thoughts on the Trayvon murder

04 Apr 2012 07:28 #461 by homeagain

plaidvillain wrote: Pine, the officers did their jobs - means or proves nothing about their personal opinions on race. The real shame, and in my opinion - racism, of the situation is regarding how the administration over-ruled the lead investigator, in a rather unusual manner, and insisted upon not prosecuting Zimmerman and instead release him to let the slaying simply fade away.

You seem to take personal offense to me pointing out the incompetence and likely racist motivation to the Sanford PD's poor handling of this situation. If you think my attitude about this situation reflects my overall attitudes toward police, you would be making an incorrect assumption. I have great respect for police, and actually have a few family members in law enforcement...all of whom agree it appears Sanford PD did a very poor investigation, and a disservice to the deceased.

It is true we don't have the full story. It is entirely possible that I am completely wrong about this situation. It is true that without people speaking up and demanding more explanation, this case would have drifted away. Why you would jump to defend the PD who has already admitted they handled the situation poorly and lost control is beyond me, but it's certainly your right.

You may have whatever opinion of me you want - respect my view or not - it is irrelevant to the issue.

THANK YOU......as with most everything in life.....when you take a stand AGAINST injustice,illegal practices,apathy.......YOU become
the target and are slandered. I believe PlaidVillian has created a MUCH NEEDED dialogue and I thank her/him for the OP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2012 07:29 #462 by Reverend Revelant

plaidvillain wrote: Pine, the officers did their jobs - means or proves nothing about their personal opinions on race. The real shame, and in my opinion - racism, of the situation is regarding how the administration over-ruled the lead investigator, in a rather unusual manner, and insisted upon not prosecuting Zimmerman and instead release him to let the slaying simply fade away.

You seem to take personal offense to me pointing out the incompetence and likely racist motivation to the Sanford PD's poor handling of this situation. If you think my attitude about this situation reflects my overall attitudes toward police, you would be making an incorrect assumption. I have great respect for police, and actually have a few family members in law enforcement...all of whom agree it appears Sanford PD did a very poor investigation, and a disservice to the deceased.

It is true we don't have the full story. It is entirely possible that I am completely wrong about this situation. It is true that without people speaking up and demanding more explanation, this case would have drifted away. Why you would jump to defend the PD who has already admitted they handled the situation poorly and lost control is beyond me, but it's certainly your right.

You may have whatever opinion of me you want - respect my view or not - it is irrelevant to the issue.

And your opinion is irrelevant. You don't know diddly-squat about any of these officers, their personal feeling about minorities or their level of competence or incompetence. And you don't have little if any information about their investigation? Have you seen the file handed over to the DA? Of course not. And when did the Sanford police department admit to mishandling the case? I would like to see that quote? And your relatives were not at the scene of the killing, they have no more information than you do, and I would be concerned that your law enforcement relatives could make decisions and give opinion about this without having the same information that the police department and the DA has. Kind of scary that your relatives think that way. I wouldn't want them handling any "law enforcement" for me.

And the only speaking up that people did was to label Zimmerman a lier and a racist. And then they took to the streets with the same sort of uninformed attitude that you are displaying. Show me your proof of racism in either Zimmerman, the PD, the Da or any of the individual people involved with this case. Day after day we are getting new information that totally rejects your claims of racism.

The real incompetence here is your misinformed and biased opinions. You have nothing.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

04 Apr 2012 07:30 #463 by Reverend Revelant

homeagain wrote:

THANK YOU......as with most everything in life.....when you take a stand AGAINST injustice,illegal practices,apathy.......YOU become
the target and are slandered. I believe PlaidVillian has created a MUCH NEEDED dialogue and I thank her/him for the OP.

Dialog based on lies is worthless dialog and no more than pissing into the wind.

04 Apr 2012 07:38 #464 by plaidvillain
We all have opinions here - without them, there'd be no conversations.

Sanford PD's chief stepped down a few weeks ago stating he had lost control of the situation and could not explain some of the basic oversights in the investigation.

So now, nobody may express personal opinions here?...well then, at least that'll shut you up too.

04 Apr 2012 08:01 #465 by Pony Soldier
Wow, that's a lot of pages with people trying to justify what appears to be a murder. Having lived in Florida, I can believe the allegations of racial motivation, but I don't know what lives in anyone else's heart but my own. This one will be hard to take to trial because of the laws there.

04 Apr 2012 08:02 - 04 Apr 2012 08:09 #466 by Reverend Revelant

plaidvillain wrote: We all have opinions here - without them, there'd be no conversations.

Sanford PD's chief stepped down a few weeks ago stating he had lost control of the situation and could not explain some of the basic oversights in the investigation.

So now, nobody may express personal opinions here?...well then, at least that'll shut you up too.

Sure you can have opinions. But when your opinions are based on almost no factual information, and you make the kinds of blanket statements that you have made, that falls into the category of being a bigot. Sure you can have opinions... and I can point out that you are a lame bigot. I am interested in a quote from the SDP that references what you just stated. I would like to see a quote from the Sanford Police Department admitting to loosing control. Thank you in advance.

04 Apr 2012 08:05 #467 by Reverend Revelant

towermonkey wrote: Wow, that's a lot of pages with people trying to justify what appears to be a murder. Having lived in Florida, I can believe the allegations of racial motivation, but I don't know what lives in anyone else's heart but my own. This one will be hard to take to trial because of the laws there.

Allegations are usually backed with various facts. You nor anyone else have any facts that Zimmerman's act was motivated out of racism and there is nothing to suggest that the PD and everyone else involved in this case were operating from a racist point of view. This racism narrative by the left has already played itself out. Try a new approach.

04 Apr 2012 08:11 #468 by Photo-fish

FredHayek wrote: Could it be less about racism and more about Zimmerman being related to a judge? That is the impression I got.

I agree with that approach.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

04 Apr 2012 08:28 #469 by Reverend Revelant

Photo-fish wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Could it be less about racism and more about Zimmerman being related to a judge? That is the impression I got.

That's possible. There is a good chance he's guilty of at least manslaughter. But these incessant claims that the whole incident was motivated by racism is not being born out by the facts. There is nothing to suggest racism motivated this possible crime. But the race baiters and the political opportunists on the left tried to use this to their own advantage. But all it's accomplished is to make these race obsessed clowns look foolish as the narrative falls apart.

04 Apr 2012 08:52 #470 by homeagain

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Photo-fish wrote:

That's possible. There is a good chance he's guilty of at least manslaughter. But these incessant claims that the whole incident was motivated by racism is not being born out by the facts. There is nothing to suggest racism motivated this possible crime. But the race baiters and the political opportunists on the left tried to use this to their own advantage. But all it's accomplished is to make these race obsessed clowns look foolish as the narrative falls apart.

Since NO ONE here on 285 or PC have all the facts/were privileged to see the incident as it unfolded/are BLACK.....here's the
bottomline,as I see it........there are SEVERAL factors that played into this case and have brought the issue in the forefront of the
public. FIRST,and probably for most,the Sanford PD and their demeanor/credibility within the community. SECOND, the gun law that
is NOW being scrutinized because of THIS incident and THIRD,if the relative of the Z had influence over the decision-making process.
(it would be nice if posters would SOURCE their claim of that fact)........I do NOT believe that Z. had racial motivation, I DO BELIEVE,
he was acting as a "police officer" (wanta be) and THAT motivation and the STAND YOUR GROUND law created a death that was
UNNECESSARY and tragic.......the combination of all the above facts have NOW created a fire-storm and with the NEW prosecutor,
the facts WILL come out......better later than NEVER........and that is the point of all this debate.....WHY was the investigation NOT
brought forward AT THE TIME of the incident. THAT is what the family's question is,THAT is what this debate is about, and THAT
is why there is such a massive outcry...justice was NOT done for this 17 yr old......END OF STORY. JMO

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds