Conifer - right wing hate capital of US?

24 Oct 2012 07:53 #141 by FredHayek
It will be interesting to see if we ever find out her motive. A suicide that went wrong? A very devout Obama supporter willing to sacrifice herself for the cause? A desperate bid for attention? Whatever it is, I hope the poor woman gets some help mentally along with medical help to repair the damage.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2012 08:53 #142 by archer

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Democracy4Sale wrote: How's that phony "they did it too" working out for ya?

Doesn't change the facts of the bullet fired into the Dem HQ in Denver, and the swastikas the knuckle-draggers put on the Conifer office... does it....

Most people would like to see suspects before assigning responsibility but LJ skips that step once again.

As have most of your right wing buddies here......why doesn't that bother you?

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote: You just keep telling yourself that PrintSmith...whatever it takes so you won't have to face the possibility that your party might be responsible, or that hate does exist in our little mountain community.

When you review my posts archer, including the one you just responded to, I do not exclude any possibilities. I also readily accept that hate exists on both sides of the aisle in our little mountain community while some wish to exclude any who share their own ideology from inclusion.

My belief is that this was done by a bigot of the "progressive" persuasion, but I am enough of a realist to recognize that it is possible I am mistaken. You may believe the act was done by a racist, but are you enough of a realist to recognize that you could very easily be mistaken in your belief?

Drove right by that without bothering to respond to it so that you could hurl more vitriol. Why would that be archer? Are you so intolerant of those on the right that you are incapable of envisioning the intolerance that permeates the left being responsible for what happened?

Re-read your first post in this thread and tell me you gave any possibility that this was done by anyone other than someone on the left. Your body of work here speaks for itself, and your attempt to mitigate your posts by saying you really do allow for other possibilities rings pretty hollow to me. If you genuinely believe that now....good, thanks for undergoing such a change in 15 pages....it shows growth.

24 Oct 2012 12:24 #143 by PrintSmith
Reread the first post in the thread and then tell me that civility and respect would be the anticipated response to it. Dog earned every bit of what he got in response to his original post.

As you are commenting on personal growth, does that mean that you yourself have also had a spurt of it and are now willing to acknowledge that the bigot responsible could just as easily be an Obama supporter as a hate filled neo-Nazi? I have yet to see you do so despite a number of opportunities being made available. Or should I take your last post to be a non-acknowledgement acknowledgement of that real and distinct possibility from you.

24 Oct 2012 12:38 #144 by archer
Wrong again Print Smith. I made it pretty clear that I had no idea who did this, nor do any of you beyond your own opinion. I was posting on response to the blame the victims, or their supporters, mentality that was prevalent in this thread, you included.

archer wrote: Hate crime? No, I didn't think of it that way. I wasn't even really referring to the act itself with my posts.....it could be kids, it could be adults, it could be non political malicious mischief. What upset me were the reactions, and those reactions are what make the title of this thread so valid. So much anger, so much hatred of the"other side"....this is what our country has become, and our community reflects that.

Now the right will blame the left, and the left will blame the right.....but bottom line is we are all guilty. In this thread, however,I admit to being surprised by the attempts to blame the victims without any proof of that being the case. And my posts reflect the frustration of seeing people who may have done nothing wrong, were in fact victims of a crime, however minor, being accused of orchestrating the attack. That is just wrong....in fact our rightie friends have pointed out in the past how wrong that is.

27 Oct 2012 08:22 #145 by TPP
I still find it ironic that they would rent a place right next to daycare & education center, they must all go over there for some learn'in.
And on a corner that's using the ol' brain cells, those that are LEFT that is...

27 Oct 2012 08:29 #146 by LadyJazzer
On the other hand, it has good access for your buddies with trucks and cans of black paint... Easy-in, easy-out.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds