Obama keeps saying that he is RICH

11 Jul 2012 15:41 #51 by LadyJazzer
Obviously, none of which has anything to do with the simple question: I'm STILL waiting for those links to Obama saying "I am rich." Let me know when you find one... :Snooze

You seem to be unable to do that... You can hear the surprise in *MY* voice... :Whistle

And all the insults and snark don't seem to be working as a deflection....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jul 2012 17:15 #52 by Blazer Bob

Democracy4Sale wrote: The title of this thread is: "Obama keeps saying that he is RICH"

I'm still waiting for proof that he said "I am rich"... Let me know when you have it.... :Snooze

:VeryScared: What, deflections and off topic posts are not longer allowed? When did that happen? LJ will be crushed. :lol: rofllol

11 Jul 2012 17:19 #53 by OwaTaguSiam
Replied by OwaTaguSiam on topic Obama keeps saying that he is RICH

Arlen wrote: Have you noticed that at every opportunity Obama likes to tell everyone that he is rich? The first couple of times I just brushed it off but now it seems to have become the theme of very many of his sound bites.......to the point of embarrassment.

I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it.

11 Jul 2012 17:51 #54 by LadyJazzer
The title of this thread is: "Obama keeps saying that he is RICH"

I'm still waiting for proof that he said "I am rich"... Let me know when you have it.... :Snooze

11 Jul 2012 17:55 - 11 Jul 2012 18:41 #55 by LOL
LOL

:lol:

OBAMA is RICH, made millions in profits on his books! :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Jul 2012 18:41 #56 by PrintSmith

Raees wrote: The graph wasn't at all about who paid MORE taxes. It was about the tax rate vs income. But then you already knew that.

Which is why the left wants to talk about rates instead of dollars - but then you already knew that. FWIW Raees, I happen to think that all of us should be paying the same rate - I just also happen to believe that the rate Buffet's secretary and the current millionaire occupying the Oval Office should be paying a rate closer to Romney's rather than the other way around. That, after all, is what the current battle is about, right? The left thinks the rich folks, even though they are paying the vast majority of the dollars collected in taxes already, should be paying more dollars in taxes and the right thinks that the tax bill for everyone is too high. The left believes that a federal budget approaching 23-25% of the union's annual GDP isn't enough spending and the right believes the federal government ought not to be spending such a disproportionate share of the union's economy.

The federal government ought not to be appropriating 20% of the fruits of anyone's labor regardless of how much fruit their labor yields. That's too much money to take out of anyone's pocket.

Something The Dog Said wrote: Umm Mitt's charity is the tithing he is required to do to the LDS church in order to maintain his "membership", while Buffet and Gates charitable giving is to feed and educate the poor in Africa and elsewhere.

And while all of the "progressives" love to point out that a lot of Romney's charitable offerings are given to the LDS church in the form of tithing, they conveniently leave out what the LDS church does with those tithes, like helping to build wells so that people in developing nations have access to clean water and better sanitation. Working in cooperation with the WHO and other organizations in 35 countries to immunize 100 million children against diseases. It sent over a million pounds of food to Haiti after that nation suffered its devastating earthquake along with other relief supplies - including chartering at least 2 air flights to fly some of those supplies into Haiti for immediate relief. The LDS church was handing out relief within 24 hours of Hurricane Katrina. Oh yeah Dog - the LDS church does a lot of work helping those in developing nations, just like Buffet, Gates and Oprah do. Speaking of Oprah - I haven't heard her stumping for Obama this time around, or Caroline Kennedy either. What's up with that?

11 Jul 2012 18:54 #57 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote:

Raees wrote: The graph wasn't at all about who paid MORE taxes. It was about the tax rate vs income. But then you already knew that.

Which is why the left wants to talk about rates instead of dollars - but then you already knew that. FWIW Raees, I happen to think that all of us should be paying the same rate - I just also happen to believe that the rate Buffet's secretary and the current millionaire occupying the Oval Office should be paying a rate closer to Romney's rather than the other way around. That, after all, is what the current battle is about, right? The left thinks the rich folks, even though they are paying the vast majority of the dollars collected in taxes already, should be paying more dollars in taxes and the right thinks that the tax bill for everyone is too high. The left believes that a federal budget approaching 23-25% of the union's annual GDP isn't enough spending and the right believes the federal government ought not to be spending such a disproportionate share of the union's economy.

The federal government ought not to be appropriating 20% of the fruits of anyone's labor regardless of how much fruit their labor yields. That's too much money to take out of anyone's pocket.

Something The Dog Said wrote: Umm Mitt's charity is the tithing he is required to do to the LDS church in order to maintain his "membership", while Buffet and Gates charitable giving is to feed and educate the poor in Africa and elsewhere.

And while all of the "progressives" love to point out that a lot of Romney's charitable offerings are given to the LDS church in the form of tithing, they conveniently leave out what the LDS church does with those tithes, like helping to build wells so that people in developing nations have access to clean water and better sanitation. Working in cooperation with the WHO and other organizations in 35 countries to immunize 100 million children against diseases. It sent over a million pounds of food to Haiti after that nation suffered its devastating earthquake along with other relief supplies - including chartering at least 2 air flights to fly some of those supplies into Haiti for immediate relief. The LDS church was handing out relief within 24 hours of Hurricane Katrina. Oh yeah Dog - the LDS church does a lot of work helping those in developing nations, just like Buffet, Gates and Oprah do. Speaking of Oprah - I haven't heard her stumping for Obama this time around, or Caroline Kennedy either. What's up with that?

The LDS church also promoted political campaigns, prostelyzing campaigns, conversion of the unwilling and dead, maintain a misogynistic hierarchy, etc. The point being is while Buffet, Gates and Oprah charitably give willingly without coercion directly, Mitt does so under threat of losing his standing in his religion and indirectly.

As to Oprah, she has not checked in with me lately so I don't know what she is up to.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

11 Jul 2012 18:57 #58 by LOL
Right on PS

Lower effective rates to 5-15% for the middle class, instead of raising rates on the "rich" to 40%

Class Warfare Politicians are so much smarter than the average voter. Unfortunately.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Jul 2012 19:02 #59 by LadyJazzer
And don't forget bankrolling Prop-8 in California. How generous of them to use church funds to [illegally] involve themselves in political campaigns.

(See: [url=http://lds501c3.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://lds501c3.wordpress.com[/url])

I file every chance I get.

11 Jul 2012 19:09 #60 by LOL
Did you find the Obama "I am Rich" quote yet LJ? I did. :)

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds