I'm Calling the PRESIDENCY for Barack Obama...

06 Nov 2012 23:39 #41 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic I'm Calling the PRESIDENCY for Barack Obama...
I was waiting to see what you guys would do tonight and you did it again.

Good night and congratulations. You are the same people you were a day ago. And we have the same egomaniac we had a day ago too. I sure hope he has the time to get his ass down to NJ and NYC now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Nov 2012 23:40 #42 by archer

CinnamonGirl wrote: "angry white guys is racist, archer. I am deeply offended by it.

I think you're just deeply offended that your guy lost. I get that.....but if you want to rage at someone why not the person who originally used the phrase, Lindsay Graham, not the poster who merely repeats it?

06 Nov 2012 23:40 #43 by archer
And you are who we thought you were CG.

06 Nov 2012 23:51 #44 by archer
Bummer....I really had hoped that after tonight we could all look to how best this country could move beyond the rhetoric....not going to happen is it. A couple angry posts and we are right back where we were just hours ago. I think I will give politics a rest for a while.

07 Nov 2012 00:29 #45 by Jekyll
I voted against both Romney AND Obama. Remember that I voted for Obama in '08. Look me up. I think we're all in for a world of hurt. Obama failed and will continue to do so. I suppose it's best that Romney didn't get it, because he would've taken on the burden of not only past admins, but this one as well. I will concure with many here that people like LJ, aka Democracy4Sale, should be at minimum, flogged in front of the masses, along with all the other blind sheeple that follow people like her. However, the fact that I voted against both of the dufusus says that I hate everyone equally, so there you have it. I don't believe that anyone alive right now has their head out of their arse. I hope all the liberals enjoy more downfalls and failure and pain, cause their comin. Course, I suppose all the bs will be someone elses fault (like Bush, even though he's practically non-existent at this point), so yea, all the rhetoric will continue. I hate where my country has gone, and I vow that I'll do everything I can from now on not to put up with anyone's open handed entitled attitudes. Key my car for nothing? Yer gonna look pretty funny tryin' ta eat corn on the cob with no FU***** TEETH!

07 Nov 2012 04:34 #46 by The Boss
Now that the election is over, can we focus on getting control of our lives back to us rather than to fleeting govt officials that don't give a crap about us?

Most of the back and forth of politics is because we allow collective decision making of stuff that has nothing to do with the collective. It's like people are on a drug and just keep taking more of it because they can't stop. Please stop giving up power over your own life, when you do so, you also give up some of my power.

So many of the debates around presidential or federal politics should not even begin. Such issues should be solved personally and sometimes by local govt, but primarily personally.

Both parties and their faithful followers are just members of the redistribution religion, redistribute power and money because you cannot earn respect or income without force. You are like protestants and catholics, worshiping the same stuff and constantly pretending it is different.

The president just does not matter as much as you think and the more you pretend it does, the more you loose, and the rest of us right there with ya.

07 Nov 2012 06:08 #47 by Nobody that matters

archer wrote: Bummer....I really had hoped that after tonight we could all look to how best this country could move beyond the rhetoric....not going to happen is it. A couple angry posts and we are right back where we were just hours ago. I think I will give politics a rest for a while.

We can certainly move beyond the rhetoric, and get down to the specifics of how to best block the liberal agenda complete with entitlement attitudes from ruining this country even more than it has already.

We've moved past campaigning, and now it's time for the Republicans we've sent to Washington to continue their obstructionist ways.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

07 Nov 2012 06:20 #48 by RCCL
You know... voting for a third-party is actually kinda exciting, and freeing, in its own ways... I woke up this morning with absolutely zero expectation that "my guy" won even a single state.

But you know what?

I picked a candidate that represented over 90% of all of my views, not just one sector, not along party lines, not because I was "voting against the other guy"... but because I truly believe in him as a representation of my views and my opinions. I'm happy with my personal voting results.

That said, with very little actual change in the Senate and House, I envision (at the very minimum) two more years of squabbling, two more years of "the Republicans are the party of 'No'" and "Democrats won't go 'across the aisle' for anything", two more years of wishing we could get something accomplished, real plans in place, budgets actually balanced, presented, and on the record... but knowing that nothing will actually get accomplished. We've got the same old bags in all the right places.

07 Nov 2012 07:24 #49 by RenegadeCJ

archer wrote: If you watch any of the major stations, including FOX, they are all talking about how Romney and the Republicans alienated the blacks, the hispanics the young, and many women....all the analyzes are about race and gender....about how the GOP cannot win with just the white vote....that isn't racist CG, that's taking a good hard look at what went wrong and why they lost.

How have the conservatives alienated blacks, hispanics, and women? By actually having an economic and education agenda that will finally lift them out of poverty? The democrat policies have destroyed the lives of these minorities. Are they better off that 20 yrs ago? No. Because the democrats don't want them to be. If blacks and hispanics were successful as a group, the democrat party would lose a lot of votes. Any time a minority becomes successful and conservative, they are chastised and labeled as a traitor.

We'll see how it changes. I'm looking forward to seeing what Rubio, Jindal, West, etc do. Unlike the dems, who are old and entrenched, we have some young guns coming in the pipeline.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Nov 2012 07:24 - 07 Nov 2012 07:32 #50 by cydl
I did not vote for Romney or Obama - I voted my convictions and I guess my convictions don't count in this country anymore - but no matter. I too am happy with my vote.

Regardless of who gets in office the coming 4 years are going to be ugly. In a way I'm glad Obama won. Now, in four years when the economy is down the tubes and our civil liberties are nearly non-existant (or administered by UN treaty) we can point the finger at the one person who's responsible. BUSH!!!!

Boy are we in trouble!!!

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: rofllol rofllol rofllol

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds