The "GREEN" thread

04 Apr 2011 12:51 - 22 Apr 2016 11:08 #51 by RY
Replied by RY on topic The "GREEN" thread
What ‘real’ health benefits are attributed to drinking one glass of organic wine a day?

www.organicsoul.com/what-real-health-ben...-organic-wine-a-day/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2011 00:12 - 22 Apr 2016 11:09 #52 by Moonchild
Replied by Moonchild on topic The "GREEN" thread
Five Everyday Things You Can Do to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
read more here: halfhollowhills.patch.com/articles/five-...r-carbon-footprint-4

Ten Reasons We Plant Trees
Did you know that 3 trees, planted in the right spots around your home, can cut your air conditioning bills in half? I know up in the mountains this doesn't matter so much as it's cooler, but I'm guessing that many of you work in the city. Does your office building have green space around it that building management can improve this way? How about suggesting it?

Also, did you know that trees save tax dollars?
Read more here! americanforests.org/membership/10reasons.php

18 Apr 2011 08:51 - 22 Apr 2016 11:10 #53 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The "GREEN" thread
Top 10 Greenest States - we're not on it. :(

www.grist.org/list/2011-04-15-top-10-gre...-does-yours-stack-up
Top 10 greenest states—how does yours stack up?
by Jess Zimmerman
15 Apr 2011

Check out the rest of the rankings www.greenopia.com/usa/state_search.aspx?...loc=interstitialskip ] at Greenopia -- they're based on recycling rate, air and water quality, number of green buildings, number of green businesses, and per capita waste generation, emissions, water use, and energy use (adjusted for climate).

content.usatoday.com/communities/greenho...st-states-surprise/1

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Apr 2011 09:26 #54 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic The "GREEN" thread
Really glad that you all are doing your part, maybe 50 of you will reduce mine, I'm Not changing a thing. THE EARTH will be here with or without us, NOTHING we do will ever change that even if we blow-up all out nukes at once.

18 Apr 2011 21:24 - 22 Apr 2016 11:11 #55 by
Replied by on topic The "GREEN" thread
lol -Did god tell you that? And you probably wonder why some people think you're a moron right? Oh Em Gee

I bought a set of Michelan Fuel Saver Tires..Saving 190 gallons a year with em.
www.michelinman.com/green/

19 Apr 2011 05:40 #56 by TPP

No, GOD did not tell me that.
I know how to read, (not well, agreed), and it takes me longer (THANKS to our wonderful; public school system, not finding my dyslexia, I have to RE-READ ALOT), and I know how to think on my own, (unlike some). Look at the facts, fool!

What makes you think I can't believe in GOD & Science at the same time, your showing your closed mindness, IMO, can't have one without another, difference is I don't worship science, I respect it! ALL OF IT!

And I Pray that God Protect you & yours, when that VW BUG hits you, and your car folds up like an accordion, that you & yours will survive.

mercedes smart car crash dumb Created October 20, 2010

19 Apr 2011 05:59 #57 by TPP
I'm sorry I forgot you were to busy to READ "Science Odds and Ends".
I take a little of what I post back.

19 Apr 2011 12:23 #58 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic The "GREEN" thread
Yeah, you sure told me. What, I don't know, but you told me because I see alot of words there.

19 Apr 2011 13:39 #59 by TPP
So, it's is ture ya can't read, my daughter is a SMART teacher (NOT A UNION MEMBER), maybe she could help.

20 Apr 2011 23:01 - 22 Apr 2016 11:12 #60 by Moonchild
Replied by Moonchild on topic The "GREEN" thread
www.treehugger.com/files/2007/03/carbon_...2177#f2a47b7acae5a9a
The way I see it, offsets are a tool. Not good or bad in itself, it all depends on how you use it.

The chronological order in which things should usually be done goes something like this:

1) Question, Information: Do you know what you are doing, what are the impacts and what are the alternatives (if any)? Have you asked yourself: "Do I really need this?"

2) Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle: When you finally make an informed decision to do something, try to minimize its impact with the three Rs.

3) Mitigate: Then come the offsets. Once you've done your best, offsets can be used to "mop up" what's left until you can find a way to replace what you're doing with something that doesn't have the negative side effects that require the offsets in the first place.

They are not perfect, but they are 1) Better than nothing, 2) they can still be improved -- it's not because something is imperfect that it should be thrown out -- and 3) their success is a signal of what people want.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds