thoughts on the Trayvon murder

03 Apr 2012 18:16 #451 by Reverend Revelant
Thanks goodness... NBC finally explains why there was an obvious edit on the 911 tape that they aired that made Zimmerman appear that he was racially profiling Trayvon...

"During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/eri ... _blog.html

It was just an error. That's refreshing to know. Takes a lot off my mind. Just and error. Just an error that appeared at the exact same time the dispatcher asked Zimmerman if Trayvon was "white, black or hispanic." Just an error that made it appear that the question was never asked and that Zimmerman offered to the dispatcher that "This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black."

That little error.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Apr 2012 18:34 #452 by plaidvillain

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: Never heard one of you conservatives defend the civil rights of al-Zarkawi...not a PEEP about his right to due process.

Said it all along, and you continue to prove me right - you only care about rights when they're yours - or when they're convenient to your politics.

Fine... go start a thread about al-Zarkawi... you're "you too" argument is lame. The whole lefty narrative in regards to the racist Zimmerman is falling apart and these are the talking points that you are left with. Stop trying to play with the big boys when all you got is squat.

No need...you guys reveal your inconsistencies and hypocrisies every time you open your mouths. It wasn't a "you too" argument...simply pointing out the idiotic hypocrisy of some of your cohorts.

The "racist" argument has always been far more about the Sanford PD than it is about Zimmerman, but you knew that. By the way - nothing is "falling apart" but Zimmerman's claim of self defense.

Thank goodness there are loud mouthed liberals screaming for justice and a real investigation! Here's to all who appreciate justice and the American right to due process! The hypocrites don't really believe in anything - just a part of why the so called "conservatives" become less and less relevant.

Oh hey PineInTheAss....YES I STILL THINK THE SANFORD PD ARE A BUNCH OF PIGS! Prove me wrong...

03 Apr 2012 18:53 #453 by Blazer Bob

plaidvillain wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: Never heard one of you conservatives defend the civil rights of al-Zarkawi...not a PEEP about his right to due process.

Said it all along, and you continue to prove me right - you only care about rights when they're yours - or when they're convenient to your politics.

Fine... go start a thread about al-Zarkawi... you're "you too" argument is lame. The whole lefty narrative in regards to the racist Zimmerman is falling apart and these are the talking points that you are left with. Stop trying to play with the big boys when all you got is squat.

No need...you guys reveal your inconsistencies and hypocrisies every time you open your mouths. It wasn't a "you too" argument...simply pointing out the idiotic hypocrisy of some of your cohorts.

The "racist" argument has always been far more about the Sanford PD than it is about Zimmerman, but you knew that. By the way - nothing is "falling apart" but Zimmerman's claim of self defense.

Thank goodness there are loud mouthed liberals screaming for justice and a real investigation! Here's to all who appreciate justice and the American right to due process! The hypocrites don't really believe in anything - just a part of why the so called "conservatives" become less and less relevant.

Oh hey PineInTheAss....YES I STILL THINK THE SANFORD PD ARE A BUNCH OF PIGS! Prove me wrong...

:like:

03 Apr 2012 18:58 #454 by Reverend Revelant

plaidvillain wrote:

You mean the Sanford Police Department are racists? Aren't you trying to be clever, moving the target from Zimmerman to the police department. You can't expect anyone to actually believe your little deflection?

Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Florida): This is Treyvon Martin. Trayvon Martin's murderer is still at large. It's been one month, thirty days, with no arrest. I want America to see this sweet young boy who was hunted down like a dog, shot in the street, and his killer is still at large.

Not one person has been arrested in Treyvon's murder. I want to make sure that America knows that in Sanford, Florida, there was a young boy murdered. He is buried in Miami, Florida, and not one person has been arrested even though we all know who the murderer is. This was a standard case of racial profiling.[/i] No more! No more! We will stand for justice for Treyvon Martin.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... treet.html

Soledad O’Brien -“So it sounds like to me you’re saying that it made sense to you that George Zimmerman would be fearful of young black men?” - “So when he saw Trayvon Martin, in your mind it would make perfect sense to say he’s a young black male, he probably is a robber. Is that what you’re saying?”

http://www.therightscoop.com/soledad-ob ... on-martin/

Martin's family and supporters say Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, racially profiled the teen

http://www.zimbio.com/Rev.+Al+Sharpton/ ... ral+review

The tragic reality of the Trayvon Martin case is not unique but universal; it was not unusual, but typical. Racial profiling is all too common in the US, and has led to the killing of a young man.

http://gulfnews.com/opinions/columnists ... -1.1003713

This new video is very damaging to his claims which the Sanford police originally leaked to the media in order to assassinate the teenagers character. His lies have been exposed. He is willing to say anything to justify his crime of racial profiling and murder of Trayvon Martin.

http://www.existenceisresistance.org/ar ... -brutality

I could go on... but your claim that "The "racist" argument has always been far more about the Sanford PD than it is about Zimmerman" has already be-clowned you. Your race-pimp bubble is deflating rather than blowing up

03 Apr 2012 19:24 #455 by pineinthegrass

plaidvillain wrote: Oh hey PineInTheAss....YES I STILL THINK THE SANFORD PD ARE A BUNCH OF PIGS! Prove me wrong...

So all of the Sanford police are a bunch of racist pigs?

How about the lead investigator who recommended to the prosecutor that Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter. He's a pig? If anything, you should be saving your insults for the prosecutor

How about officer Ricardo Ayala who was the 2nd officer at the scene and who spent most of his time giving CPR to Martin? Is he another "white Hispanic" racist pig too?

You really don't deserve much respect when you throw out crap like that.

03 Apr 2012 19:40 #456 by Reverend Revelant

pineinthegrass wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: Oh hey PineInTheAss....YES I STILL THINK THE SANFORD PD ARE A BUNCH OF PIGS! Prove me wrong...

How about the lead investigator who recommended to the prosecutor that Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter. He's a pig? If anything, you should be saving your insults for the prosecutor

How about officer Ricardo Ayala who was the 2nd officer at the scene and who spent most of his time giving CPR to Martin? Is he another "white Hispanic" racist pig too?

The lefts predetermined and void-of-facts narrative that they trotted out with in hours of this story breaking is falling apart and leftist like PlaidVillian have no recourse left other than vomiting out attacks like that and trying to deflect from their original pronouncements. Give it a week or so and it’ll be “Trayvon who?"

03 Apr 2012 21:25 #457 by pineinthegrass

pineinthegrass wrote:

Plaidvillain, I forgot to add that while one "racist pig" Ricardo Ayala pumped Martin's chest, another "racist pig", Sgt. Raimondo provided breaths to Martin.

You asked me to "prove you wrong" when you made an idiotic generazation to begin with which didn't even need a repsonse.

I've now given you three officers who don't appear to meet your wild irresponsible claims. Is that enough proof for you? Well, of course not... :faint:

Edited to add, another "racist pig", Sgt. McCoy later came to relieve Ayala with the chest compressions. Sanford Fire Rescue came later too.

03 Apr 2012 22:36 #458 by Blazer Bob
Pine, a little off topic but I want to say that I consider you one of the few posters whose posts almost always add value . Which is not to say we agree all the time or even all that often.

Plaid is very entertaining but she has frequent melt downs.

pineinthegrass wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

Plaidvillain, I forgot to add that while one "racist pig" Ricardo Ayala pumped Martin's chest, another "racist pig", Sgt. Raimondo provided breaths to Martin.

You asked me to "prove you wrong" when you made an idiotic generazation to begin with which didn't even need a repsonse.

I've now given you three officers who don't appear to meet your wild irresponsible claims. Is that enough proof for you? Well, of course not... :faint:

Edited to add, another "racist pig", Sgt. McCoy later came to relieve Ayala with the chest compressions. Sanford Fire Rescue came later too.

04 Apr 2012 07:09 #459 by plaidvillain
Pine, the officers did their jobs - means or proves nothing about their personal opinions on race. The real shame, and in my opinion - racism, of the situation is regarding how the administration over-ruled the lead investigator, in a rather unusual manner, and insisted upon not prosecuting Zimmerman and instead release him to let the slaying simply fade away.

You seem to take personal offense to me pointing out the incompetence and likely racist motivation to the Sanford PD's poor handling of this situation. If you think my attitude about this situation reflects my overall attitudes toward police, you would be making an incorrect assumption. I have great respect for police, and actually have a few family members in law enforcement...all of whom agree it appears Sanford PD did a very poor investigation, and a disservice to the deceased.

It is true we don't have the full story. It is entirely possible that I am completely wrong about this situation. It is true that without people speaking up and demanding more explanation, this case would have drifted away. Why you would jump to defend the PD who has already admitted they handled the situation poorly and lost control is beyond me, but it's certainly your right.

You may have whatever opinion of me you want - respect my view or not - it is irrelevant to the issue.

04 Apr 2012 07:12 #460 by FredHayek
Could it be less about racism and more about Zimmerman being related to a judge? That is the impression I got.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds