Obama Has Plenty of Time to Drop Biden

16 Aug 2012 21:16 #21 by FredHayek
It actually doesn't make all that much sense to replace Biden with Hilary. She will probably be too old to run herself in 2016, 72, so why take the job?
Makes more sense to pick up a young charismatic choice.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2012 21:47 #22 by Raees
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) earlier this week said Obama would be better off replacing Biden with Clinton as his running mate. McCain said he did not expect that to happen, however. He said he thought Clinton hoped to run for president in 2016.

Asked about McCain's remarks Wednesday, Carney said: "One place I would not go for advice on presidential running mates is John McCain."

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/pr ... nning-mate

Hillary would be 69, not 72. Same age as Reagan when he was elected the first time. She could have a young charismatic choice for VP.

17 Aug 2012 06:59 #23 by RenegadeCJ

Martin Ent Inc wrote:

Raees wrote: That can't be right. Ryan makes Romney look dumb.

:thumbsup:
Think you are right there.

Ryan makes most politicians look dumb. Look! We came together to agree on something!! :grouphug:

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

17 Aug 2012 07:01 #24 by RenegadeCJ

CritiKalBill wrote:

Raees wrote: Biden is more likable to moderates than Hillary.

Hillary is polarizing.

But then, that's what you guys are WANTING Obama to do.

He won't. (Not saying what you envision won't happen halfway though Obama's next term.)

You're not very bright are you? Do you really think anyone on the right wants Hillary in the mix? She would be the first woman VP and be positioned well for 2016. She looks like Einstein compared to crazy Joe.

I don't want Hillary on the ticket....Although the American in me wishes Obama had done the right thing, admitted he is out of ideas, and didn't run. Hillary would be the dem candidate, and at least we would have new blood and new ideas regardless of which party won the election.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

17 Aug 2012 12:02 #25 by Something the Dog Said

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote:

Ryan makes most politicians look dumb. Look! We came together to agree on something!! :grouphug:

You betcha! Why just today your favorite VP pick announced how President Obama visited a factory in Wisconsin and promised to keep it operating. One thing, the factory closed in 2008 during the reign of President Bush.

Or this morning when it came out that he "forgot" about a $5 million trust fund in filling out his financial disclosure.

Or yesterday when he claimed he never sought stimulus money, then "remembered" it once he was shown the letters documenting it that he had signed, but then claimed he had no idea that he was asking for stimulus money which would have been a terrible mistake, but was merely asking for $20 million of taxpayer money for political supporters.

Or yesterday when he complained about the President not being tough on China, when Ryan personally and repeatedly voted against trade sanctions that the President wanted to impose on China.

And this has only been in the last 48 hours.

And don't forget about those two bills that he was able to pass in 13 years and over a million dollars in taxpayer funds that he was paid.

Oh well, he can always fall back on his private sector experience in driving the weinermobile.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 Aug 2012 12:25 #26 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: Ryan makes most politicians look dumb. Look! We came together to agree on something!! :grouphug:

You betcha! Why just today your favorite VP pick announced how President Obama visited a factory in Wisconsin and promised to keep it operating. One thing, the factory closed in 2008 during the reign of President Bush.

Are you saying that Obama didn't visit the factory when he was campaigning for office during that same year Dog? Are you trying to tell us that Obama didn't say, "if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."?

What support from government, a government with Democrats in majority control of both houses of Congress, did the union workers in Janesville receive to re-tool and make the transition to keep the plant open after they helped that candidate win the election? What support to re-tool and make the transition to keep the plant open did they receive from the restructuring deal forced through the bankruptcy courts by the Obama administration during the early months of that administration? The plant remained open with a skeleton staff filling outstanding orders until the middle of 2009. I know this because my wife is from Janesville. Bailey Bud has ties to the city as well, he can tell you the same thing. The Obama administration orchestrated the bankruptcy plan for GM Dog. It could have given the plant in Janesville the support from government that was needed to re-tool and make the transition so that the plant would be there for the next 100 years. They failed to do so.

17 Aug 2012 21:02 #27 by Rick

Raees wrote: I'll ignore your personal insult and confine my remarks to your point:

If the right doesn't want Hillary on the ticket, why are they pushing for her to replace Biden?

The right isn't pushing for Obama to replace Joe... youu watch too much MSNBC.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Aug 2012 21:05 #28 by Raees
Dude, I can't remember the last time I watched MSNBC. It's been years.

I watch Fox News for my comedy and the Comedy Channel for my news.

17 Aug 2012 21:06 #29 by LadyJazzer

Something the Dog Said wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote:

Or this morning when it came out that he "forgot" about a $5 million trust fund in filling out his financial disclosure.

Or yesterday when he claimed he never sought stimulus money, then "remembered" it once he was shown the letters documenting it that he had signed, but then claimed he had no idea that he was asking for stimulus money which would have been a terrible mistake, but was merely asking for $20 million of taxpayer money for political supporters.

Or yesterday when he complained about the President not being tough on China, when Ryan personally and repeatedly voted against trade sanctions that the President wanted to impose on China.

And this has only been in the last 48 hours.

And don't forget about those two bills that he was able to pass in 13 years and over a million dollars in taxpayer funds that he was paid.

Oh well, he can always fall back on his private sector experience in driving the weinermobile.

And don't forget trying to blame Obama today for a factory closing that happened during Bush's administration... You can't make this stuff up....

17 Aug 2012 21:13 #30 by Raees

CritiKalBill wrote:

Raees wrote: I'll ignore your personal insult and confine my remarks to your point:

If the right doesn't want Hillary on the ticket, why are they pushing for her to replace Biden?

The right isn't pushing for Obama to replace Joe... youu watch too much MSNBC.

Oh, I forgot. Rush, Drudge, Hanity, Coulter and McCain aren't from the right.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... biden.html

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds