Obama Has Plenty of Time to Drop Biden

19 Aug 2012 20:26 #41 by Raees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2012 13:15 #42 by bailey bud

Bailey Bud has ties to the city as well, he can tell you the same thing. The Obama administration orchestrated the bankruptcy plan for GM Dog. It could have given the plant in Janesville the support from government that was needed to re-tool and make the transition so that the plant would be there for the next 100 years. They failed to do so.

a) As I recall, no support was given to the plant (would agree, partisan politics may have influenced the decision)
(oddly - Obama won Rock County by nearly 2:1 margin)

b) At the same time, I recall, Ryan says he's against retraining programs (one of the few things Janesville DID receive when GM shuttered)

People knew in the 90s that GM would eventually shutter the Janesville plant. The facility was 100 years old , and line workers (very few of which had even a single college course) were paid $30/hour (well above the cost of alternatives). It did not help that the queen of the district (Diane Hendricks) is among the most anti-union executives in America. She has Ryan as well as Governor Walker firmly wrapped around her fingers. I don't think she was very interested in helping GM, since to help GM would be to help unions.

Politics hurt Janesville ---- and that's why I don't like politics.

22 Aug 2012 16:19 #43 by Raees
Toad, I don't know what to tell you but it looks like the Republican push to get Biden off the ticket isn't working...

22 Aug 2012 16:39 #44 by LadyJazzer

Raees wrote: Toad, I don't know what to tell you but it looks like the Republican push to get Biden off the ticket isn't working...

Shhhhhh... Don't interrupt their talking-point/outrage-of-the-day... The blissful ignorance is deafening... :lol: :can't hear

(They're obviously scared spitless of what Biden is going to do to Ryan in the debate, so anything they can do to try to marginalize him in advance is supposed to "help"? rofllol :lol: )

22 Aug 2012 18:41 #45 by The Boss
What's the next thread..."I still have plenty of time to get my wife a Christmas 2008 present"?

22 Aug 2012 18:42 #46 by Martin Ent Inc
Drop Joe?

From how High?

22 Aug 2012 18:54 #47 by otisptoadwater
Would it be a static drop or from a moving vehicle? Uncle Joe is helping Romney/Ryan more than he's helping Barry so what do I care if Barry keeps Uncle Joe on the ticket?

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

22 Aug 2012 18:59 #48 by Raees
Apparently enough to post speculation about it.

22 Aug 2012 19:25 #49 by otisptoadwater

otisptoadwater wrote: http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/political-pictures-biden-obama-putin-prank.jpg?w=500&h=333
12:35 PM, Aug 15, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

President Barack Obama has slightly more than 22 days to drop Vice Presidential Joe Biden from the 2012 Democratic presidential ticket, according to lawyers familiar with the party nominating process. That is, Democrats have until September 6 to formally nominate their presidential ticket which will then be qualified for the 50 state ballots.

And it is still possible for that ticket not to include the current vice president, Joe Biden.

Read more: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-has-22-days-drop-biden_650014.html

What part of the original post says "Otis P. Toadwater is waiting with baited breath for Obama to drop Biden from the 2012 ticket?"

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

22 Aug 2012 19:36 #50 by Raees
Oh, I'm sorry. You don't CARE if he's replaced. You just like to post about it. But it's not something you care about. You just post about things you don't CARE about. Gotcha.

What's this? ANOTHER post you made on Biden's possible future?

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22331&p=236751 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22331&p=236751<!-- l -->

For someone who doesn't care, you sure seem to.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds