thoughts on the Trayvon murder

05 Apr 2012 16:03 #531 by 2wlady
Just listened to the 911 tape.

Re black: Zimmerman later in the phone call did repeat that the guy was black.
He was told he "didn't need to do that" in regard to following the suspicious teenager.

I'd still like to know when Zimmerman pulled his gun out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2012 16:10 #532 by PrintSmith

LadyJazzer wrote: New information from a TRIAL will change my mind. I can hardly wait. The ever-flowing bullcrap from the right-wing regurgitation-stations will not.

You are not likely to get that trial LJ - for the reasons I have outlined previously.

05 Apr 2012 16:36 #533 by Reverend Revelant

2wlady wrote: Just listened to the 911 tape.

He was told he "didn't need to do that" in regard to following the suspicious teenager.

So?

2wlady wrote: I'd still like to know when Zimmerman pulled his gun out.

[/quote]

You haven't been able to find that info by Googling... then what makes you think that the general public has that info? No one has released any interrogation that may have took place for the 5 hours he was held at the police station. That's the most logical place where that info would have been discovered, and public hasn't been given any transcripts of the police inquiry, so how do we know? You'll probably have to wait for a trail, if there is one.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

05 Apr 2012 16:38 #534 by Reverend Revelant

And just for completeness sake, please post a link to an audio of the 911 call and a time stamp so we all can pinpoint his second use of the word "black?" Or some evidence of some sort of your statement. Thanks in advance.

05 Apr 2012 16:56 #535 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: New information from a TRIAL will change my mind. I can hardly wait. The ever-flowing bullcrap from the right-wing regurgitation-stations will not.

Fair enough.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Apr 2012 16:57 #536 by homeagain

Nobody that matters wrote:

homeagain wrote: I will ask this question to ANY parent out there in PC or 285 land.........."Have you had "the Talk" with your son?" (and probably daughter
also,but mostly aimed at SON).....the answer to THAT question will REVEAL just how diverse PC/285 REALLY are.....JMO

I don't see how that applies to this topic...

Yes, I know......MOST people here would not. IF there was a black individual here,they would tell you YES, I have told my son to
keep a low profile,be polite,don't back-talk when being confronted by authorities (any).....because a young black youth is suspect
at ANY TIME and his demeanor can mean the difference between LIFE OR DEATH.....BLACK PARENTS have "the talk" with their sons
because they want them to LIVE. It is part of the "culture" of black parents who care for the safety of their children.

05 Apr 2012 17:07 #537 by pineinthegrass

Zimmerman was first asked by the dispatcher at about the 30 sec point if the guy was white black or Hispanic. Zimmerman replied "He looks black".

Later, around 60 sec, Zimmerman says "he's coming towards me...(hand in waistband)... and he's a black male". My interpretation (for what it's worth) is that Zimmerman was just clarifying his earlier reponse to the dispatcher after Martin came up closer and he got a better look at him. Perhaps earlier he wasn't sure if Martin was black or maybe a darker skin Hispanic?

So far as when Zimmerman pulled his gun, we only have Zimmerman's story on that so far. And I don't even think we've seen it in the police report yet. The Zimmerman story I've seen comes from his dad, again for whatever that's worth...

Zimmerman told police that on the night of the shooting that a fight began after Martin sucker-punched him, climbed on top of him, and repeatedly banged his head into the ground.

[from Zimmerman's dad]

"After nearly a minute of being beaten, George was trying to get his head off the concrete, trying to move with Trayvon on him into the grass. In doing so, his firearm was shown. Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of 'you're going to die now or you're going to die tonight,' something to that effect. He continued to beat George and at some point, George pulled his pistol and did what he did."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/zimmermans-fathers-claims_n_1386981.html

05 Apr 2012 17:15 #538 by pineinthegrass

FredHayek wrote:

Fair enough.

So far as a trial goes, I'm willing to leave that to the second prosecutor. If she decides to go ahead with one, I've got no problem with it. If she doesn't press charges then I think it should end, at least at the state level. That would be two prosecutors who decided there wasn't enough evidence. I have no idea what, if anything, the feds my come up with.

I do think Zimmerman was wrong in persuing Martin, especially since he had been trained not to do that on a neighborhood watch. If it's a bad idea on a watch, it's a bad idea while driving to the store as well. I don't know if that is cause for a trial, though.

05 Apr 2012 17:24 #539 by Reverend Revelant

pineinthegrass wrote:

Zimmerman was first asked by the dispatcher at about the 30 sec point if the guy was white black or Hispanic. Zimmerman replied "He looks black".

Later, around 60 sec, Zimmerman says "he's coming towards me...(hand in waistband)... and he's a black male". My interpretation (for what it's worth) is that Zimmerman was just clarifying his earlier reponse to the dispatcher after Martin came up closer and he got a better look at him. Perhaps earlier he wasn't sure if Martin was black or maybe a darker skin Hispanic?

So far as when Zimmerman pulled his gun, we only have Zimmerman's story on that so far. And I don't even think we've seen it in the police report yet. The Zimmerman story I've seen comes from his dad, again for whatever that's worth...

Zimmerman told police that on the night of the shooting that a fight began after Martin sucker-punched him, climbed on top of him, and repeatedly banged his head into the ground.

[from Zimmerman's dad]

"After nearly a minute of being beaten, George was trying to get his head off the concrete, trying to move with Trayvon on him into the grass. In doing so, his firearm was shown. Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of 'you're going to die now or you're going to die tonight,' something to that effect. He continued to beat George and at some point, George pulled his pistol and did what he did."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/zimmermans-fathers-claims_n_1386981.html

The second time he use the word "black" he was being racist :)

05 Apr 2012 17:29 #540 by plaidvillain
PS, where are you getting this idea of a "reset" once Zimmerman loses sight of Martin? The "situation" started when Zimmerman made the mistake of leaving his car and concluded with pulling the trigger. There is no "ollie-ollie-oxen free"...no "timeout" just because Zimmerman lost Martin...perhaps Martin was right there, right in front of him...thus, to Martin there would be no break or "reset".

This "reset" concept you proclaim as fact is merely your speculation.

*feel good to call LJ a liar? I guess you need company you liar. You have lied repeatedly over the years about Clinton's "perjury". Despite my clear explanation that he answered the question put forth accurately, you insist he is a perjurer...which makes you a liar. I've given you opportunities to admit your error, but you refused. So, now, I must again call you out as a bald faced liar. Go ahead and continue to deride LJ...perhaps that is your defense mechanism for dealing with the shame of knowing that you are indeed a liar.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds