thoughts on the Trayvon murder

05 Apr 2012 17:48 #541 by PrintSmith
The reason that I have yet to retract the statement PV, is that it is a factual one.

"I tried to walk a fine line between acting lawfully and testifying falsely, but I now recognize that I did not fully accomplish this goal and am certain my responses to questions about Ms. Lewinsky were false," Clinton said in a written statement released Friday by the White House.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITIC ... .lewinsky/

False statements offered while under oath on a material matter before a court of law are rightly labeled perjury PV. Clinton knew at the time of his testimony that what he was saying was not "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" and for his perjury he was impeached by the House of Representatives and required to surrender his law license for a period of 5 years by the Arkansas Supreme Court. Them's the facts PV, like them or not.

So who's the liar now PV - look in the mirror for the answer to that question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2012 18:01 #542 by plaidvillain
Clinton was acquitted by the Senate and was NOT found guilty of perjury.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachm ... ll_Clinton

Feel free to continue your lies - the readers here know the truth about you.

Nothing to say about your opinion about this "reset" fantasy?

05 Apr 2012 18:07 #543 by Reverend Revelant

plaidvillain wrote: PS, where are you getting this idea of a "reset" once Zimmerman loses sight of Martin? The "situation" started when Zimmerman made the mistake of leaving his car and concluded with pulling the trigger. There is no "ollie-ollie-oxen free"...no "timeout" just because Zimmerman lost Martin...perhaps Martin was right there, right in front of him...thus, to Martin there would be no break or "reset".

This "reset" concept you proclaim as fact is merely your speculation.

*feel good to call LJ a liar? I guess you need company you liar. You have lied repeatedly over the years about Clinton's "perjury". Despite my clear explanation that he answered the question put forth accurately, you insist he is a perjurer...which makes you a liar. I've given you opportunities to admit your error, but you refused. So, now, I must again call you out as a bald faced liar. Go ahead and continue to deride LJ...perhaps that is your defense mechanism for dealing with the shame of knowing that you are indeed a liar.

Well... that certainly cleared up the whole Martin Trayvon case... Zimmerman is guilty because PrintSmith "lied" about Clinton. You don't have the racist narrative anymore and you don't have the "there wasn't any head wounds of damage to his nose" narrative anymore, so you resort to a "you too" argument to deflect from the facts. So sad.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

05 Apr 2012 18:14 #544 by PrintSmith
The fact that his party members in the Senate failed in their duty is not relevant given the man's own admissions regarding his actions. The fact that the Arkansas Supreme Court suspended his license to practice law for his acts of perjury speaks to the factual record from those who adjudicate based on facts instead of those who adjudicate based on politics. And, true to form, the practice of Democrats adjudicating according to how they feel instead of what the facts are continues in this case as well.

05 Apr 2012 19:15 #545 by Martin Ent Inc
Geez we keep on yapping about this.
1 He's dead
2 we may never know the real facts/truth
3 you peeps are infatuated with this subject

05 Apr 2012 19:42 #546 by plaidvillain
PS, I apologize for calling you a liar and I take back what I said. Perhaps it is that you see the situation from a different angle, and this different perspective leads you to conclusions that you believe. As you believe in your conclusions, your statements come from what you believe is truth. My perspective may not accept your truth, but it is wrong to call your statements lies, and worse to insult you as a liar, no matter how much I disagree.

Now, I am curious to further discuss your thoughts on this "reset" in the Martin case. You have rightly criticized others about making unsupported assumptions about what happened, but here you seem to believe it reasonable to assume this "reset" happened. Is there precedence for this legal assumption that once Zimmerman turned around, it was a new encounter, a completely new confrontation? This seems to be a pretty weak way to release Zimmerman from the fact that he instigated the situation. Martin never followed Zimmerman, didn't demand explanation of what Zimmerman was doing. It is undeniable that Martin was minding his own business and Zimmerman had no right to question, detain,...make any demands to Martin. He had no authority. Being a citizen is not enough to demand an imposition upon another citizen. "Reset" does not release this fault and responsibility.

Many comments have been made about this situation being used for larger political schemes. Despite what Sharpton, Jackson, the New Black Panthers, the Old Black Panthers....whoever....may say, think or do, not all liberals are involved in some mega-plot to destroy conservatives. Speaking for myself,I want to see justice have an opportunity and believe that it had been thwarted by some racist forces. All I want is for Zimmerman to provide reasonable explanation for shooting an unarmed minor. I've seen numerous people go to trial with far thinner evidence against them. If Zimmerman holds no legal responsibility for the death of Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman will be acquitted.

05 Apr 2012 20:05 #547 by Reverend Revelant

plaidvillain wrote: Speaking for myself,I want to see justice have an opportunity and believe that it had been thwarted by some racist forces.

You mean like you?

plaidvillain wrote: You seem to take personal offense to me pointing out the incompetence and likely racist motivation to the Sanford PD's poor handling of this situation.

plaidvillain wrote: Pointing out that "racism" persists in our society is NOT "race-baiting". It is the recognition of reality. Deflecting reality by blaming others for "race-baiting" is highly suspect, in my opinion.

Even people who do not think of themselves as racists are very much capable of racist actions. Do I think anyone here has a KKK hood in their closet? No. But many comments on this thread have expressed very racist sentiments. Searching high and low for trivial character elements to somehow make the victim appear to be the aggressor, when no real evidence indicates such IS racially motivated. Resistance of a thorough investigation and sweeping the case under the rug IS racist. This is not "race baiting" - this is reality.

If somebody else making accusations of racism makes anyone here uncomfortable, then they really need some serious introspection. If one cannot accept the truth about who they actually are, what they honestly think and believe, they always have opportunity to change and grow. Denial and stubborn pride about "self" only further perpetuates the problem within our society.

plaidvillain wrote: How does Trayvon's past conduct/misconduct change the situation of Zimmerman following Trayvon against police orders, confronting him without cause, then shooting him? It doesn't. Did Zimmerman have any reason to suspect Martin, other than his skin color? No. Was Trayvon acting suspicious?...oh yeah, black kid in hoodie in gated community - I forgot…how could a black kid be legitimately within a gated community, huh? Your additional info is irrelevant, but it does give a good indication of your focus and what the priorities of this case are to you.

plaidvillain wrote: Yes, I think Zimmerman made a judgement call on Martin based solely on his race which created the framework for the tragedy. Yes, I think the local police found it convenient to quickly wrap up the investigation of the local guy, also making assumptions about the victim based upon his race. How many posts should I have built up before I started the conversation? I have not posted here long, but I've read. I have read comments that show attitudes that I believe are racist. Do you believe there are no racists in our community or posting on these forums? Why is it taboo (read: immature), to describe people with the accurate descriptive?

I could go on and on... but you get the idea... can you say race baiting?

06 Apr 2012 14:43 #548 by Reverend Revelant
NBC has discover who edited the 911 audio that made Zimmermasn sound like he was racially profiling...

(Reuters) - An internal NBC News probe has determined a "seasoned" producer was to blame for a misleading clip of a 911 call that the network broadcast during its coverage of the Trayvon Martin shooting, according to two sources at the network.

The sources at the network, who declined to identify the producer, said NBC News executives did not know the 911 call was misleadingly edited until news reports surfaced days later on right-leaning blogs including Newsbusters.org and Breitbart.com.

The sources described the producer's actions as a very bad mistake, but not deliberate. [/b][/i]

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/ ... 2B20120406

I wonder if anyone thought about giving Zimmerman the same consideration. Sort of like you could describe Zimmerman's actions... a very bad mistake, but not deliberate.

06 Apr 2012 14:47 #549 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
That can't be GOP! NBC only gives us the truth!

On a related note, I just heard a guy on the radio say "everything is racist these days until proven otherwise". I think there's a lot of truth in that statement.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Apr 2012 14:48 #550 by Photo-fish
Deliberate mistakes are made all the time.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds