Obama keeps saying that he is RICH

11 Jul 2012 13:30 #31 by LadyJazzer
Yes... Hasn't he....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jul 2012 13:38 #32 by FredHayek
I heard it yesterday on the Hugh Hewitt show, in Barack's own words. From a fund raising speech given yesterday.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jul 2012 13:39 #33 by Raees

BearMtnHIB wrote: Raees - I'm going to show you a perfect example of how your side of the political spectrum lies about everything.

Who paid more taxes?
Obama made $800,000? Lets say that is "correct"- He paid 20.5% of 800K- that would be $164,000.

Our robot Romney made $21 million. He paid 13.9% of 21mil- or $2,919,000 in taxes.

Now the way I see it by MY math- our Robot paid almost 18 times as much tax as Obama did.

Who paid more taxes again?

The graph wasn't at all about who paid MORE taxes. It was about the tax rate vs income. But then you already knew that.

11 Jul 2012 13:42 #34 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: I heard it yesterday on the Hugh Hewitt show, in Barack's own words. From a fund raising speech given yesterday.

And I heard on the TV, (maybe it was the Sean Hannity Show), that if you click your heels together three times and say, "There's no place like the GOP", you'll end up in Kansas...(or was it Iowa?...I can never remember...)

11 Jul 2012 13:50 #35 by FredHayek
More delusional? I have heard Obama say more than once that he is a member of the 1%. But then again he might be confused, because Joe Biden, earning 300K+ says he isn't in the 1%.

A flip-flopping presidential team?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jul 2012 13:53 #36 by Raees
The OP claimed Obama has been saying he is rich all the time.

Where are those requested quotes??

11 Jul 2012 13:58 #37 by Something the Dog Said
Perhaps you could document that since you have personally heard him say that more than once.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

11 Jul 2012 13:59 #38 by Reverend Revelant

FredHayek wrote: I heard it yesterday on the Hugh Hewitt show, in Barack's own words. From a fund raising speech given yesterday.

Fred...

I just went through the last 5 days of Obama's campaign speeches and no where does he call himself "rich." Her... yo can look through all his campaign stops and see what you find...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room ... nd-remarks

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

11 Jul 2012 14:03 #39 by LOL
:lol: This thread is almost as funny as the perspectives thread. LOL

Really bugs the lefties that Obama is doing ok and is clearly a 1%-er :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Jul 2012 14:30 #40 by pineinthegrass

LOL wrote: :lol: This thread is almost as funny as the perspectives thread. LOL

Really bugs the lefties that Obama is doing ok and is clearly a 1%-er :lol:

Really. Rich, wealthy, whatever. Obama does group himself among the wealthiest with Buffet and Gates. And now they nitpick that he didn't say "rich", but instead he said basicly the same thing (or is being among the wealthiest not the same as rich?).

So now Romney is brought up in this thread and the complaint is he doesn't pay his fair share of taxes. But the Democrats had no problem running a super rich 1%'er in John Kerry (OK, I'll add a name too) and he paid an even lower percentage than Romney at 13.1%. If you voted for Kerry and didn't complain then, why would you now complain about Romney's 13.9%?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/01/john-kerry-actually-had-lower-tax-rate-romney/47802/

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds