of gas come election time that will matter.

12 Mar 2012 20:04 #364 by ZHawke
Doesn't matter - the price of gas apparently isn't something President Obama really has much control over anyway: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/voters-blame-president-for-gas-prices-experts-say-not-so-fast/2012/03/12/gIQA8fsO8R_story.html There are a whole lot of other sites that say virtually the same thing, but this one came up first, so I used it. :biggrin:

12 Mar 2012 20:13 #365 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

Joe wrote: Definitely boycott, until he apologizes with a box of chocolates or something.

Just saying... you guys were all upset that miss Sandra was called a slut but I was and no one cares. This is not about JMC, I expect that from him but really where is the outrage. Double standards. What is the difference here?

I don't like the word slut and Rush was over the line but it is normal for radio talk shows. Tell me why you are not upset that I was called a slut.

12 Mar 2012 20:32 #366 by LadyJazzer
It had to happen:

Rush Limbaugh-Sandra Fluke Controversy, Take Two: Sir Richard's Condoms' 'Sluts Unite' Campaign

A public service campaign that disses Rush Limbaugh and sells safe sex hopes to cause a sensation. Sir Richard's Condoms has conceived a "Sluts Unite" website and social media drive to promote healthy nookie while mocking Limbaugh's infamous "slut" insult of law student Sandra Fluke.

The campaign calls on supporters to choose from a menu of social media avatars such as "I Believe In Slut" and "Pro-Slut."

Sir Richard's (we love the knighted touch), a small business based in Boulder, Colo., also came up with an oath. It's not as easy to remember as the Pledge of Allegiance, but it'll do:

"* I believe that sex represents more than just the creation of children.
* I believe it is an enjoyable, healthy and a profound part of the human experience.
* I also believe that the responsible use of birth control is an essential component of a mature, civilized society;
* And if these beliefs make me a slut in some people’s eyes, then so be it."

Sir Richard's, which donates a condom for every one it sells, has become the latest company to embrace so-called "conscious consumerism".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/1 ... r=Business

Gee, that should send RL AND Santorum over the edge....

12 Mar 2012 20:45 #367 by archer

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Joe wrote: Definitely boycott, until he apologizes with a box of chocolates or something.

Just saying... you guys were all upset that miss Sandra was called a slut but I was and no one cares. This is not about JMC, I expect that from him but really where is the outrage. Double standards. What is the difference here?

I don't like the word slut and Rush was over the line but it is normal for radio talk shows. Tell me why you are not upset that I was called a slut.

Is pretty hard to compare the two situations. You and jmc tease each other here....this was not done on the national radio station I did ask JMC what point he was trying to make. He never answered. It all looked like a manufactured situation so it was treated as such.

12 Mar 2012 20:50 #368 by FredHayek

ZHawke wrote: Doesn't matter - the price of gas apparently isn't something President Obama really has much control over anyway: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/voters-blame-president-for-gas-prices-experts-say-not-so-fast/2012/03/12/gIQA8fsO8R_story.html There are a whole lot of other sites that say virtually the same thing, but this one came up first, so I used it. :biggrin:

But in a case like rising gas prices and unemployment, reality can matter less than perception. And the power of the press is limited, otherwise no Republican would ever become president. If the conventional wisdom is that Barack Obama is doing nothing about high gas prices, he will lose the votes of the moderates, especially the blue collar workers struggling to fill their tanks.

"Your father drove a V-8, but you need to drive a tiny Prius."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Mar 2012 21:13 #369 by Soulshiner

jmc wrote:

Soulshiner wrote: jmc:

Would you support a business that supports the KKK, the Taliban or Al Qaeda? Would you support a business that says that the Afghans that killed US service people after the Quran burning were right for killing them? Would you support a business that says that school shooters are right for killing kids? Would you support a business that says that the Holocaust failed and all of the Jews should be exterminated? That women who are raped asked for it and probably enjoyed it? Would you support a business who supports NAMBLA?

Are those the voices that you want to be heard?

I was speaking to the divide between libs and cons not what you extrapolated.
I would prefer that we don't boycott advertisers that go on Stewart or Rush.
Supporting the KKK? is absurd and took things to a ridiculous level.
You are part of the problem. IMHO
And I do want every voice heard, even those i find repulsive. Do you have a problem hearing from people you disagree with? Closed minded and a big part of the problem.

And I do want every voice heard, even those I find repulsive.

That says to me you want NAMBLA heard. I do have a problem hearing from those people. Sounds like you are just fine with it. I am not close minded, I just think that everyone has the right to say what they want but everyone else has the right to not support them and organize against them.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

12 Mar 2012 21:18 #370 by Reverend Revelant

Soulshiner wrote:
[snip]

That says to me you want NAMBLA heard. I do have a problem hearing from those people. Sounds like you are just fine with it. I am not close minded, I just think that everyone has the right to say what they want but everyone else has the right to not support them and organize against them.

If you mean to organize against them to shut down their speech, then you are treading on constitutional grounds, and opening yourself up for a big suit. ACLU works both ways.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds