I'm Calling the PRESIDENCY for Barack Obama...

07 Nov 2012 08:40 #61 by appleannie
Bush won in 2000 with 271 electoral votes and laid claim to a mandate. Same in 2004 with 286 electoral votes.

I'd say we have a mandate. :Whistle

I'm seeing a bunch of whiny losers around here this morning. I can relate - i felt the same way the morning after the 2004 election. But the country survived that, so i suspect it will survive another four years of Obama.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2012 08:43 #62 by FredHayek
Obama is one of the few incumbents to get re-elected with less support than the first round. Trust me, the GOP isn't dead. I heard the same story in 2008. As minorities assimilate, they are more likely to become Republican. Italians and the Irish were once considered disadvantaged.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Nov 2012 08:52 #63 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic I'm Calling the PRESIDENCY for Barack Obama...

RenegadeCJ wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: How have the conservatives alienated blacks, hispanics, and women? By actually having an economic and education agenda that will finally lift them out of poverty?

Oh, I HOPE you continue to have that attitude... That's the very reason you lost all of those groups... PLEASE keep that...Don't change...

The GOTP will continue to be irrelevant for years.

So you can't answer a direct question?

Actually, if the conservatives can't make any inroads, it won't matter. Democrats like you are destroying this country economically. It is too bad that people like you don't want anyone to succeed in America. If 100% aren't successful, then everyone should be a failure.

Renegade you are talking to a brick wall. Don't get yourself upset because you cannot reason. Let them marinate in who they voted for. Let's sit back and see what happens. If things get better, these guys were right. I will be the first to congratulate them. If not, he can blame everyone but he will be just like Bush. He will never be invited to any Dem Convention and will disappear. Fiscal cliff is on it's way. Let's them watch in the america they want. $10 birth control pills and no job to pay for them.

Buy more gold. Market is now down by 254.09.

07 Nov 2012 09:05 #64 by appleannie

If things get better, they these guys were right. I will be the first to congratulate them.

Based on your posts, i doubt that.

It is too bad that people like you don't want anyone to succeed in America. If 100% aren't successful, then everyone should be a failure.

This, in a nutshell, is why I don't bother talking to conservatives much anymore. It's useless when they are so convinced that they know better than i do what i want.

07 Nov 2012 09:06 #65 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, and the market closed at 8,279.63 the day before Obama took office... Hmmmm... The market goes up / the market goes down. When it goes up, you guys don't give him credit; and when it goes down you want to blame him.

Next ......................

07 Nov 2012 09:21 #66 by MountainRoadCrew
The Courthouse was getting a little too confusing with all of the multiple, similar topics so we've merged some so it's a little more organized. Anything that had to do with the presidency ("Done" and "I'm Calling Colorado for Obama") were placed into this thread. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

07 Nov 2012 10:02 #67 by archer
The market today is all about Germany, unfortunately no matter what Obama does, or doesn't do, the next 4 years.....we still can only control our own direction, not the rest of the world.

07 Nov 2012 14:55 #68 by BearMtnHIB

The market today is all about Germany

Now that's the funniest thing I've heard today...

Dow closed down 312.95. Definitely Germany! rofllol

07 Nov 2012 15:01 #69 by LadyJazzer
Yeah...Hysterical:

Contributing to the bearish sentiment were comments from European Central Bank President Mario Draghi who said that the European debt crisis is starting hurt the German economy. The negative outlook was confirmed by this morning's Eurozone Autumn Forecast, which also pointed to an expected slowdown in the German economy.

07 Nov 2012 18:08 #70 by archer
If you look at the overnight markets, they rose on the news that Obama had won, but dropped dramatically this morning with the news from Germany and the European Central Bank. But if believing that the drop in the market is the result of Obama winning a 2nd term helps you cope with losing, be my guest.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds