thoughts on the Trayvon murder

04 Apr 2012 15:00 #491 by PrintSmith
At that point there is no blame - it is simply an unfortunate cascade of events that led to a sad, tragic and premature death of a promising young man. Happens everyday in car accidents all across this union of ours. Anyone with the ability to reason that God gave a fence post understands that this didn't have to happen and that there were numerous points along the cascade where a single different decision by either of the two men involved could easily have resulted in a different outcome regardless of how it began.

Sometimes there is no bad guy, that's simply a reality that some choose to ignore, particularly when they see an opportunity to exploit a tragedy to advance a political agenda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2012 15:12 #492 by Reverend Revelant

towermonkey wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Wow, that's a lot of pages with people trying to justify what appears to be a murder. Having lived in Florida, I can believe the allegations of racial motivation, but I don't know what lives in anyone else's heart but my own. This one will be hard to take to trial because of the laws there.

Allegations are usually backed with various facts. You nor anyone else have any facts that Zimmerman's act was motivated out of racism and there is nothing to suggest that the PD and everyone else involved in this case were operating from a racist point of view. This racism narrative by the left has already played itself out. Try a new approach.

I see you're still illiterate.

The Magic Eight Ball says... "jerk-wad." Thanks for the insightful addition to the topic. I realize that your encephalitis requires you to take "baby steps" as you slowly gain functionality working toward rejoining the human race.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

04 Apr 2012 15:28 #493 by LadyJazzer
Or sometimes a guy that knew he was not to pursue anyone; knew he was not supposed to be carrying a weapon in the neighborhood; and was specifically told to "stand down" and stay in his car, and that "We don't need you to do that" continues on his "Junior G-Man/Vigilante" mission and shoots an unarmed kid, wearing a hoodie and carrying Skittles and can of ice-tea.

04 Apr 2012 15:29 #494 by Pony Soldier

towermonkey wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Wow, that's a lot of pages with people trying to justify what appears to be a murder. Having lived in Florida, I can believe the allegations of racial motivation, but I don't know what lives in anyone else's heart but my own. This one will be hard to take to trial because of the laws there.

Allegations are usually backed with various facts. You nor anyone else have any facts that Zimmerman's act was motivated out of racism and there is nothing to suggest that the PD and everyone else involved in this case were operating from a racist point of view. This racism narrative by the left has already played itself out. Try a new approach.

The Magic Eight Ball says... "jerk-wad." Thanks for the insightful addition to the topic. I realize that your encephalitis requires you to take "baby steps" as you slowly gain functionality working toward rejoining the human race.

Oh look! I gave you the opportunity to use your favorite phrase - "jerk-wad". I think it's funny how you think anything that doesn't agree with your warped sense of right and wrong is automatically classified as "from the left". Turn off the talk radio moron.

04 Apr 2012 15:58 #495 by Reverend Revelant

towermonkey wrote:

towermonkey wrote:

Oh look! I gave you the opportunity to use your favorite phrase - "jerk-wad". I think it's funny how you think anything that doesn't agree with your warped sense of right and wrong is automatically classified as "from the left". Turn off the talk radio moron.

My respond was to your comment "I see you're still illiterate" not the topic of the thread. I have other favorite words but I suspect using them would bump this thread into "The RIng." But I'm quite sure those words have been used to describe you numerous times, so try going through your little brain and see what you can come up with.

There are a lot of users here who don't manage to use perfect English, grammar or spelling. If all you have to contribute to a thread is your opinion on someone's literacy, you're wasting our time.

04 Apr 2012 16:18 #496 by Pony Soldier
I was actually referring to your failure to comprehend what you read. Illiteracy was just a guess. There are other, more serious, reasons for reading incomprehension.

04 Apr 2012 21:03 #497 by Soulshiner

LadyJazzer wrote: Or sometimes a guy that knew he was not to pursue anyone; knew he was not supposed to be carrying a weapon in the neighborhood; and was specifically told to "stand down" and stay in his car, and that "We don't need you to do that" continues on his "Junior G-Man/Vigilante" mission and shoots an unarmed kid, wearing a hoodie and carrying Skittles and can of ice-tea.

:yeahthat:

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

05 Apr 2012 02:38 #498 by PrintSmith

LadyJazzer wrote: Or sometimes a guy that knew he was not to pursue anyone; knew he was not supposed to be carrying a weapon in the neighborhood; and was specifically told to "stand down" and stay in his car, and that "We don't need you to do that" continues on his "Junior G-Man/Vigilante" mission and shoots an unarmed kid, wearing a hoodie and carrying Skittles and can of ice-tea.

And unfortunately it is not sometimes, but a majority of times instead, that a collective of collectivists decide they can't let a good tragedy go to waste and choose to proceed to distort reality into a fantasy of their own creation, completely severed from any and all tethers to reason, with the sole goal of advancing their political agenda.

Such a warped individual resorts to serially lying about Zimmerman being told to "stand down", repeatedly overlooks that Zimmerman was already out of his vehicle and in pursuit before hearing "we don't need you to do that", in fact ceased to pursue shortly after hearing that, disengaged and completely lost contact with Martin, and did not use his weapon to defend his person from being assaulted until his cries for help while he was being assaulted had failed to bring assistance or stop the assault upon his person.

05 Apr 2012 05:18 #499 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

Photo-fish wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Could it be less about racism and more about Zimmerman being related to a judge? That is the impression I got.

I agree with that approach.

That's possible. There is a good chance he's guilty of at least manslaughter. But these incessant claims that the whole incident was motivated by racism is not being born out by the facts. There is nothing to suggest racism motivated this possible crime. But the race baiters and the political opportunists on the left tried to use this to their own advantage. But all it's accomplished is to make these race obsessed clowns look foolish as the narrative falls apart.

Since NO ONE here on 285 or PC have all the facts/were privileged to see the incident as it unfolded/are BLACK.....here's the
bottomline,as I see it........there are SEVERAL factors that played into this case and have brought the issue in the forefront of the
public. FIRST,and probably for most,the Sanford PD and their demeanor/credibility within the community. SECOND, the gun law that
is NOW being scrutinized because of THIS incident and THIRD,if the relative of the Z had influence over the decision-making process.
(it would be nice if posters would SOURCE their claim of that fact)........I do NOT believe that Z. had racial motivation, I DO BELIEVE,
he was acting as a "police officer" (wanta be) and THAT motivation and the STAND YOUR GROUND law created a death that was
UNNECESSARY and tragic.......the combination of all the above facts have NOW created a fire-storm and with the NEW prosecutor,
the facts WILL come out......better later than NEVER........and that is the point of all this debate.....WHY was the investigation NOT
brought forward AT THE TIME of the incident. THAT is what the family's question is,THAT is what this debate is about, and THAT
is why there is such a massive outcry...justice was NOT done for this 17 yr old......END OF STORY. JMO

AHEM, PS........I would say,truly spoken like the "WHITE bread" person that you are.......your perspective of America,justice,equality
is slanted......as a WHITE person. JMO

05 Apr 2012 05:39 #500 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Photo-fish wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Could it be less about racism and more about Zimmerman being related to a judge? That is the impression I got.

I agree with that approach.

That's possible. There is a good chance he's guilty of at least manslaughter. But these incessant claims that the whole incident was motivated by racism is not being born out by the facts. There is nothing to suggest racism motivated this possible crime. But the race baiters and the political opportunists on the left tried to use this to their own advantage. But all it's accomplished is to make these race obsessed clowns look foolish as the narrative falls apart.

Since NO ONE here on 285 or PC have all the facts/were privileged to see the incident as it unfolded/are BLACK.....here's the
bottomline,as I see it........there are SEVERAL factors that played into this case and have brought the issue in the forefront of the
public. FIRST,and probably for most,the Sanford PD and their demeanor/credibility within the community. SECOND, the gun law that
is NOW being scrutinized because of THIS incident and THIRD,if the relative of the Z had influence over the decision-making process.
(it would be nice if posters would SOURCE their claim of that fact)........I do NOT believe that Z. had racial motivation, I DO BELIEVE,
he was acting as a "police officer" (wanta be) and THAT motivation and the STAND YOUR GROUND law created a death that was
UNNECESSARY and tragic.......the combination of all the above facts have NOW created a fire-storm and with the NEW prosecutor,
the facts WILL come out......better later than NEVER........and that is the point of all this debate.....WHY was the investigation NOT
brought forward AT THE TIME of the incident. THAT is what the family's question is,THAT is what this debate is about, and THAT
is why there is such a massive outcry...justice was NOT done for this 17 yr old......END OF STORY. JMO

AHEM, PS........I would say,truly spoken like the "WHITE bread" person that you are.......your perspective of America,justice,equality
is slanted......as a WHITE person. JMO

And when out President interjected himself into this story by making public statements, I guess his words were spoken like the White-Black person that he is. His perspective of black issues is slanted... as a WHITE-BLACK person.

Your rhetoric is a simplified toned down (dumbed down) version of Critical Race Theory which basically says the black community can never get justice because the whole system was set up by whites. So HomeAgain, what do you suggest we do. Shall we have all black courts for black people? An arrest of a black person is only valid if it were made by a black cop? Blacks cannot get an equal opportunity in business unless they are hired by an all black business?

I have a really good idea. Based on your statement I think blacks would be better off segregated. What a moroon.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds