Obama keeps saying that he is RICH

11 Jul 2012 09:42 #11 by pineinthegrass
I'm not sure if he's used the word "rich", but he has said he's among the wealthiest...

He pointed out that under the current system people like billionaire investor Warren Buffett or Microsoft founder Bill Gates were paying a lower rate than their secretaries.

"That's not fair. It doesn't make any sense," Obama said. "Do we want to keep giving tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans like me, or Warren Buffett, or Bill Gates - people who don't need them and never asked for them? Or do we want to keep investing in things that will grow our economy and keep us secure? Because we can't afford to do both."

http://www.alternet.org/rss/breaking_news/874685/obama_calls_for__higher_tax_rates_for_rich_americans/

Also, when he talks about raising taxes for those making over $250K, is often mentions "people like me" as among that group.

Obama wants to extend tax cuts for those who earn less than $250,000 a year, while the cuts should expire for "people like me, for the top 2 percent of Americans," he said.

http://waukee.patch.com/articles/president-obama-to-xxxxxxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jul 2012 09:46 #12 by LOL
Well that's it then. I can't vote for Obama now if he is one of those evil rich folks. Dang, aren't there any poor folks running? :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Jul 2012 09:56 #13 by pineinthegrass
Dang, he even calls himself wealthy in big letters on his own website... lol

http://www.barackobama.com/buffett-rule/tax-fairness/

11 Jul 2012 10:05 #14 by Raees
As opposed to the $200 million dollar "I gave all my money away but still have offshore accounts" Romney.

Honestly, the right will criticize Obama no matter what he does or says. It's tiresome.

11 Jul 2012 10:07 #15 by FredHayek

Raees wrote: As opposed to the $200 million dollar "I gave all my money away but still have offshore accounts" Romney.

Honestly, the right will criticize Obama no matter what he does or says. It's tiresome.

It's our job and we are proud to do it. lol

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jul 2012 10:10 #16 by pineinthegrass

Raees wrote: As opposed to the $200 million dollar "I gave all my money away but still have offshore accounts" Romney.

Hey, I was only helping you out!

Raees wrote: I haven't noticed either. Can you provide some examples?

If it's so tiresome, why did you ask for examples? :wink:

11 Jul 2012 10:13 #17 by Raees
I asked because I've never heard him say he's rich, but then I don't listen to his speeches that much.

Arlen wrote: Have you noticed that at every opportunity Obama likes to tell everyone that he is rich?

I've never heard him do that.

11 Jul 2012 10:28 #18 by LadyJazzer
Yes, I'd like to see that too... (Probably just another one of those talking points pulled out of someone's backside....like: "Romney gave all his money away...", and "he's a self-made man")

11 Jul 2012 10:40 #19 by Martin Ent Inc
Apparently I am supposed to be outraged about what Mitt does with His money
than by what BO does with mine.

11 Jul 2012 10:44 #20 by billonthehill
See what happens when you limit yourself to only 1 or 2 sources of information.

A wise man keeps his mind open so that he may know when he is wrong.
Value your elders, They always have somthing to teach you.
The day I stop learning, Is the day I die! G.Mcf.W a man of his word.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds