I'm Calling the PRESIDENCY for Barack Obama...

07 Nov 2012 07:31 - 07 Nov 2012 07:35 #51 by Pony Soldier
Congrats to President Obama. Maybe we can all move beyond the vitriol that has ruled this place for the last few months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2012 07:33 #52 by cydl
Well said TM and you're absolutely correct. We all need to move on.

07 Nov 2012 07:36 #53 by FredHayek

towermonkey wrote: Congrats to President Obama. Maybe we can all move beyond the vitriol that has ruled this place for the last few months.

:lol: Deluded optomist...I imagine the GOP leaners are going to fight on here.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Nov 2012 07:40 #54 by RenegadeCJ

towermonkey wrote: Congrats to President Obama. Maybe we can all move beyond the vitriol that has ruled this place for the last few months.

Is LJ leaving the site? rofllol

Yes, congrats to him as well. The guy in office the last 4 yrs has done a horrible job, so he has a lot of repair work to do. I kind of feel bad that he has to take over for such an inept leader and the mess he left him.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Nov 2012 07:51 #55 by Something the Dog Said

CinnamonGirl wrote: "angry white guys is racist, archer. I am deeply offended by it.

I had to listen to it the whole campaign and tonight I don't want to hear it but I don't expect much on here. Same thing happened on 9/11 a few hours before more Americans were killed.

So CG has no problem with a conservative poster referring to the President as a "black boy" but is deeply offended by Fox News commentators and Republican strategists referring to the GOP as the party of the angry white male. The hypocrisy is outstanding.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

07 Nov 2012 08:19 #56 by LadyJazzer

RenegadeCJ wrote: How have the conservatives alienated blacks, hispanics, and women? By actually having an economic and education agenda that will finally lift them out of poverty?

Oh, I HOPE you continue to have that attitude... That's the very reason you lost all of those groups... PLEASE keep that...Don't change...

The GOTP will continue to be irrelevant for years.

07 Nov 2012 08:28 #57 by ScienceChic

RCCL wrote: You know... voting for a third-party is actually kinda exciting, and freeing, in its own ways... I woke up this morning with absolutely zero expectation that "my guy" won even a single state.

But you know what?

I picked a candidate that represented over 90% of all of my views, not just one sector, not along party lines, not because I was "voting against the other guy"... but because I truly believe in him as a representation of my views and my opinions. I'm happy with my personal voting results.

That said, with very little actual change in the Senate and House, I envision (at the very minimum) two more years of squabbling, two more years of "the Republicans are the party of 'No'" and "Democrats won't go 'across the aisle' for anything", two more years of wishing we could get something accomplished, real plans in place, budgets actually balanced, presented, and on the record... but knowing that nothing will actually get accomplished. We've got the same old bags in all the right places.

:yeahthat: I voted for every Independent that I could, and the only feeling I have is that nothing is going to change in the next 4 years. Wouldn't have mattered whether Democrats or Republicans controlled either house or the PA Ave, ain't nuthin' gonna change...

Oh, except that we'll start feeling the effects of climate change more, and start going more bankrupt trying to pay to fix everything or writing off losses, insurance rates skyrocketing, etc. We're hosed.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Nov 2012 08:31 #58 by cydl
You got that right, SC. And all the politicians fiddle and dither while Rome burns.

07 Nov 2012 08:35 #59 by RenegadeCJ

LadyJazzer wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: How have the conservatives alienated blacks, hispanics, and women? By actually having an economic and education agenda that will finally lift them out of poverty?

Oh, I HOPE you continue to have that attitude... That's the very reason you lost all of those groups... PLEASE keep that...Don't change...

So you can't answer a direct question?

Actually, if the conservatives can't make any inroads, it won't matter. Democrats like you are destroying this country economically. It is too bad that people like you don't want anyone to succeed in America. If 100% aren't successful, then everyone should be a failure.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Nov 2012 08:40 #60 by LadyJazzer
And people like you keep thinking you can force-feed "entrepreneurial spirit" into EVERY citizen whether they want it or not. And labeling EVERY citizen that doesn't want to start a business a "moocher/taker"--even if they're employed.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds